Future Cruise Certificate Redemption

cruiserguy11

• 3 months later...

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.

(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.

(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

I am so thankful I found this thread yesterday.

I use Firefox for my web browser and couldn't get the redemption to go through when I hit submit.

Called my pvp, left a voice mail, no response. After a couple hours, I called the 800 Carnival number. While listening to recordings for 15 minutes on the Carnival phone line, I sat down and googled future cruise certificate redemption and got a hit to this thread.

Followed the directions above, and after hitting submit, off it went. Within 20 minutes I had an email that said request had been received and would be processed within 5 - 7 business days.

Just wanted to thank you for starting this thread and helping solve the dilemma of getting the certificate redeemed!

I love Carnival ... I hate their website. I think the website is run by Gnomes from NCL. :p

I first tried to redeem a couple of Future Cruise Vacation certificates two weeks ago .... I filled out the online form correctly and hit "Submit." Nada. It wouldn't send it. I then phoned Carnival, in the evening, and the girl said I had to phone back during the day when the Promotion Dept people are working. Fair enough.

Christmas and New Year went by and I got back on it this morning. All I wanted to know is if the first certificate redemption had been received.

First Carnival employee on the phone put me through to Promotions. I gave her all the information and she said, "I'll be right back." Waited 15 minutes on the phone. She never returned.

I then phoned back ... this time speaking to a person in "Already got a cruise booked, press 4." I explained the problem and she said did I put in a back slash when adding FCV after www.carnival.com. I said I put in a forward slash as the certificate instructed. She said I must put in a back slash. I said I had put in a forward slash and the correct redemption form came up which I filled out but when I hit "submit" it just sat there. She told me to change computers. Aaarrrrrgggghhh.

I then phoned back again, requested Promotions AGAIN...this time talking to someone WHO ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING.

So this information is directed to those who have trouble with redeeming a Future Cruise Vacation certificate.

(1) Your computer must be using Internet Explorer.

(2) You must turn off Popup Blocker.

(3) You must have Carnival.Com added to your "trusted sites."

Once I followed her instructions the redemption went through and I received a notification that the information had been received. This notification is kinda hidden in the middle of one of Carnival's normal pages. So read it well to make certain they received the information. The woman also said I'd receive a confirmation email tomorrow. And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

I went through this as well then I figured out that if I just mail it in, they take care of it no problems. It was applied to may account within a week of mailing it. Problem solved.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
All these problems will soon be gone. You now can only buy them if you book a cruise while cruising.

I'm confused, hasn't it been this way for the past 1.5 years or so now?

Have there been any recent changes implemented?

I'm confused, hasn't it been this way for the past 1.5 years or so now?

Have there been any recent changes implemented?

Even though FCC are no longer sold many have not yet expired. In fact, in California they have no expiration date.

Even though FCC are no longer sold many have not yet expired. In fact, in California they have no expiration date.

Hi, is there a reference document that shows that "in California they have no expiration date". That would be great to see in writing, so I don't have to worry. Thanks.

I just give the # to my PVP and that's it. DONE. He always takes care of it. Back in the day I mailed it and had to go certified which cost a little. Another reason for have a personal PVP.

Ditto this

Hi, is there a reference document that shows that "in California they have no expiration date". That would be great to see in writing, so I don't have to worry. Thanks.

On the back of the Certificate:

13. Certificate void where prohibited or restricted by law. This certificate shall have no expiration date for purchasers in California and New Hampshire or where otherwise required by law.

But I think this only applies to people who live in CA or NH.

On the back of the Certificate:

13. Certificate void where prohibited or restricted by law. This certificate shall have no expiration date for purchasers in California and New Hampshire or where otherwise required by law.

But I think this only applies to people who live in CA or NH.

Rosefloater, thank you so much. We just never noticed that before. Once again, Cruise Critic members have helped me out. Thanks again. Oregonian123

Archived