On-line Check in issue

I was trying to complete my on-line check in but when I try to put in my flight information I get a warning that the flight is before the recommended time and the software won't let me save the information. It appears that the only way around this is to put in bogus times that the software will accept. What is the point of this if RCI wants the information to work out departure times from the ship?

What is the point of even asking for the information if people have to enter false information to get the check-in process done? Apparently, RCI doesn't think anyone should schedule a flight before 12:30 PM when returning to Port Everglades. Fine, give me a warning message but don't block the info that I give you from being accepted. Everyone has already booked the flight before attempting on-line check-in. Does RCI think everyone is going to rebook their flights?

Has anyone esle had this issue and how did you get around it?

They are trying to cover their own a$$es. By giving you this warning, they are removing some of the liability that could be placed on them; "you knew these were my flight times, why did you leave without me?" Or "you knew what time my flight was, how come you made me debark so late and miss my flight?"

I never put in flight information on my Set Sail Pass. I always fly in the day before so I have plenty of leeway to make the ship. Toward the end of the cruise, you will get a form to fill out to determine when your debarkation time should be. Fill out the form, stating your flight time, and they will make sure you are off the ship in time to catch your plane, unless you have booked some ridiculously early departure flight.

I was trying to complete my on-line check in but when I try to put in my flight information I get a warning that the flight is before the recommended time and the software won't let me save the information. It appears that the only way around this is to put in bogus times that the software will accept. What is the point of this if RCI wants the information to work out departure times from the ship?

What is the point of even asking for the information if people have to enter false information to get the check-in process done? Apparently, RCI doesn't think anyone should schedule a flight before 12:30 PM when returning to Port Everglades. Fine, give me a warning message but don't block the info that I give you from being accepted. Everyone has already booked the flight before attempting on-line check-in. Does RCI think everyone is going to rebook their flights?

Has anyone esle had this issue and how did you get around it?

That time is the time that RCI is advsing you to book your flight in the event that the disembarkation is delayed. Not allowing you to put in whatever time your flight is actually leaving and having to put in the time they are requesting covers them as far as you knowing and something delaying you at the port. This way you cannot say you were not aware.

They are trying to cover their own a$$es. By giving you this warning, they are removing some of the liability that could be placed on them; "you knew these were my flight times, why did you leave without me?" Or "you knew what time my flight was, how come you made me debark so late and miss my flight?"

I never put in flight information on my Set Sail Pass. I always fly in the day before so I have plenty of leeway to make the ship. Toward the end of the cruise, you will get a form to fill out to determine when your debarkation time should be. Fill out the form, stating your flight time, and they will make sure you are off the ship in time to catch your plane, unless you have booked some ridiculously early departure flight.

OK, I could not remember if they were still having people fill out those forms or if they were just going by the information supplied in the check-in information. I won't worry about it then.

By the way, they don't like my arrival information either. They say I am getting there too early. Ok RCI, I'll just ask the pilot to take the long route.:rolleyes:

OK, I could not remember if they were still having people fill out those forms or if they were just going by the information supplied in the check-in information. I won't worry about it then.

By the way, they don't like my arrival information either. They say I am getting there too early. Ok RCI, I'll just ask the pilot to take the long route.:rolleyes:

Best post of the day!!:D

I had the same problems--both of them--when I was doing online check in. I put in a bogus time for the departure as well. It was such a pain. Glad (?) I wasn't the only one, but seriously? I plan to do self-disembarkation anyway.

Have a great cruise!

This is why I don't bother adding my flight information to my Set Sail Pass. In the grand scheme of things, RCI doesn't need to know this info ahead of time. As long as I fill out the form once I'm on the ship, I'm all set.

Archived