Rude Guests on the Eclipse

Chicago Boy

We just returned from the Dec. 3rd thru the 10th Southern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. The ship is beautiful, the crew delightful, courteous and pleasant. In that sense we could not have asked for anything more. We have done a number of cruises but this is the first time we have ever encountered a lot of rude guests especially in the MDR. The guests at the table next to ours were mean and rude to their waiter through out the cruise. He didn't deserve the abuse he took from these people. I have to say he handled it with grace and dignity. Congratulations to Celebrity for the way they have trained their people. :)

We just returned from the Dec. 3rd thru the 10th Southern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. The ship is beautiful, the crew delightful, courteous and pleasant. In that sense we could not have asked for anything more. We have done a number of cruises but this is the first time we have ever encountered a lot of rude guests especially in the MDR. The guests at the table next to ours were mean and rude to their waiter through out the cruise. He didn't deserve the abuse he took from these people. I have to say he handled it with grace and dignity. Congratulations to Celebrity for the way they have trained their people. :)

We were on the same cruise and have to agree with your observation ChicagoBoy....we really tried to have a positive attitude, however after awhile it starts to get to you when there are so many miserable and downright irritating people in your midst. We actually had several running jokes about it just to keep ourselves laughing. The people in Blu were most accommodating, however there were just certain parties that thought when they walked through the door that everyone should stop for them. I commend all the staff on the Eclipse. I work with the public daily and I have to say that it would have gotten to me and I'm very patient. The one guy on the red scooter really annoyed all of us....totally unbelievable behavior! I'm going to try and book for April of 2013.....hopefully there won't be as many of them....doesn't matter, I'm really sold on Celebrity!:D

Loved the majority of the people on our roll call....the best ever! We had the very BEST time! I hope we are able to stay in touch and get together somewhere again.....it was GREAT!

How about a surcharge for rudeness and/or abusive behavior???;)

It seems that in the last month or two we've seen more posts concerning "rudeness". I had a discussion with an Asst. Maitre 'd on a recent CS cruise who commented that he's noticed more complaining and rudeness. Don't know if this is just coincidence or a trend, but absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior.

Write a letter and/or call Celebrity while names and incidents are still fresh in your mind! It would be good for X to know how well their staff performed so that these people can get the extra credit they so richly deserve.

Write a letter and/or call Celebrity while names and incidents are still fresh in your mind! It would be good for X to know how well their staff performed so that these people can get the extra credit they so richly deserve.

Great idea....the waiters probably need a boost after putting up with this stuff!

I hate it when 'entitled' people are rude to people that work hard for a living....it makes my blood boil!!!:mad:

We were on the TA cruise Nov 20-Dec 3 on the Connie, and had the MOST cranky people I have ever seen on a cruise ship! They were rude and very disrespectful to the staff! And over petty stuff! Seemed to me that they were all looking for some kind of free ride! Was it a perfect cruise....of course not! Has anyone ever been on a perfect cruise?? But there is no reason to be so mean to people who are really trying to make your vacation a wonderful experience! They need to remember, they are human beings, just like them, who have feelings and don't deserve to be treated like crap! I think the staff handled the cranky people very well! I think I would have snapped as some of these people! My husband and our friends were in the hot tub, outside by the pool chatting away. Some lady that was out by the pool, walked over to them and told them they were talking to loud and to be quite! Really...it was the middle of the day, in a hot tub, by the pool, with music playing and other people talking! Could not believe that! If she wants quite, then move away from the pool area in the middle of the day and head on down to your cabin....

How about a surcharge for rudeness and/or abusive behavior???;)

Good idea. When a child is rude I wonder if parents still do that

"time out thing"?:confused:......maybe these rude passengers should be put in

timeout? Go back to your cabin~no tv and if you have a balcony?

You are not allowed to sit outside:mad:.....makes me nuts when I see

passengers being mean to staff and crew:mad:

There are so many posts about pax being mean and/or rude to the crew. Is it that prevalent? I can't recall ever noticing. Is my head in the sand?

Hi, :)I don't know if is that prevelant and I have not seen it a lot but

I have definitely seen it. It seems to me when a person has a question

or request or even a complaint there are ways to ask for the help

in a kind manner. GIVE ME...GIVE ME...GIVE ME.....I have seen that.:rolleyes:

Rather than, "Can you please help me"?:)

Please and Thank You go a long way:)

I dont think its restricted to any one ship or line. I saw the worst rudness and just people deviod of manners recently on a transatlantic cruise.

As an observation, there seems to be a relationship between last min price cuts and the caliber of the persons so enticed. Sort of " black friday" mentality of people looking for a steal of a deal for pennys on the dollar yet demanding the max and pushing the limits.

It didnt seem to matter what cabin level you were in, Penthouse or inside Those that picked up last min. discounts seemed to board with a sense of entitlement that they were really going to take advantage of the situation. THey would bragg on the deal one second and scream at the staff the next.:(

It was an interesting situation. Too there were a of incidents of peoples stuff gone missing, and incidents of people vandalizing the ship and breaking into places. In my years of cruusing never seen it so bad. There were 2 segments to the cruise. People on the first half were non discount passengers and everything was well mannered. Then the second half brought on a most interesting change in passnegers. Just over the top rude and selfish stuff. I don't distain getting a good price but it seems there is a point where really low prices attracts, like honey, a very low class of person. Not in wealth but manners and socialability, all" me and I":rolleyes:

Just an observation on the past several cruises

Interesting point made Hawaiidan. A few years ago we did a B2B embarking from Sydney, Australia, and the first leg (14 Days) the passengers were wonderful. But the 2nd leg, Aukland - Hawaii (14 Days), it was completely the opposite. Rude, pushy, arrogant, etc. We remarked often at the exteme change that had occured. It was an interesting experience. Fortunately we were with friends and had a fabulous time.

Rudeness is a part of every line, even the luxury lines. I was on a Crystal cruise where there was a large group of bridge players from NYC. They were horrible, treating the staff like indentured servants and the rest of the passengers like crud. They were downright awful, so much so that Crystal was forced to restrict this particular bridge booking group to a much lower number in their groups. I really like that Crystal took that step.

With all of you as my witnesses, I promise the goddess of cruises that if I ever sail on a really good deal, even if it is a juicy upgrade, I will never, ever develop entitleitis............

I will not stop giving extra tips just because the service was above and beyond, I will continue to say "please" and "thank you" and I will NEVER be a chair hog or a line breaker.

I will try to always treat my fellow pax and the crew with the respect and kindness that I hope they will treat me.

However, I do have limits........................;)

We were also on this cruise. I commented to my husband several time about the amount of people and their sense of entitlement for whatever reason it was. We were in one of the specialty restaurants one night and had a couple next to us that complained nonstop. The waiter did a great job dealing with it, but it really bothered me. Your on vacation people. One morning I got in the elevator and said good morning, and the other passenger looked at me like I had a third eye.

We still had a fabulous time, and it won't stop me from cruising again. I made some really great new friends! Too the others, lighten up, life is too short to get your undies that much in a bundle.

I say kill them with kindness. We just got back from a 12 day from the mediterrean and we had wonderful people. I did not see any rude people the entire cruise. We even had the nor virus on our ship and had to have stuff handed to us in the buffet. Still not alot of rudeness. Once in a while we had the barging in the buffet line but that is pretty normal. The rudest we ever had was on Costa. They were the worse ever.

We were also on this cruise. I commented to my husband several time about the amount of people and their sense of entitlement for whatever reason it was. We were in one of the specialty restaurants one night and had a couple next to us that complained nonstop. The waiter did a great job dealing with it, but it really bothered me. Your on vacation people. One morning I got in the elevator and said good morning, and the other passenger looked at me like I had a third eye.

We still had a fabulous time, and it won't stop me from cruising again. I made some really great new friends! Too the others, lighten up, life is too short to get your undies that much in a bundle.

Hello auggiemom,

We were on your cruise, too. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make the get togethers based upon timing, etc. My husband and I were also discussing the rude people we encountered on this cruise. Especially the family that went to the library, came to the pool deck with about ten books, placed them on deck chairs early in the morning, and then didn't show up until around noon. We were also disappointed with parents taking diaper-aged children in the pools and hottubs. Unfortunately, several of the cruisers on our trip were definitely in the "me first" state of mind and actions. :(

With all of you as my witnesses, I promise the goddess of cruises that if I ever sail on a really good deal, even if it is a juicy upgrade, I will never, ever develop entitleitis............

I will not stop giving extra tips just because the service was above and beyond, I will continue to say "please" and "thank you" and I will NEVER be a chair hog or a line breaker.

I will try to always treat my fellow pax and the crew with the respect and kindness that I hope they will treat me.

However, I do have limits........................;)

Okay, Leibe, come next December we'll all keep our eyes peeled for good behavior! :D

Archived