Bringing water/pop onboard Navigator...yes or no?

Leigh1971

We are going on Navigator January 22nd and need to know the status of being able to bring on your own water/pop. We have cruised RCL 10 times and have never had a problem. But recent reports have me puzzled. As we are bringing 4 other couples with us (of which they all would like to bring their own water) I want to know what to expect. So for anyone who has sailed Navigator recently out of Ft Lauderdale, what have been your experiences?

Just returned from the 8-day 12/10 sailing. I took a 24-pack (reinforced the flimsy shrink wrap with some packing tape to make it more sturdy) and asked the porters if there would be an issue taking it on board. They said no, slapped a luggage tag on it and it made it to the stateroom in tact.

Andy

Sailed on 11/26 cruise on Navigator from Pier 29 for 8-Day Eastern Caribbean. Carried two packages of bottled water onboard without issue. Security did confirm the packaging was still intact, i.e., bottle seals still present, shrinkwrap still around packages. Make sure you leave things sealed - otherwise you could experience an issue.

We are going on Navigator January 22nd and need to know the status of being able to bring on your own water/pop. We have cruised RCL 10 times and have never had a problem. But recent reports have me puzzled. As we are bringing 4 other couples with us (of which they all would like to bring their own water) I want to know what to expect. So for anyone who has sailed Navigator recently out of Ft Lauderdale, what have been your experiences?

If you haven't already done so, why don't you join the meet and mingle for this cruise. We have almost 80 signed up.

The way I look at it is, RCCL states you are NOT allowed to bring alcohol or non alcoholic beverages on board.

Consider yourself lucky to get it on. Consider them following policy when you don't and no big shock to your system will occur. ;)

I truly believe that the days of hauling cases of soda and water on board will be done away with in the very near future.

Just talked with RCCL cause we were planning to take soda. I was told absolutely no liquids can be brought onboard. They allow one bottle of water per passenger to be brought on and you can refill it on the ship.:( Not too happy about that..

Archived