Military rate via Fare Viewer

babyblue78

I do not qualify for Military rate, but I happened to notice that today the rate showed up on Fare Viewer for both of my current sailings. Wanted to pass it along in case if helps anyone, not sure if these are pulling for ALL sailings or not, but maybe this will be helpful to someone.

If they are now making the rate easier to find online, I think that is a good thing.

thanks for the heads up. I use "another site" to do a mock booking to check our military rate because carnival never had it. When there was a price drop 2 mns ago, I filled out the form and of course put down the "website" that I found it. I got the drop, however with a letter stating that they normally don't honor "other" websites pricing. I wrote back and said well then maybe you should post military rates, otherwise I have not way to check it. Please have it on your site and I would be more then happy to check it there, lol I never heard back from them.

I'm happy to see they finally have it on their site

I just noticed the same when checking my rates this morning. That save me the additional step of checking another website for them every day. We have made out better using the military rate a few times, but as it stands the ES rate is still the best for us on our sailing. I am happy to see it has been added as an option.

This is great for military.....but I always find it weird that the early saver is always cheaper than past guest and military

Kind of a bummer

It is a bummer. CCL's military rates, a few years ago (prior to ES), used to be really terrific and represented a super value for current and ex-military without the strings of non-refundable deposits. It's still a good deal compared to the full "Fun Saver" rate but not as good as ES. Nothing that special lasts forever I guess. :(

I had promised not to post any more after some of the nastiness I've seen on this site, but I just had to say thanks to the original poster. Just saved $60 on my son's room for our 5 March Destiny cruise. I had always been frustrated that military fares didn't show up so this is a great improvement and timely for me. Back to hibernation...

Would these be the same as the interline rates since one of the ways to qualify for the interline rate is retired/active military? If so, it would beat having to go to other sites to find the interline rate when this would be it. Funny thing is this morning I could get the military rates and now I can't.

I had promised not to post any more after some of the nastiness I've seen on this site, but I just had to say thanks to the original poster. Just saved $60 on my son's room for our 5 March Destiny cruise. I had always been frustrated that military fares didn't show up so this is a great improvement and timely for me. Back to hibernation...

Glad I could help! Just ignore the nasties on here.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this morning that the military rates are showing up. I usually use another TA site to find the military rates but I noticed on my bookings that the Carnival website has a military rate for my cruise but the TA site does not show a military rate. This is awesome! Finally Carnival did something to their website that I like LOL.

It was showing up for a while but now it is not showing anymore.

Has anyone else noticed that the military rate is no longer showing?

It is not because there is not currently a military discount, there still is I can see it on other websites.

Archived