Silly question about Luggage Direct

edmusic

I don't know the answer to your question, but I expect there would be two different disembarkation colors/numbers. The Luggage Direct people disembark right after the self-disembark group.

I'm betting that one person in the couple won't be too happy to be getting off alone to make her way to the airport by herself. ;)

Ruth - makes sense. Plus I just thought of this: the boarding passes get printed and delivered to your stateroom the night before disembarkation so the DW would not get her boarding pass. I knew it was a silly question, I just din't know why until now.:(

I see where luggage direct is $19 per person and can include up to two bags each. Can one person check his bag and his wife's bag and only pay the $19 one person charge?

The $19 per person charge is for taking care of the boarding pass and the luggage destination strap. If you only pay for one person, then the other person is not going to have a boarding pass so will have to check in at the ticket counter at the airport.

For us, the $19 charge is worth it to be able to go straight to the security lines at airport, not having to check in at ticket counter.

Avoiding the ticket counter line is well worth the price in our opinion.

We actually just did this in Dec. There were 3 of us and we only had 4 bags. We checked them in under my wife and DD they got the boarding passes and I did not but that didn't matter because I am an "A List" on Southwest so would get a good number anyway. We did get a call asking why we were only using this for 2 people, told them I was flying seperately and they had no problem with it. We all got off at the same time. Didn't feel I was cheating anyone since we paid for the luggage we had.

To the OP's circumstance, if you airline charges luggage fees, by putting both bags on one ticket you could incur a higher fee for the second bag than if it were the first bag for a second person. Might not offset the $19, but it would lessen the savings.

The $19 per person charge is for taking care of the boarding pass and the luggage destination strap. If you only pay for one person, then the other person is not going to have a boarding pass so will have to check in at the ticket counter at the airport.

For us, the $19 charge is worth it to be able to go straight to the security lines at airport, not having to check in at ticket counter.

Avoiding the ticket counter line is well worth the price in our opinion.

I don't understand why the other person would not have a boarding pass or would need to check in at the ticket counter at all.

Unless there is some unusual restriction involved, he/she could check in for the flight and print the boarding pass in advance, just as hundreds of other passengers do who don't use Luggage Direct.

Archived