Vibrating Eurodam

cruisun

I would like to hear from those who have been on Eurodam recently. Prior posts have described rough seas and rocking (which IMHO is part of the fun of being on a ship). Other comments and posts have described "horrible constant vibration" which does not sound pleasant. What have others experienced. I am hoping this issue was exaggerated because I have not read multiple posts regarding the vibration issue.

Two weeks on Eurodam approaching and I am hoping to sail and not vibrate through the Caribbean :)

I would like to hear from those who have been on Eurodam recently. Prior posts have described rough seas and rocking (which IMHO is part of the fun of being on a ship). Other comments and posts have described "horrible constant vibration" which does not sound pleasant. What have others experienced. I am hoping this issue was exaggerated because I have not read multiple posts regarding the vibration issue.

Two weeks on Eurodam approaching and I am hoping to sail and not vibrate through the Caribbean :)

See the post "off the Eurodam Dec 3rd....." located further down on this blog.

I just read the other posts about the vibration aboard the Eurodam. We spent 10 days on her doing the Canada/New England cruise in September and had no issues at sea or in port regarding vibrations. Must be something new since then.

We spent 27 days on Eurodam, repositioning from England to New York via Faroes, Iceland, Greenland (across northern Atlantic) and then stayed on for the cruise canadianbear was on.

We had no problems at all with vibration.

Spent 10 day on the Eurodam in Sept of 09 for the Canadian tour. Had no problems. Apparently the person complaining about vibration has never been on a ship. Motors vibrate, thereby making the ship vibrate some.:cool: Gong on the Zaandam to Alaska in May '12. Can't wait. Our 3rd cruise on HAL.

While on the Crystal Symphony for the first three nights in a row I thought our cabin had a "Magic Fingers" bed installed, the shaking was so noticeable and even noisy. Then later it was not. Speed of ship and/or size of waves?:confused: So this is a ship allegedly known for its "luxury" and it shook too.

I was on The Eurodam on her Thanksgiving cruise 2011. There were some rough seas at times and I can only remember a "vibration" for a few hours one day. Someone on board said it occurs when the azipods leave the water during the swells, not sure if that is true or not...but vibration was NOT a big issue during this cruise. I will tell you we felt the service from this crew was the best of any cruise we have been on.

Go and enjoy yourself and stop letting others worry you.;)

We were on Eurodam in early November, there was no noticeable vibration except for one evening in a window side table in the Tamarind Restaurant. We moved our table into the middle of the room and the problem vanished. There was absolutely no vibration in the cabin.

Let us know what you experience when you return. Have a great cruise and hopefully all will be well. We are planning to sail on this ship in April across the Atlantic so really hope it will be OK without too much vibration as we won't be able to get off for 7 or 8 days straight.

I was on the 12/10 sailing and no vibration at all. We did have 2 days of rough seas but absolutely nothing to do with the ship or HAL. It was affecting all ships in the eastern caribbean during December.

Eurodam was fantastic, enjoy your cruise!

I was on the Eurodam 12/10. I could feel a vibration in bed at night (every single night). My DW and I laughed about it because the Explorer I was reading shook quite a bit. It actually helped rock me to sleep. It did not have a negative impact on the cruise at all.

• 3 months later...

I have read this thread and another in their entirety and thank you for posting it. I was considering a Canada/New England cruise but now think I shall consider another ship. I recently sailed on Celebrity Solstice and commented to my wife on how there was not any creaking or vibrations in the cabin or any place on the ship. When I read this thread about the Eurodam with televisions shaking, etc., I knew it would not be the ship for us. Thanks again for warning us.

Was on the Eurodam in Jan. The vibrations were pretty evident. They obviously don't want to do anything about it until the next drydock. The vibrations don't seem to affect the sailing schedule. I don't know about the safety aspect.

Does anyone know when the next drydock is scheduled?

Having just got off the Eurodam this morning I wanted to throw in my two cents. We noticed a bit of vibration while having dinner at Tamarind, but didn't really notice it anywhere else. We must all have a different tolerance for this kind of thing. I expect some vibration on any ship and had no problems this time at all. JMHO.

I was on the 3/24/12 sailing with 13 friends. We all read posts about the vibrations prior to sailing and were a bit concerned.

After the cruise we discussed our experiences and no one was bothered at all by the vibration issue. Yes it can be felt at times but in no way detracted from what was a great trip. The vibration is in no way related to the sea conditions but is simply a mechanical issue which I'm sure they will try to remedy at the next dry dock which is scheduled for next year.

When you are on a ship you have to expect movement of some kind. This can only be described as a slight shiver that sometimes is evident when sitting very still in one of the restaurants or in your cabin.

I wouldn't let it affect my choice of choosing a vessel to cruise on. If you want to feel absolute calm you shouldn't cruise but stay at a resort!

Hi billfromtulsa, we just booked for a New England cruise this coming Sept. Have only been on the Zaandam to Alaska a couple years ago, not experienced at all with the ships, so am very interested to know your take on this "vibration" topic once the ship gets underway.... thanks!

The complaints started in Dec. We sailed in Jan. and a few times there were vibrations in the Canaletto area of the Lido. It seems the reports center on an area very midship. The theater was fine; so was the aft pool area.

I went onboard anticipation vibration after reading about it on here. If I had not heard aabout it here, I doubt I would have noticed it.

I hope to be sailing Eurodam again next year and will not worry about the vibration.

Archived