San Diego to Hawaii

wowpeople

Did the Hawaii cruise in February and it was cold all the way to Hawaii and back. In Hawaiian waters it was fine and we enjoyed the pools and the warm weather but on the Pacific it was hot tub weather and not condusive for trips to the aft pool but the lido pool was fine since then always had to roof closed.

We are just back from the November sailing. Found the weather not very hot, all the way to Hawaii and back. But laying in the sun on board was mainly done for us on our balcony, the top front deck of the ship while being sheltered from the wind and at the lido pool when the roof was retracted. The aft pool we found to be very windy, but that didn't stop others. We did enjoy the beaches and "Bathing Suit " weather on the islands.

But coming from Canada....anything over 32 deg F is bathing suit weather ;) LOL

I did get a good chuckle :D on the San Diego news when they were reporting about a "winter storm" in the mountains and received less then an inch of snow.

I live in So. California too, an Indiana transplant. My friend who lives in San Diego (also an Indiana transplant) sent me that cartoon! It is so true! My dad who still lives in Indana said it was 40 degrees the other day, PERFECT for washing the car!:D

More than a foot of snow has fallen in the local mountains and more is on the way:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/16/winds-usher-cold-weekend/?sciquest

This is a lot of snow for the San Diego region.

igraf

...I did get a good chuckle :D on the San Diego news when they were reporting about a "winter storm" in the mountains and received less then an inch of snow.

As I type this I'm in a sweatsuit and socks....it is so cold. We seldom turn the heat on here because it is expensive. Our house is big and I don't feel like heating everything for two people. I use a space heater in the living room. My sister who comes from Winnipeg every year says our house is always so cold. This year has been colder than usual. It has been down to 26 degrees at our house .

Right now it is freezing cold in San Diego. So unless it warms up by the time you sail, it will definitly be cold when you sail the first few days.

Tee, hee. I just wrote some friends back East that it looked so cold outside today in Santa Barbara. Then I looked up the temperature on yahoo weather and they said it was 67 degrees. :p

Tee, hee. I just wrote some friends back East that it looked so cold outside today in Santa Barbara. Then I looked up the temperature on yahoo weather and they said it was 67 degrees. :p

Normally we have to shovel snow. Since returning from another cruise Dec. 8 or really early a.m. 9th, it has been lovely. Yes, we have some yellow snapdragons in bloom and a pink rosebud. Ourtside! Wonderful. While I wear a jacket when I leave home, going into the yard and such, no need. 2 years ago it was great too but so far, it is better. Last winter was not good. I just hope it keeps up until our cruise from San Diego to Hawaii Feb. 4th. I don't want to go through waiting for the plane to be de-iced 3 times like last time we flew to Hawaii in 1994.

Toronto is in southern Ontario. 75 miles from Niagara Falls or about 30 miles by air across Lake Ontario.

Archived