L'Ecole Nouvelle Royal Caribbean - International Critters Delivery 2011

Bravo to you and all who helped make this a success. You put so much time and effort in this. It must have been a proud moment when you were able to deliver and open all of the packages for the children.

Giving is a wonderful thing, and I could see by the photos of you both afterwards you were given back something money can't buy. The knowledge you enriched so many lives with your effort must feel great.

Will you do this next year? Again, BRAVO!

Our list of instruments -

1 - Xylophone

2 - Hohner Blues Band Harmonicas; key of C; one new; one used

1 - Hohner Harmonica

1 - Triangle

1 - Maracas, pair

1 - Tambourine (32-metal rings/Pro model)

1 - Folding music stand

1 - SK-1 Casio Keyboard

60 - Kazoos

24 - Recorders

12 - Tambourines

36 - Harmonicas

1 - Folding music stand

1 - Acoustic Guitar

Several Sheet Music Books

1 - Rhythm Band 13-Note Hand/Desk Bell Set with Case

* - Lesson books & Colour Coded Charts & CD for Bell Set

1 - Light up Learning Keyboard with Stand & Books

1 - Harmonica with Learning Instructions

1 - CD Player (with radio)

1 - Small Drum,

2 - Small Maracas

4 - Small Tambourines

2 - Accordions

1 - Professional Microphone with stand

1 - Music stand

1 - Professional Keyboard with stand

1 - Professional Amplifier & Equipment

6 - Egg Shakers

1 - Train Whistle

2 - Recorders (Yamaha Soprano/Descant Recorder Baroque) with carrying cases and instructions

1 - Royal Caribbean Blue Ukulele with lesson book

4 - Hohner Harmonicas with cases

4 - Whistles

3 - Clip Universal Tuners with Batteries

12 - Slide Whistles,wide tone range

1 - Ukulele

3 - Accordion Lesson Books

1 - Maracas (pair)

1 - Recorder (Baroque) with holder and note sheet

1 - Staff Liner

1 - Name a Note Game

24 - Canto Recorders with holders and note sheets

1 - Small Handle Castanet

1 - Double Jingle Tap

1 - Triangle set

1 - Sand Blocks

2 - Mounted Bell Set (5)

1 - Handle Bells (13)

1 - Color Coded Flash Cards

1 - Music Theory Flash Cards

5 - Music Stands

1 - 8 Note Bell Songs Book

1 - Another 8 Note Bell Songs Book

1 - Hymns for 8 Note Handbells Book

1 - Celebrations for 8 Note Handbells Book

4 - Recorder Time Book 1

2 - Duet Time Book 1

1 - Kohlert Oboe with Case, handmade reeds and cleaning tools

1 - Acoustic Guitar with Case, strings and various accessories

1 - Oboe Lesson Book & Lesson CD

1 - Rhythm Band Bongos Regular Deluxe 6 1/2H X7 & 8 Dia

2 - Hohner Kids Glockenspiels with Bags and Safety Mallets

15 - Sheet Music Books/Magazines

13 - Kazoos & pair of mini maracas

4 - Cymbals (2 x pair)

1 - Fish Guiro

4 - Finger Cymbals (2 x pair)

1 - Ukulele

5 - Childrens Guitars

1 - Bongos

1 - Ludwig Snare Drum

Looks like an awesome project! Would you mind answering a few questions for others like myself who are probably a bit confused? Who are the international critters? What school is this and what is the affilitation to Royal Caribbean? How did you get involved in this? Looking forward to more pictures! :)
This link should explain all about the school Royal Caribbean Announces Opening of Its New School in Haiti
The International Critters are all members of Cruise Critic, who first came together for the Oasis Inaugural in 2009. We don't book with the same Travel Agent so we are different than some groups on here.

The school is L'Ecole Nouvelle Royal Caribbean on Labadee,Haiti which was opened in October 2010. The school was built by Royal Caribbean.

We first visited there in December 2010 when we dropped off 40 huge boxes of school supplies that the Critters had donated for the school.

After Oasis Inaugurals where we had raised money for Make A Wish & for the Oasis Crew Welfare Fund it was decided that in 2010 we would do something for the Labadee school instead ...it is the Critters way of giving something back as we are very lucky we can afford to cruise.

Liz, what a truly amazing job you and Donna did. A big Thank You to all those that contributed to make this project such a success.

I guess the saying "Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus" is evident in all of the pictures you have shared with us.

I truly hope that Santa is as good to you as you have been to those children.

Donna, you deserve a gold medal and much more for all that work on collecting, storing, packing and shipping all of that equipment down to Florida. Great job Donna.

I totally agree Gordon. :D

This was the second year running that Donna had the items for the school in her house and packed them and shipped them off, how she manages it all I just do not know but she is an amazing lady and a very dear friend and a fabulous First Officer who brings smiles to everyone she meets. :D

Bravo to you and all who helped make this a success. You put so much time and effort in this. It must have been a proud moment when you were able to deliver and open all of the packages for the children.

Giving is a wonderful thing, and I could see by the photos of you both afterwards you were given back something money can't buy. The knowledge you enriched so many lives with your effort must feel great.

Will you do this next year? Again, BRAVO!

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.

We have done this two years running so next year the Critters will do something different for the children of Labadee...what exactly hasn't as yet been determined.

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.

We have done this two years running so next year the Critters will do something different for the children of Labadee...what exactly hasn't as yet been determined.

Liz, please let us know what you decide to do next year so that more of us can contribute to this wonderful effort.:)

THAT is amazing!! And how cute the kids are!

Thanks for sharing....I bet they were VERY happy...and how cool of FedEx, the hotel and Royal to assist in your project!

Oh yes those kids sure are cuties, they are so quiet at first then whoosh, it is high fives and smiles and sometimes a little bit of "attitude"..they are fab kids.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a day......!

CK x

It was a very emotional and wonderful day, so many tears were shed but happy happy tears.

Liz, what an amazing day you and Donna spent with the children. I see the Guirado in one of your pics! Will pass the URL of this report on to interested parties. You have done an amazing job driving this project forward to such obvious success.

Thank you Linda, we picked up your package at the Office, again thank you for your support, even though you were not with us on the cruise.

Thanks for sharing the photos and more importantly, for undertaking a HUGE project like this.

The photos of the children at the school are heartwarming!

BILL

Hi Bill, to see the children smile makes it all worthwhile.

Liz, what a truly amazing job you and Donna did. A big Thank You to all those that contributed to make this project such a success.

I guess the saying "Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus" is evident in all of the pictures you have shared with us.

I truly hope that Santa is as good to you as you have been to those children.

Thank you Patti. We enjoy doing what we can to help the children of Labadee.

What made me cry more this year was actually seeing the chldren being able to have a lunch of rice and beans, what a difference this "cafeteria" has made to the children.

Liz and Donna you have done a great job and something that you should be proud of. Congrats to the Critters for their support. You have all made a difference to these children.

Thank you John, we are very proud of our Critters and all who support us.

Liz, please let us know what you decide to do next year so that more of us can contribute to this wonderful effort.:)

Hi Bill, I will be sure to let you know what is planned for next year,thank you.

Wow! I wasn't even aware you folks were organizing this...( but always wondered about all the little crabs!) I won't miss your next one! Cngratulations on your great work...you've supplied an entire music department for the school!

Thank you. The music teacher who had just been taken on at the school was so excited whe he saw everything he wanted to start giving the children music lessons that day.

[quote name='AkSusan']This is absolute fantastic cause you all have taken on. Congrats on your continued efforts to bring some additional joy into some children's lives.

Susan :)[/quote]

Thank you Susan.

[quote name='pattiea']What a wonderful project...I've read it with tears....next time an undertaking like this is being done maybe a catchy title?...would love to help.[/quote]

We normally post about our Projects on the roll call of the sailing we are going on and we also post about it in the International Critters Forum here in the Friends Forum on CC.
I will be sure to post here on RCCL Forum when it is decided what we will do next year.thank you.
[quote name='Tyron'][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]Liz & Donna....[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic]Congratulations on doing such a phenomenal job![/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/B]

:D :cool: :D[/quote]

Thanks Tye :D

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Liz and Donna,
Another outstanding project by you and the Critters. We participated the first two years, so sorry we missed this one. Will be waiting for the next Critter project.
Again, a job extremely well done!
Rick and Deirdra[/quote]

Thank you R&D. I kept thinking I was seeing you on the Allure, very sad you weren't with us this year. Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your support with our Projects. :D

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Liz and Donna,
Another outstanding project by you and the Critters. We participated the first two years, so sorry we missed this one. Will be waiting for the next Critter project.
Again, a job extremely well done!
Rick and Deirdra[/quote]

We too made the first two Critter sailing and projects. We are waiting for the date to be established (have a next cruise ready and waiting). Will it be the Allure again or maybe the Sunshine ship... sure wish one of those would be done in time for a December sailing by the Critters?

Take care... Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Irene & Miles

[quote name='ichur']We too made the first two Critter sailing and projects. We are waiting for the date to be established (have a next cruise ready and waiting). Will it be the Allure again or maybe the Sunshine ship... sure wish one of those would be done in time for a December sailing by the Critters?

Take care... Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Irene & Miles[/quote]

[B]Allure 2nd December 2012[/B] ..next Critters cruise :D

Hope to see you both there.

Archived