Do Diamond Plus members need reservations for the shows?

lauraapp

Just back from back to back cruises on the Freedom and then the Jewel, we are now Diamond Plus...Yeah! Do Diamond Plus members need reservations for the shows on the Allure? Going in March, Thanks.

Yes. If you booked your cruise directly thru RCI on line you will get an email telling you it's time to lock in your show times. Making reservations usually opens up between 60-90 days prior to boarding.

Just back from back to back cruises on the Freedom and then the Jewel, we are now Diamond Plus...Yeah! Do Diamond Plus members need reservations for the shows on the Allure? Going in March, Thanks.

For the shows on ships such as Allure, Oasis, Liberty etc. which offer advance reservations all guests, including Diamond plus, Pinnacle, and suite guests should make advance reservations or be prepared to wait in the standby line until guests with reservations have arrived and been admitted. I think that about ten minutes prior to the start of the performance those who didn't make reservations in advance will be let in to find whatever seats remain.

On the Freedom 9/25 and 12/11 cruise the crew checking cards sent us directly to the D+ reserved section. No reservations needed,no waiting.We were told in advance by the concierge that reservations were not required for D+.

On the Freedom 9/25 and 12/11 cruise the crew checking cards sent us directly to the D+ reserved section. No reservations needed,no waiting.We were told in advance by the concierge that reservations were not required for D+.

Most likely because on for Allure the saved seats for Diamond Plus and above for the ice show sucked. They were on the side all the way toward the stage area. You couldn't find a worse place to view the ice show from then those.:eek:

Jimbo:)

We were just on Liberty and we are diamond plus also - we did make show reservations before - thank goodness!- once on board, we had a phone message that special sections were set aside in the shows for us. When we got to the shows, however, nothing was set aside for anyone!!!!! (there were a lot of diamond plus members on this ship - most had way more points than us!)

When we were on the allure and oasis, there were special sections, but we still had to have reservations beforehand . And then, they wanted to let the suites in before us until we complained!

We were just on Liberty and we are diamond plus also - we did make show reservations before - thank goodness!- once on board, we had a phone message that special sections were set aside in the shows for us. When we got to the shows, however, nothing was set aside for anyone!!!!! (there were a lot of diamond plus members on this ship - most had way more points than us!)

When we were on the allure and oasis, there were special sections, but we still had to have reservations beforehand . And then, they wanted to let the suites in before us until we complained!

We were also on Liberty earlier this month and the 'special seating' was on the mezzanine level. Never found the special seating around the ice rink.

Liberty seating for the Ice show was to the left of the entrance, in the corner section, there were signs on the posts nearby to stated the reserved seating area. Also blue ropes were across the seating area until 10 mins before the show, and staff checked D+ or suite status.

We were also on Liberty earlier this month and the 'special seating' was on the mezzanine level. Never found the special seating around the ice rink.

I've been on Oasis, Freedom, and Liberty as D+ and on each ship I was still required to have a reservation to enter the shows before standby. Some guests had stickers to let them in any show, but I was never offered such a sticker (and I did not ask about it).

The reason you may be getting conflicting answers is because Royal is not great with consistency. Suite guests and Pinnacle guests with gold cards do not need reservations on any of the ships for entertainment other than for the comedy show on Oais/Allure....and have reserved seating waiting. Gold card holders for sure do not need advance reservations...except for the comedy show.

Now, Diamond Plus guests...that is where the inconsistency comes into play. On some of the ships they will allow D+ entry without reservations and on others they wouldn't. To further confuse things more....like a poster above mentioned....some of the concierges will put a sticker on your D+ seapass card that will allow entry into the shows without reservation ...again except for the comedy show. I have seen the stickers put on cards on Oasis.

My advice would be...unless you are a Suite or Pinnacle guest make advance reservations for all entertainment.

There is a special section upstairs for D+ and suite guests on the Liberty. It is well manned so no one except those entitled sits there. 5 minutes before the show, they remove the ropes and allow anyone to sit there. We (Diamond) always go there and wait for the ropes to be dropped as it rarely fills up. I wouldn't say these are prime seats as they are upstairs but its good enough that we don't need to show up 45 minutes early to get a decent seat. And to answer your questions, I do not believe D+ need reservations to sit in this area (at least I heard the Conceirge tell a D+ that).

There is a special section upstairs for D+ and suite guests on the Liberty. It is well manned so no one except those entitled sits there. 5 minutes before the show, they remove the ropes and allow anyone to sit there. We (Diamond) always go there and wait for the ropes to be dropped as it rarely fills up. I wouldn't say these are prime seats as they are upstairs but its good enough that we don't need to show up 45 minutes early to get a decent seat. And to answer your questions, I do not believe D+ need reservations to sit in this area (at least I heard the Conceirge tell a D+ that).

This is actually one reason why I don't like those seats ... because they are opened late, they fill late (and usually poorly) which means that in the times I have sat there, I've had people constantly trying to find/take seats well into the show.

Archived