Rude Guests on the Eclipse

Chicago Boy

actually we were on this Sailing and have sailed many many times. I love everyone from all over the world but this seniors group from the NYC area was out of control, I would say the same thing if they were from my home town it does not matter, It was awful

They made it known the Community they came from telling and yelling about the group details to everyone. It is what it is, We still had a great cruise, I was on conference this time so I was extremely busy

Toronto25 Isright this was a rough crowd, I live in the NE and they "were what they were" In a moment of levity I was sitting with my husband after the first formal night A woman was compaining that " Ugh !. they had frog legs on the menu...they're derty creatures...they live in a swamp. This became our catch phrase whenever our personal space was violated and we being assalted by Jazzies. BTY my parents are still living(72,78 and they were appalled by what I was describing to them.

Looking into HAL and other lines with smaller ships even if the price is higher and I will have to reduce the frequency of cruising. Sorry Celebrity but I will stay away from your new ships.

We were on HAL's Volendam one year for a Christmas cruise. A smaller ship and it was full of the most miserable people we have ever come across any place any time. The rudeness by these supposed mature people was just incredible. Great ship, wonderful crew, perfect itinerary, but the fellow passangers turned us off HAL. An example: One evening, they had blocked off the first row of balcony seats for the kids from the HAL Kids Club. Kids were in their seats, show is about to start, mature couple well past 65 went to the kids and made four of them double up so this couple could have their seats. Myself and others spoke to an amployee from the Kids Club who was there and she refused to do anything. I was ready to tell the old fellow to come and tell me to give up my seat and we could have a discussion but DW cooled me off. Only one example of many I recall, but the point is if you are expecting a better passenger experience because of maturity ...........well, good luck with that, we won't be back to HAL.

I had a pretty good snoot full that night, so I cannot repeat what I said to her.

I see you are on Eclipse on the 28th. Please go to the Sunset bar after 2PM and tell Donovan the bartender that Jim and Karen say hello. He is the best on the ship.

This really made me laugh this morning. I would have loved to have heard what you said. And I must agree, Donovan was outstanding!

We just came off of the Eclipse Jan 7/14 th. This was our 6th X cruise in the past 2 yrs and I will say that I have never been surrounded by so many rude, and cheap people on a cruise. The staff was treated like they were to be personal servants to some. Heard a lot of those accents.

Seems almost everyone had a liquor package, and boy did they tap their glasses on the bar when they wanted another. Do you think they left the bartender any extra for the great service. Not a chance.

We were sitting at the passport bar outside the MDR on deck 3 one night and this woman actually asked why we were giving the bartender an extra few dollars as we were leaving. She thought we were making the other pax look bad by doing it, and since the bartender already had the 15% added in the package she thought they had received enough. I had a pretty good snoot full that night, so I cannot repeat what I said to her.

I see you are on Eclipse on the 28th. Please go to the Sunset bar after 2PM and tell Donovan the bartender that Jim and Karen say hello. He is the best on the ship.

We were also on the January 7th Eclipse cruise, but luckily dudn't run into any rude people. Most nights we were having a great time with Milos at the Molecular Bar ( great bartender, wish he wasn't leaving Celebrity) or Neuman & Eddie at the Martini Bar. Agree that we didn't see much extra tipping on the beverage cards. We always have great service and tip extra, but to each his own.

Didn't run into many scooters, as we took the stairs as much as possible.

We haven't been on a 7 day cruise in awhile and thought the crowd was a bit younger than usual (kind of nice).

We had a great time and didn't want to leave. I should have booked a b2b....

Mari:)

Archived