What's the likelihood of clearing the dining waitlist?

Vexorg

Currently, I'm booked for a cruise on the Crown Princess in roughly 45 days, where I will be sailing with a group of 10 people. Most of the people in the group have 6pm fixed seating dining, but I booked later than most of the group (I booked on an FCC that I didn't have yet when everyone else booked) so I ended up with Anytime dining, waitlisted for 6pm fixed seating. If I recall correctly, I was somewhere around #45 or so on the waitlist (this was back in October), but I'm not entirely certain of that. Currently, my status still shows as waitlisted.

I'm starting to get concerned about the possibility that I might end up split up from the rest of the group in dining, especially since the sailing is looking to be pretty full now. I do have my reservation linked with my parents for dining, and they've made a request to try to get a table for 10 in the dining room.

Given these circumstances, what's the likelihood that I'll run into an issue with being able to dine with the rest of the group?

The first thing to do is to make sure your TA has cross-referenced everyone's bookings. If you used different TAs, send each one each person's name and booking number.

Then, when you board the ship, locate the Maitre d' as soon as you can. Have a list of everyone's name and cabin # as a reference and explain that you are traveling with your friends. He will double check and when he sees you're all cross-referenced (linked), chances are excellent that he will accommodate you even if you haven't cleared the wait list.

Your cruise card when you board will have the dining room assignment on it if you have cleared the waitlist.

If you have cleared, check with others in your group to be sure you have the same table assignment. If not, see the Matre d' as others have suggested.

How or where do you find the maitre d?
When you board and go to your cabin, a "Princess Patter" will be on the desk. There should be a notice in the Patter where the Maitre d' will be to take dining requests. If you don't see it, call the "Dine" button on the phone in your cabin to find out where he or his representative is. Many people change dining the first day or two; some want Anytime, others want to switch to a different fixed time, some want to be seated with friends. Be prepared for a line. If there's no line, consider yourself lucky. :)

This has happened several times to us because family books a cruise at different times. One of us goes down to the dining room when we board with information (names and cabin numbers) of all family members (usually there were 10 or 11 of us). When we talk with the Maitre'D we ask for a nice table by the window for all of us at the dining time we want and tip $100. Works every time.

This has happened several times to us because family books a cruise at different times. One of us goes down to the dining room when we board with information (names and cabin numbers) of all family members (usually there were 10 or 11 of us). When we talk with the Maitre'D we ask for a nice table by the window for all of us at the dining time we want and tip $100. Works every time.

It should work without the bribe.

Archived