Future Cruise Certificate Redemption

cruiserguy11

I submitted mine on Sunday 1/15 via the web page and received the credit on Wednesday 1/18.

We are leaving on 1/26 so maybe they prioritize them like they did for the previous poster.

I submitted mine via the web site about 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up but I got a confirmation email saying they had received it. I think that CCL could try to make this process a bit easier though.

I booked over the phone. The future cruise thing is marketed as a $100 towards the deposit. That is what it is, a deposit. You couldn't use it as a deposit due to being a late booking.

I was told that it couldn't be used on the deposit only to be applied to a payment. I forgot I had mine until I paid in full so they just gave me $200 OBC which is great for me.. They could have refunded $100 on my CC but I told them to just use it for OBC..

Also it took about 3 weeks to get the letter saying they had applied mine. Be patient. It does work.

I did mine via the website Jan 4. Got the standard 5-7 day timeframe. On my second extension on final payment and still waiting.

The time it takes with Carnival reps to approve extension of the $100 final payment - could be dealt with if the staff was appropriately placed in the right departments.

Submitted my request online 1/5/2012, received the confirmation email the same day (although it said the wrong ship).

Got an email confirmation today (1/23/2012) that it was submitted and added to my booking. Just looked at the booking and both the $100 was applied, and I have $100 OBC. All is well and I have a PDF copy of the documents (which I create regularly just in case).

Key is getting it submitted and receiving the email that they have it.

Took 18 days to get it handled. I don't cruise until November, so that's fine with me! :D

thanks for the info..I was trying to get mine, but like you the page was going nowhere ..I also had to go into compatibility mode for it to work

I too have been very frustrated with this FCV certificates. I have been dealing with carnival since Dec. 13th and I still don't know if I will get it even tho I have paid my $100 and I am booked on a cruise to Alaska nothing has shown up on the paid amount on the web site. I had a lot of problem getting the on line certificate to submit. I am not sure it went thru either. I just spoke with a girl this morning and she said if I dont see anything by April 10th 2012 that is 2 days before my full payment is due to call them. Now I feel like I am just getting the run a round with this FCV. Who is running the FCV dept. a bunch of goons. No one has given me the same answer twice. It is like they are making up there own rules on this as they see fix just to get you off the phone. :mad: let here back from any of you if you have used these FCV certificate before and your experience with them at Carnival.:confused:

I just got mine applied to my cruise

I ended up calling my PVP, as my final payment date was getting closer

she talked to someone and told me to wait , she was going to call me on the 31st if nothing happened , and get them to apply it before feb 5th

but i got the email today that it was processed and applied to my cruise

i checked my doc's and it was there..:)

I too have been very frustrated with this FCV certificates. I have been dealing with carnival since Dec. 13th and I still don't know if I will get it even tho I have paid my $100 and I am booked on a cruise to Alaska nothing has shown up on the paid amount on the web site. I had a lot of problem getting the on line certificate to submit. I am not sure it went thru either. I just spoke with a girl this morning and she said if I dont see anything by April 10th 2012 that is 2 days before my full payment is due to call them. Now I feel like I am just getting the run a round with this FCV. Who is running the FCV dept. a bunch of goons. No one has given me the same answer twice. It is like they are making up there own rules on this as they see fix just to get you off the phone. :mad: let here back from any of you if you have used these FCV certificate before and your experience with them at Carnival.:confused:

I spoke to them again yesterday, and the person I spoke to admitted to being behind. Said to phone again in one to two weeks if mine doesn't show up on my online invoice. At least we don't cruise until April so have time.

• 2 months later...

I just submitted mine for the Sept cruise and here is the email I got from CCL.

We received your email, however we are a bit behind in applying certificates. Please allow 3 – 4 weeks prior to sailing in order for your certificate to be applied. Once applied you will receive a response from us.

Should you need to check the status of your booking, please access Carnival’s website at WWW.CARNIVAL.COM<http://www.CARNIVAL.COM>, and click on “Manage My Cruise”

Thank you for your patience; we value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Admin Special Programs Department

3-4 weeks prior to sailing would be past final payment? So what the 100 becomes for of a refundable deposit? Because I have read that people who FCC was credited after final payment was refunded to original credit card the certificate was purchased with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted the Future Credit certificate online (after the run-around with it not actually submitting until I changed to compatibilitiy mode) on 3/31 and got an email today (4/11) that it has been applied. When I check my account online it shows that the $100 has been added to the payments, but I don't see any indication of the onboard credit. Where do I look for this? Is there a time lapse between when the $100 is applied to the payment and when the OBC is added?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the help - I was working on this for a couple hours!!!

I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL. :p

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.

(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.

(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL. :p

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

HaHa, Totally agree. Finally got it figured out

I have to agree with on the web site. they really need to update how it is laid out. it is very difficult to find most of the good stuff. I had a hell of time with the coupon redeeming it cause I have Foxfire and there web site does not support it. I had to go on here to ask how to do it. I even called and they never told me anything about disabling popup blocker and foxfire.

I wish that it would keep your info everytime I go into it I have to enter my birthdate well all that info they ask every time. Yuk. I think the booking number should be all you need to bring up this info. well it is only 60 days to sailing. My husband and I are touring the USA this yr and we will start out on May 15th and work our way up to Seattle where we get the ship. Then after the cruise we will continue on in our 5th wheel and truck heading across the top part of the united states and pretty much do the outer perimeter. we plan to be gone for 6mo. We just got our satelite all hooked up yesterday. Now we have TV. well I have said enough. good bye.:D

Sorry, I did not read this whole post, but I just experience wonderful service redeeming my Future Cruise Certificate. I call my PVP, emailed it over to him and within 2 hours, $100 was added to my deposit and $100 onboard credit was showing in my cruise manager. He always takes such good care of us. He could not handle the Carnival Cruise Dollars I got from points on my credit card, but confirmed the address I send them to and suggested I send them certified mail...hadn't thought of that, but it sure makes sense.

Geez Louise...after spending about 30 minutes on the stupid compatibility mode, I was able to process the FCC on Sunday, 4/29. I received the email today (5/1) stating that the FCC had been applied. I checked my docs and my OBC was posted. My cruise isn't until 8/20/13, so I don't think there's any backlog:D

WOOHOO:)

Sorry, I did not read this whole post, but I just experience wonderful service redeeming my Future Cruise Certificate. I call my PVP, emailed it over to him and within 2 hours, $100 was added to my deposit and $100 onboard credit was showing in my cruise manager. He always takes such good care of us. He could not handle the Carnival Cruise Dollars I got from points on my credit card, but confirmed the address I send them to and suggested I send them certified mail...hadn't thought of that, but it sure makes sense.

Good idea sending them via certified mail.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived