Gerald Cayhill Steps Down

going2cruz

A real Captain's Party again. I don't even give a darn about free drinks, but everyone milling around on the promenade like any other night just isn't the same. Enjoyed the music, dancing, and the formal introduction of the ship's officers. It always felt like a festive way to kick off a cruise.

As much as I would like to see again the Carnival that I became a fan of, I know that re-implementing the things we used to love will cost money, so undoubtedly it would mean higher fares.

As someone posted above: Be careful what you wish for...:o

A real Captain's Party again. I don't even give a darn about free drinks, but everyone milling around on the promenade like any other night just isn't the same. Enjoyed the music, dancing, and the formal introduction of the ship's officers. It always felt like a festive way to kick off a cruise.

Very true and the officers will stand around looking so bored.

I like to walk over to one standing by themselves and ask if they are as bored as I am. Have had some very interesting conversations.

He's keeping cruise prices flat - which keeps the ships sailing full - which means he is doing exactly what he was hired to do. If cruise fares were to go up to any significant degree I would just go to an AI every year. Cruising is already more than expensive than the AIs I go to and additional amenities on a cruise would increase prices. If a cruiser wants more amenities and is willing to pay more then there are plenty of cruise lines (like Carnival's sister lines) that already offer what you are looking for. Why would Carnival add these budget busters back in...which would raise prices when it's already offered by the other lines? They own the market they have positioned themselves in - to suggest that they should reposition themselves so they can go head to head with the competition is naive.

Yes...That's one thing I really miss. I got excited when I seen this thread.

It will happen one day!

What do we want Carnival to bring back that we once had when Bob Dickinson was at the helm?

You almost had me too. I thought I had missed something. Anyway, I wish they could reinstate Uncle Bob. He was great. I second the steel bands and sail away parties on the lido deck like they use to. Uncle Bob was great with the extras rewards especially if you are a regular customer of Carnival Lines.

Archived