Freedom of the seas dramatic rescue

gr8.guy

Wow!! :eek: That was excellant video. Yours?

Just how I remembered it also, but I was up a couple of decks and did not get the close

ups on our binoculars during loading due to the angle of the ship.

Thanks for the link! :)

the boat has been checked and cleared

this tells patrol aircraft not to report the boat for further investigation

when the area is clear we'd usually sink these as a hazard to navigation, but that is typically done with gunfire and with a cruise ship around we'd defer 'til later as the cruise folks often don't understand that recovering these migrant vessels is not cost effective.

the boat has been checked and cleared

this tells patrol aircraft not to report the boat for further investigation

when the area is clear we'd usually sink these as a hazard to navigation, but that is typically done with gunfire and with a cruise ship around we'd defer 'til later as the cruise folks often don't understand that recovering these migrant vessels is not cost effective.

Thanks.

BTW I would love to sit on my balcony with a few cold ones and watch the CG sink the craft (don't flame me people, I'm talking about after the rescue of course). That would definitely be a cruise highlight. :)

Thanks.

BTW I would love to sit on my balcony with a few cold ones and watch the CG sink the craft (don't flame me people, I'm talking about after the rescue of course). That would definitely be a cruise highlight. :)

I think it would be cool too. But I can just see some people posting about how the horrible Americans blew some poor refugee's little boat into splinters.:D

Thanks.

That was one of my first thoughts too when they left it to float off empty. I would not

want to be on a boat at night and hit the thing, not having warning lights or anything.

Cruuunnncchhh...ouch! :eek: :(

Wow! :eek: Thanks for the pictures, they are fabulous. We were on the Carnival Glory that day also heading back to Miami. It was our sea day going from Grand Cayman back to Miami, so I can't imagine we were that far away.

I'm slightly freaked out about the waterspout! I know the captain will change course to avoid storms and such, but if it was unavoidable, what would it do to the cruise ship? I assume the ship's size would prevent any huge problems, but what about everything that's exposed on the top decks and balconies?

I also feel bad for the Cubans.. how desperate must people be to risk their lives in a "boat" like that trying to get out of their own country and make it to America :(

Archived