Bringing pop and water onboard

ladyjane550

Yes.

This is accurate. However, depending on the terminal from which you're departing, other cruise lines (such as RCCL) may have different policies, so you may meet resistance you weren't expecting even if it is permitted. I was boarding a Celebrity ship in Port Everglades with a 12-pack of Diet Coke under my arm, and a "helpful" (?) port employee with an RCCL name tag said they wouldn't allow me to carry that aboard the ship. (They did.)

My point is, everyone has a different interpretation of what "da Roolz" say. Read 'em on the Celebrity website, and draw your own interpretation - that's the safest way to proceed.

Reading the Celebrity information, they do not allow any beverages including water to be taken on board.

Are you looking at the RCI (Royal Caribbean) information? RCI does not permit any beverages to be brought on board (though they very rarely confiscate non alcoholic beverages despite this policy). Celebrity however permits all non alcoholic beverages as well as two bottles of wine per stateroom at the time of embarking (i.e. at the start of one's cruise). No beer or hard alcohol is permitted by Celebrity.

Reading the Celebrity information, they do not allow any beverages including water to be taken on board.

I was on the Equinox earlier this month and had no difficulty bringing on a 12 pack of Diet Coke. I slapped two luggage tags on it and later that day it was waiting in my room.

In fact I carried one to dinner with me most nights and they had NO issue with that either and made sure to bring me a glass of ice and a straw promptly as I sat down each night and opened it for me.

Yes, you can bring water and soda on board a Celebrity ship, either on embarkation or at a port of call. Yes, at embarkation, you can put a luggage tag on it. If you're taking a lot (Celebrity is mum on how much, but we've always taken four 12-packs of soda with no problem), some people duck tape them together for easier handling. You can request the steward clear out the mini fridge (really more of a cooler) so you can keep your soda or water cool.

Not sure what you are reading, but Celebrity has no limit on passengers bringing aboard soft drinks and/or water (although the water on the ship is probably better then whats in your bottle). Celebrity also allows each passenger to bring aboard a bottle of wine at the embarkation port.

Hank

My advise... Don't kill yourself taking too much soda and water from

the departure port. You'll have enough to carry. You can easily replenish

your supply at the ports, especially the more commercial ports like St Thomas

and St Maarten. There is a small/medium grocery store in the shops at Havensight mall and the prices were reasonable ($5 to $6 for a 12 pack).

I was on the Equinox earlier this month and had no difficulty bringing on a 12 pack of Diet Coke. I slapped two luggage tags on it and later that day it was waiting in my room.

In fact I carried one to dinner with me most nights and they had NO issue with that either and made sure to bring me a glass of ice and a straw promptly as I sat down each night and opened it for me.

I think bringing your own onboard is fine, but this I would not do. I believe this is the sort of behaviour that will lead to Celebrity not allowing beverages to be brought onboard at all. Right now they allow for in cabin consumption- not to be taken around the ship.

I think bringing your own onboard is fine, but this I would not do. I believe this is the sort of behaviour that will lead to Celebrity not allowing beverages to be brought onboard at all. Right now they allow for in cabin consumption- not to be taken around the ship.

I kind of thought the same thing. I totally see why you'd want to do this, but I'm surprised they'd let you.

I asked the waiter and Maitre'd before I did it. They both said there was absolutely NO problem with doing that and that many people did. The ONLY thing they cared about was alcohol. I also didn't abuse it. It was one can at dinner only. An entire 12 pack lasted an 11 day cruise. It isn't the random person like me who kills bringing soda on board but those passengers who abuse a privilege.

The other issue is if you carry it in they have no way of knowing if you bought it at the bar before coming to dinner. My cans looked NO different from the one that was brought to the table for others. Celebrity isn't about to start interrogating passengers over soda or water. The profit loss wouldn't be near as high as on alcohol if that were allowed to be brought on board.

Is it OK to put the water, soda and two bottles of wine in your checked luggage? Are the same items also allowed in your carry on baggage?

No problem. We leave space in our checked luggage for the soda we're bringing aboard, then we have room for souvenirs at the end of the cruise. If you're flying in, you'll not want to bring water or soda from home-- with pressure changes in the cargo hold, cans or bottles could burst. Allow time to purchase your soda at your departure port, or just buy ashore at ports of call as needed. Wine should be okay-- we've come off a cruise with the bottle of wine our TA has supplied (we're not big wine drinkers) and got it home with no problem, but maybe we've been lucky.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to take beverages with you in your carryon on the plane, but you could bring it on board in a carryon okay. It might be preferable with the wine-- avoid any chance of being accused of trying to smuggle alcohol, even though two bottles of wine are allowed.

Is it OK to put the water, soda and two bottles of wine in your checked luggage? Are the same items also allowed in your carry on baggage?

Thank you,

soccer

With the TSA rules on liquids you will not get any of that in carry on bags. I would not check soda or water on a plane the weight would be too much. I sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and took a cab to the port. I asked the driver to stop at the local Publix grocery store and ran in and grabbed it. I think they know cruisers do that as it was right near the door and I was in and out in less than two minutes. It added less than a buck to my fare.

I don't think the fact that some passengers (including our family) currently bring soda and bottled water onboard will result in the cruiseline preventing either. Truth be told, as they are tightening up on all their 'for a price' options, certainly they may go this route. But in the meantime, why would we not bring some onboard? I don't see the logic of not bringing it onboard with an end goal of hoping the cruiseline will not prevent it from being brought onboard in the future. Huh???

Perhaps this was a reaction to someone thinking people should limit how much they bring onboard - I suspect that was the point being made. But in the end, Celebrity will either decide to once again make a buck any way they can and prevent any drinks being brought onboard, or they will stick with their current policy and some passengers will bring on a few cases, and most will bring nothing. I don't see a logical reason to not bring on soft drinks or water now while it is still permitted, if you so desire.

Especially if you drive to the port - bring your water and/or soda. We took a small case of water and a 12 pak of soda. Put luggage tag on and turn it over with your luggage. It comes right with the bags. I did also tape the water and soda just a bit to keep it from opening prematurely. The fridge isn't really cold so you have to keep a bottle or two in the ice bucket.

Archived