Maasdam 12/12/11

cruizn2escape

Just a short note about our cruise on the Maasdam - more later.

Overall, this was our least favorite curise. The first 2 days and the ship had a lot of motion. A lot of people weren't feeling so well.

While our cabin attendants were excellent the dining room staff were poor - very slow and inattentive. The front desk was less than helpful.

Realizing they serve over 1200 people, I don't expect great food, but I would say the food in the dining room was just average while the food in the Lido deck was much better.

I know this is just experience, and hopefully others had a more positive experience.

I was on your cruise, but I thought that the MDR staff were great. We had excellent and fast service from Didi and Arizoni. The food was excellent in the MDR . The lido was fine too although waiting on line is not my thing.

I agree the front desk staff were not very effective at anything. As for ships motion, it was average. People I saw were sick from a flu type bug not motion.

I am glad your cabin attendant was good. Mine was slow , late and forgetful. We had to constantly leave him notes for tissues, wine glasses ,etc. But it was a nice trip.:cool:

Just a short note about our cruise on the Maasdam - more later.

Overall, this was our least favorite curise. The first 2 days and the ship had a lot of motion. A lot of people weren't feeling so well.

While our cabin attendants were excellent the dining room staff were poor - very slow and inattentive. The front desk was less than helpful.

Realizing they serve over 1200 people, I don't expect great food, but I would say the food in the dining room was just average while the food in the Lido deck was much better.

I know this is just experience, and hopefully others had a more positive experience.

I agree & I eat mostly in the Lido! Better food, served hotter, with larger portions & fast, friendly, efficient service! :) Forget the MDR, with slow & inattentive service, and smaller food portions! :mad:

I agree with all comments about the food, my husband, and cruise friends all found it much different from all our other cruises on HAL. staff in MDR worked hard but our 2 waiters had a table for 10, 3 tables for 4 and at least 4 other solo and couples tables...maybe more.

the first couple days were a real test for us and not pleasant., sevice slow, food VERY slow and not too good. began to stick to the standards of salmon, chicken etc and the tiny tiny steaks.

I found front office staff very helpful on 3 differnt occasions.

Interesting comments about the front desk staff. On my two cruises on Maasdam, I found the front desk staff to be very efficient and the best front desk of any of the ships I've sailed.

I will be on Maasdam again in two weeks and hope I find the same wonderful front desk people if I need them.

Carol: We are awaiting your review. We always wanted to sail on the Maasdam so were are excited to do this cruise in March. Get an idea also what others are saying on your cruise. We have never really had a cruise that we would complain about though. We have enjoyed them all. Hope you and Sheila have a great time. C.

Archived