I Won a Cruise (Bingo on Enchantment!)

weisla

Did you win that on the 12/17-12/24 cruise out of Baltimore? I was there! I miss the crew, people, and cruise ship sooooo much!

If you were on that cruise, my daughter was talking to a young gentleman who was wearing a "The U invented swagger" sweatshirt. She said she was going to friend him on Facebook, but forgot to ask for his name. Do you happen to know it??? It's really important to her.

Did you win that on the 12/17-12/24 cruise out of Baltimore? I was there! I miss the crew, people, and cruise ship sooooo much!

If you were on that cruise, my daughter was talking to a young gentleman who was wearing a "The U invented swagger" sweatshirt. She said she was going to friend him on Facebook, but forgot to ask for his name. Do you happen to know it??? It's really important to her.

I was on the 12/17 sailing from Baltimore on Enchantment. I don't know the name of the person your daughter is looking for, I hope she can track him down. I miss it too, I'm enjoying the holidays but I can't stop thinking about CRUISING!!!

Did you by chance win at bingo using the bingo machines? Just curious if the bingo machines are worth the price at $55 a pop.

Sort of. I did purchase the machine games for this bingo, 18 cards per game (4 games total) for $55, compared to $32 for the paper cards - 6 cards per game for 4 games. The machine also included 3 paper bonus cards for the 4th game. I also received 3 paper bonus cards that I earned by showing my receipt from a previous bingo session earlier in the day. I won the cruise on one of the 6 total paper bonus cards, but I'm not sure if it was the cards that came with the machine, or the bonus cards from playing in the earlier game.

FWIW, I prefer playing on the paper cards. I think the machine play is kind of boring, but if you want to play a lot of games at once the machine is great because it keeps track of everything for you. I found it hard to keep track of more than 12 games at a time on paper cards. I'm not a big bingo player though, I think this might have only been the 2nd time in my adult life that I'd played bingo. I WILL play bingo again :)

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your win I also won a cruise last week on Adventure playing bingo. I won using the machine that cost $45 and you got 30 cards per game and 6 paper ones per game. I'm hoping to book Allure since she is now not in her inaugural year we cruised Oasis in 2010 and loved it. I need to get busy planning.:)

Thanks everyone for all the info on this thread.

Congrats on your win, that's awesome! You'll have to let us know which cruise you take!

Agreed, Was there enough takers that a cruise was a guaranteed give away? I'll play if I know someone wins a cruise. I think it was my Navigator cruise that not enough people were playing so they would only give a cruise away if someone filled the card out in X number of numbers called. (60?) After that it reverted to something like $250 (from questionable memory) I did see a young kid near me win a 7 day when I was on Freedom. Even with fees and upgrades that has to be great for the winner, but I've shy'd away from bingo the last few cruises.

Since it is my plan to win a cruise at bingo when I leave in 11 days (yeeeehaaaa)... I have a question....

You say it's "only" the cruise fare that is free and that port charges and taxes and gratuities will still have to be paid by me. No problem. But just how much is cruise fare and port charges? Taxes and gratuities I know but all I've ever seen is the one lump sum total for cruise fare and port charges, unless I just haven't paid attention.

We were out to sea so I'm assuming it would be tax free anyway hoping.

I also wasn't sure I wanted to spend $45 on bingo but I said what the heck. I've only played bingo on a cruise. Using the machine may be a little boring but I have a hard time keeping up with 6 cards anything more and I'm lost.:o I was doing the 6 cards and DH was supposed to be watching the machine when I looked over it said WINNER I was in shock.

My certificate states all Taxes/fees, gratuities are additional and are the responsibility of the cruise recipient. My certificate doesn't say anything about port charges I believe they are now part of the cruise fare. I just checked my invoice from our cruise we had a JS and taxes and fees were listed at $93.08 total.

I just sent a email to RCCL to get all the details I'm hoping I can go on Allure.

Since it is my plan to win a cruise at bingo when I leave in 11 days (yeeeehaaaa)... I have a question....

You say it's "only" the cruise fare that is free and that port charges and taxes and gratuities will still have to be paid by me. No problem. But just how much is cruise fare and port charges? Taxes and gratuities I know but all I've ever seen is the one lump sum total for cruise fare and port charges, unless I just haven't paid attention.

For my 7 night cruise next week from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan, Sint Maarten and St. Thomas the port charges are $161 per person. Taxes/Fees are $102. Suggested gratuities are 7*$11.65 = $81.55. This comes to just under $350 per person for a week. If you win and don't want to pay the $350pp, I'll be happy to take it.:p

Thom

Did they give you the certificate onboard? It should specify whether Allure is excluded. We were not allowed to book Allure, but we did book Oasis. Can't wait, we're sailing March 10th! All together, we paid about $385 total (not each) for fees, taxes and gratuities (had to pre-pay b/c we booked MTD). We booked a category F room and the comp was worth about $2600!! :eek: Yippee for Bingo!

Did they give you the certificate onboard? It should specify whether Allure is excluded. We were not allowed to book Allure, but we did book Oasis. Can't wait, we're sailing March 10th! All together, we paid about $385 total (not each) for fees, taxes and gratuities (had to pre-pay b/c we booked MTD). We booked a category F room and the comp was worth about $2600!! :eek: Yippee for Bingo!
Wow - sounds like you don't have to pay Port Charges:confused:. I am looking at my Sep 2010 Oasis invoice and we paid $519.66 for two people for Port Charges, and Taxes/Fees. That was BEFORE Gratuities, which brought it up to about $680 for two. Can't figure why your number is so low, but congratulations!

Thom

Archived