Couple NYC to Bahamas Questions

scfa99

For anyone that has done this route on the GEM or Jewel I have a couple questions:

- Cape Canaveral is on the schedule for 12-10pm. With a 10pm departure time what time do you have to be back on the ship?

- Any idea what time (approximately) the ships return and go under the Verrazano on the last morning?

Thanks

For anyone that has done this route on the GEM or Jewel I have a couple questions:

- Cape Canaveral is on the schedule for 12-10pm. With a 10pm departure time what time do you have to be back on the ship?

- Any idea what time (approximately) the ships return and go under the Verrazano on the last morning?

Thanks

Any port is 30 minutes before sailing time.

We came back on 12/17 and went under the bridge at 5:45am. We were docked at 7:10am.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Any port is 30 minutes before sailing time.

We came back on 12/17 and went under the bridge at 5:45am. We were docked at 7:10am.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Some of us were up in the Spinnaker lounge at 5:00 AM waiting to go under the bridge. :o

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

:):):)

You will be going under the Verrazano on the way out - not really necessary to get up so early when coming back home, LOL.

Thanks

You have to be back on board in Port Canaveral 30 minutes before.

As to coming back into NYC...you will be traveling under the Verrazano between 6AM and 6:30AM.

I've left from NYC all but 3 times... & although an itinerary may say "arriving back in NYC" at 8AM...it's actually significantly earlier than that. You're already tied up by 7:15 or so generally.

I can understand the lure of watching upon return. For our cruise on the Jewel out of Miami, I unintentionally woke up quite early on the final morning. So, I made a cup of coffee, grabbed a blanket, and sat on a lounger on the balcony for at least an hour as we pulled into port. We had a forward-facing balcony, so the view was great. With the ship moving slowly, the calm seas and decent weather (little wind and only a slight chill), and lack of noise/people, it was a relaxing way to end the cruise. For our recent cruise on the Gem out of NYC, I planned to wake up early on the final morning, but I was not early enough, as we were just about at the dock when I got up.

It fun to do it both way waiting to go under the bridge(about hour away from 48 street port). this is the only chance you are actually under the bridge. it complete different feeling then when you are standing on land next to Belt Parkway(Brooklyn highway). Imagine how many time can you get this anywhere in the world? I got up so early that last day of cruise because i thought we overslept.I was wrong and it was only 545 am. When i went nuts and check outside, we was waiting for pilot man to get on. I managed to stay up there and waited as well to see Lady Liberty again too. This is when the crowd start coming out for last breakfast.

On the day we returned on a Princess cruise, our ship lost half it's power and we were stuck under the Verrazano Bridge for 2 hours coming home waiting for them to try and get the ship running. Saw the sunset come up and much more. I've seen as of the underside of that bridge than I would ever wish to repeat, LOL.

Archived