Carnival Dream/Magic/Breeze Aft Wraps

jff50

We are booked in an aft wrap on the Breeze (6470) this June. We were in an aft wrap on the Freedom a few years ago, and loved the cabin/balcony. Does anyone know how the aft balconies on the Breeze (Magic/Dream) compare to those on the Freedom (or it's sister ships)?

We are booked in an aft wrap on the Breeze (6470) this June. We were in an aft wrap on the Freedom a few years ago, and loved the cabin/balcony. Does anyone know how the aft balconies on the Breeze (Magic/Dream) compare to those on the Freedom (or it's sister ships)?

Similar. The aft wraps on the Dream, Magic and soon to be Breeze are a little smaller due to the rounding and slanted aft end of the ship. The get a little smaller as you go up in floors. The only one with a couch are on the 6th floor. The other difference is the styleing. The breeze is different, go on the carnival website and view the artist impressions of the Breeze aft wraps. Loved them. We have stayed on Liberty aft wrap and the Dream aft wrap and staying in Magic aftwrap next month.

Similar. The aft wraps on the Dream, Magic and soon to be Breeze are a little smaller due to the rounding and slanted aft end of the ship. The get a little smaller as you go up in floors. The only one with a couch are on the 6th floor. The other difference is the styleing. The breeze is different, go on the carnival website and view the artist impressions of the Breeze aft wraps. Loved them. We have stayed on Liberty aft wrap and the Dream aft wrap and staying in Magic aftwrap next month.

Yep - they do shrink as you go up from deck 6. We stayed in one on the Dream in both deck 6 and 7. Deck 6 is preferred (to us at least)!

Sadly, even the balcony on deck 6 pales in comparison to those on Conquest class ships in both width and depth. Also, that curve on the back prevents you from having the 270 degree view which you can manage on the Conquest class ships. Additionally, on Dream class ships, you can't see down to the waterline to the extent that you can on the Conquest class thanks to the Promenade deck below.

Back to a REAL AFT WRAP on the Legend later this year! ;)

Tom

Thanks for the input. Glad we got one on deck 6. May not be quite as good as the Freedom, but really looking forward to it. Interesting that they have the couch in the deck 6 cabins--because you cannot book a 3rd person in our cabin. Oh well, we also have an inside that can accomodate 3. So my 3 daughters can share that, and my youngest can sleep on our couch some nights.

Thanks for the input. Glad we got one on deck 6. May not be quite as good as the Freedom, but really looking forward to it. Interesting that they have the couch in the deck 6 cabins--because you cannot book a 3rd person in our cabin. Oh well, we also have an inside that can accomodate 3. So my 3 daughters can share that, and my youngest can sleep on our couch some nights.
You will still enjoy it. We were originally booked on the highest floor (lido?) on the Dream for our Aug 2010 cruise. When she first came over from Europe, we got invited to a sleepover on the ship in New York when they did the naming ceremony. The next morning before they kicked us off, we wandered around and checked out our booked room (saw the size and said yuck) as well as the other floors and rebooked on 6, as we use the couch a lot. As I previously mentioned, I LOVE the conceptuals on the Breeze aft wraps. Enjoy!

... As I previously mentioned, I LOVE the conceptuals on the Breeze aft wraps. Enjoy!

Has anything structural changed? I went to the Carnival website and all that I could find was an artist's rendering of the interior (one photo). Did I miss something?

Tom

Has anything structural changed? I went to the Carnival website and all that I could find was an artist's rendering of the interior (one photo). Did I miss something?

Tom

There used to be renderings (thanks for the correction on the word that I could not remember) for all classes, inside, ocean view, vista, ocean and grand. I will look and see if I can find them. The structural was that I seem to remember :cool: the layout and the windows being different (read that as better).

The suite aft wraps on the Spirit class are def. the best.

I wonder why they headed that way (correctly, IMHO) on the Spirit class ships, and have ever since retreated with each subsequent class of ship?

Never mind... what was I thinking!! ;)

Tom

There used to be rederings (thanks for the correction on the word trhat I could not remember) for all classes, inside, ocean view, vista, ocean and grand. I will look and see if I can find them. The structural was that I seem to remember :cool: the layout and the windows being different (read that as better).

The one I found certainly made the room appear more spacious than it was. Ah... the magic of computers!! :D

Tom

Just looked at the site and they have renderings of all class there (when I linked to the breeze from the ships page). And it appears that I might be taking some poetic license with the structural comments (wishful thinking on my part;)).

I wonder why they headed that way (correctly, IMHO) on the Spirit class ships, and have ever since retreated with each subsequent class of ship?

Never mind... what was I thinking!! ;)

Tom

Different builder for one..... HAL has what I think is the comparable to cat 11 (old terminology I know), on their new same size ship class and it is a fantastic room (basing this on picture content as I have never stayed in it). As I remember it entire wall of windows.....:D

Different builder for one..... HAL has what I think is the comparable to cat 11 (old terminology I know), on their new same size ship class and it is a fantastic room (basing this on picture content as I have never stayed in it). As I remember it entire wall of windows.....:D

LOL - I miss the old terminology, as then you could get a VS cabin at the generic Cat 11 rate. They have fine tuned many categories to extract as much potential ($) as possible --- can't blame them for that though!

I wonder if Carnival is going to stick with its Italian shipbuilders, or head back to Finland (or elsewhere) in the future? I like what I have seen (build quality wise) on the Solstice class ships - from Meyer Werft in Germany. Though they are apparently busy with the new NCL ships as well as "Project Sunshine" (RCL).

Tom

I wonder if Carnival is going to stick with its Italian shipbuilders, or head back to Finland (or elsewhere) in the future? I like what I have seen (build quality wise) on the Solstice class ships - from Meyer Werft in Germany. Though they are apparently busy with the new NCL ships as well as "Project Sunshine" (RCL).

Tom

There was a link I saw a while back on future builds for all brands. Very interesting and I thought I had bookmarked it but cannot seem to find it now:(

1st, let me say we LOVE the aft wrap suites we've had on the Legend & Miracle. Nothing beats them.

We had an aft-wrap on the Dream last month....9472. Categorized as an 8D balcony room.....so we got $300 in price drops......our balcony was twice the length of the deck 6 balcony......we didn't need all that space, but decks 6-7-8 were a different category and were $300 more.....the room size was ok, not my favorite......the balcony was FULLY covered from above...no chance at sun or seeing stars at night...was enjoyable when it was raining because we could still use our whole balcony.....was far too narrow though for my liking.....

Balcony on deck 7 (Dream):

776295525_vpBGA-L-1.jpg

Honestly one of the narrowest of balconies we have had the pleasure of attempting to navigate (around someone sitting in a chair)!!!

Tom

Especially if one is having a coctail party, or having had several to many of the the above:cool:

Balcony on deck 7 (Dream):

776295525_vpBGA-L-1.jpg

Honestly one of the narrowest of balconies we have had the pleasure of attempting to navigate (around someone sitting in a chair)!!!

Tom

Makes me wonder about whether it is worth it to pay extra for the wrap around (compared to a normal balcony). I'm paying about $1,000 more for the wrap around for a 12 day Med cruise. Is the balcony for wrap arounds on deck 6 roomier (wider) than this picture?

Makes me wonder about whether it is worth it to pay extra for the wrap around (compared to a normal balcony). I'm paying about $1,000 more for the wrap around for a 12 day Med cruise. Is the balcony for wrap arounds on deck 6 roomier (wider) than this picture?

Yes, it is. Certainly more functional - though not as wide as Conquest (let alone Spirit) class ships.

We had a third sailing on the Dream in a mid ship suite - upgraded from an aft corner on deck 8 thanks to a caring individual at Carnival. I was surprised just how narrow that balcony was as well - though not as bad as this photo. We are not large people (you know... people "of size"), yet wondered how they would be able to handle it. There comes a point where it is ridiculous to have a "balcony cabin" with a little balcony. It used to be that opting for an aft corner earned you a HUGE balcony. Well, it certainly is long - but not as functional as they used to be. Pinching pennies by trying to squeeze more and more people into a given space eventually will run some people off!

Tom

Archived