any info about Almaplena Beach Resort?

chilimixx

Just coming back to follow up. I received my "pending" refund from excursioneer today on my credit card. So it looks like everything worked out for the best. :)

Now I will have to rebook the Almaplena for our new cruise and date that we will be there for. :D

Just coming back to follow up. I received my "pending" refund from excursioneer today on my credit card. So it looks like everything worked out for the best. :)

Now I will have to rebook the Almaplena for our new cruise and date that we will be there for. :D

I'm so glad to near this!

Thanks for the update! I think we'll just stick with our deposit with Shore Excursioneer....for now.

Thanks for the update! I think we'll just stick with our deposit with Shore Excursioneer....for now.

You're welcome. I'm sure things will work out for you since you booked before they decided to stop working with them. I just changed my cruise, therefore I don't have a way to book with them again or I probably would.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This has some great info on it, thanks! Does anyone know what kind of food is served? My partner is not a fan of Mexican cuisine so wondering if they can accommodate her :p

Their site says:

FOOD

Included with your reservation Almaplena Beach Club offers an all you can eat Buffet with delicious choices of tacos of arrachera (beef) and chicken seasoned with local spices, vegetables,home made guacamole, nachos with mexican sauces and to perfectly finish your meal we offer

you a dessert.

space.gif

All food served is selected, cleaned with purified water and cooked with care by our chef to offer you excellent quality. space.gif Vegetarian menu is also available on request. Besides the all-inclusive option, our restaurant will be glad to prepare you dishes from our standard menu, a la carte.

I'm not sure what the a la carte is though...I couldn't find anything with an actual menu.

Just a question, has your friend ever had authentic Mexican food? Not something you find back home. It is waaaaayyyyy different and very yummy. I HATE guacamole and tried it in Mexico and fell in love. The food is not the same that's for sure. :)

• 1 month later...

For anyone who has visited here already can you please tell me what the drop off on the beach is like? It looks to be quite substantial and I worry that it may be too much for a 6 year old. There are only a few photos that I can get a glimpse of this on so thanks for your help!

Is this the picture you are referring to?

almaplena_zps4b78130e.jpg

Yes that is what I am referring too. It looks pretty steep. I am wondering if this was caused by the storm and if perhaps it has gone away :D for lack of a technical term.

Yes that is what I am referring too. It looks pretty steep. I am wondering if this was caused by the storm and if perhaps it has gone away :D for lack of a technical term.

To me, it looks like that is the area over to the left (when facing the beach from the resort) of the resort. Like in the pictures that you will see on the resorts website where all of the greenery is and maybe not actually in front of the beach where you sit and enter/exit the water?

I have emailed the person that provided that picture. I'll let you know if I get a response and what they say. :)

To me, it looks like that is the area over to the left (when facing the beach from the resort) of the resort. Like in the pictures that you will see on the resorts website where all of the greenery is and maybe not actually in front of the beach where you sit and enter/exit the water?

I have emailed the person that provided that picture. I'll let you know if I get a response and what they say. :)

That will really help!

The photos on their site seem to mostly show the view looking out to sea.

These are just my thoughts by looking at the pictures, but I could be wrong of course (pictures can be deceiving sometimes):

Looking at this picture, you can see the beach and the water rushing up on the beach along with where the waves have reseeded and the beach is still wet. This tells me that it must be smooth in this area.

beachclub-4_zps57ea7cad.jpg

This is the area over to the left of the resort (they call the "jungle") and I'm thinking "maybe" this is where that photo was taken and angled up toward the resort???

beachclub-5_zpsf1373cee.jpg

But then I started thinking that the picture we were looking at had one of those thatched roof huts in it (which indicates to me that it's an area that people sit at) and then I found this picture that also had some of the thatched umbrellas in it:

beachclub-10_zps9ee5a7bb.jpg

So maybe they just have the umbrellas in several different area depending on where you want to sit?

Don't worry. Under each straw umbrella you get 2 beach chairs. They also have few shaded lounge areas on the beach with pillows or beach chairs. The total shade available is about for 25 people and as I already told you they have a limit of 20 guests.

Chilimixx, can you answer any of these questions for us since you have been there?

I received a message back from the person that posted that picture:

"I can't honestly remember, but I think the drop might just have been on the side of the resort we were sitting. The sand was very soft, so it was no trouble getting down to the sea and it's only a couple of feet down, almost like a sand dune.

The day we were there it was so quiet - maybe 6 other people on the beach and in the hotel. I wished we had made more of an effort to get there early from our ship. Hope you decide to visit."

So I think that I'm right about where it is located. It seems to be on the side of the resort where the jungle part is.

I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'm definitely going to check it out for myself in 71 days! :D

I'm not going to worry either. I just booked for October 24! I will be sure to take plenty of photos...

Yes and write down where you take them in case your enjoyment of the unlimited free bevrrages inhibits your memory;)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Chilimixx, can you answer any of these questions for us since you have been there?

I remember there was a little drop, very easy step on the side of lounge chairs. Don't worry, no problem at all. The place is very tranquil and relaxing, very good snorkeling and great food.

I'm planning to come back soon.

I remember there was a little drop, very easy step on the side of lounge chairs. Don't worry, no problem at all. The place is very tranquil and relaxing, very good snorkeling and great food.

I'm planning to come back soon.

Thanks for your input. I'm not too worried about it, but know that Joeybun was.

Archived