Pacific Coastal aft cabin on Zuiderdam?

canadianbear

No...we booked a cabin for my husband and I. It's a VA-regular balcony cabin. Does it make a difference? I'm not quite understanding your question.

No I apologize it was sounding like you knew exactly which cabin/location you got for the Coastal and that is NOT possible :o They are only giving cabins numbers for the 4 day Coastal if you wanted a triple or quad. Selecting a VA Guarantee does not mean you will be on the Aft, there are many Forward VA cabins unless you needed a sspecific H/C cabin then they do make exceptions.

No I apologize it was sounding like you knew exactly which cabin/location you got for the Coastal and that is NOT possible :o They are only giving cabins numbers for the 4 day Coastal if you wanted a triple or quad. Selecting a VA Guarantee does not mean you will be on the Aft, there are many Forward VA cabins unless you needed a sspecific H/C cabin then they do make exceptions.

Ok...I was kind of confused! We have, in the past, traveled with 3 in a Superior, and 4 in a deluxe, but this time it's just hubby and me and trying a VA...one day hope to get a penthouse to try! :rolleyes:

Santana: We have been warned that the seas can be very rough on the Pacific Coastal. We had 25' when on the Canada/New England and I did really well. I am up for the adventure whether we get calm seas or high seas....just need the brief getaway. Bed rocking a different way-hmmm:cool:

I hope you get calm seas in your aft for your Hawaii trip-that sounds like a great one to do. It does sound like people either love or hate the afts.

LAFFNVEGAS - you were right in thinking that canadianbear knew where the cabin was going to be:) If you look at post #19 and #21, you will see that canadianbear does indeed have an "assigned aft VA". Lucky them!:D

Canuck

LAFFNVEGAS - you were right in thinking that canadianbear knew where the cabin was going to be:) If you look at post #19 and #21, you will see that canadianbear does indeed have an "assigned aft VA". Lucky them!:D

Canuck

Yes indeed - lucky thing! Something happened in the last few days where some cabins in various categories opened up, as I know of someone else who just got an assigned cabin for the coastal portion. It's all in the timing.:D

Startwin - yes, timing can be good or bad. I once had the coveted corner aft balcony on RCCL for a Hawaii cruise - had the agent on the phone - was told I had it - 10 minutes later - they told me "sorry, someone took it while we were talking"!!!!! It is like Ticketmaster! Cabins being snapped up everywhere! I almost had an aneurysm:eek: screaming at them! They obviously did not "secure" it right.... Canadianbear did good.:)

Canuck

Actually, we have been assigned a VA aft cabin. Our PCC from Holland America knew I wanted any VA aft even though when he booked it the cabin was the same price as a superior-I did not want another superior, I wanted to try a VA aft. The window of opportunity was very small-it was like: now you see it now you don't! Booked and paid for within minutes. I was very impressed that our PCC kept his eyes open and grabbed it for us when it became available.

Does anyone know when, approximately, they start assigning the cabins for the 4-day portion? I would have thought they could do it quite early as they know who is getting off in San Diego. I have a friend joining us onboard for the SD - Van portion, and she is anxiously waiting, she has a C guarantee, I believe.

Does anyone know when, approximately, they start assigning the cabins for the 4-day portion? I would have thought they could do it quite early as they know who is getting off in San Diego. I have a friend joining us onboard for the SD - Van portion, and she is anxiously waiting, she has a C guarantee, I believe.

Normal is 18 days prior to sailing sometime a few days earlier but in a case like this where there are two disembarkations one for San Diego the other for Vancouver and the fact they already closed both for new bookings unless you get on the wait list. I would say they could start at about 4 weeks prior. You could see cabins get assigned then see it open back up to sell what they could have remaining.

Normal is 18 days prior to sailing sometime a few days earlier but in a case like this where there are two disembarkations one for San Diego the other for Vancouver and the fact they already closed both for new bookings unless you get on the wait list. I would say they could start at about 4 weeks prior. You could see cabins get assigned then see it open back up to sell what they could have remaining.

Thank you, I'll let her know to be patient awhile longer.

The last Coastal we were on we thought the same thing - that as soon as the previous segment sailed we would be assigned. However, it was about 10 days out before we knew. I do not know why it is that way, it does not make sense to me, just seems to happen.

The last Coastal we were on we thought the same thing - that as soon as the previous segment sailed we would be assigned. However, it was about 10 days out before we knew. I do not know why it is that way, it does not make sense to me, just seems to happen.

Dave 99% of the time it all has do to with how fast the sailing is selling and what is being sold.

Because we are sailing the following 7 days in Alaska and I do have a cabin number but do not have it marked "Do Not Upgrade" I know it is very possible I could get moved and assigned fairly early since the Alaska sailings are selling quite well and they do attempt to try to keep me in the same cabin for the full 11 days.

Archived