Future Cruise Certificate Redemption

cruiserguy11

My last two cruises when my FCC wouldn't submit, I like most who have posted, called for assistance. When they tried to explain how to make it happen I just told them I was over 50 and not technically inclined so could we just take care of it over the phone. They did. All they needed was my booking number and my certificate number. The one credited to my next cruise was even after final payment and $100 has been credited back to my CC.

I had to call Carnival on Wednesday to retrieve the numbers for our FCC's as we misplaced the paperwork. The person I spoke with was very helpful and got the information I needed. Then she tried to talk me through the online submission; I had the problems others on this thread are having. :( She asked me if I was using Safari and I said no, I was using Chrome. She said good because Safari is incompatible with the online submission page but Chrome should work.

Long story short I could fill out the form but nothing would happen when I clicked submit. I was at work and had no access to Internet Explorer so I waited till I got home. I used out home pc, Internet Explorer, Compatibility mode, wsorked like a charm; thanks folks! :)

As for whether Safari works or not, I take most things I am told by Carnival customer service with a grain of salt, I just pass it along as is, YMMV.

Sorry can't help you with a mac or safari..maybe someone else will be able to.

Now 23 days since submitted last FCC and no second email saying I received the credit. Wish they would hurry up.

Anyone else still having problems getting their credit?

It's been 11 days for us so far.

I have a Mac and I could not get it to work so I used our other computer and following these steps it worked..... First clear your history, cookies, temp internet files.

1) using the IE browser go to website.

2) Click on Tools at top of page(on the browser not the webpage)

3) click on Compatibility View Settings

4) type in Carnival.com

5) click add and close window

6) fill out form and submit.

Side note: Make sure you look under cruise document to see your OBC. It will not show under billing... at least not for me. Good luck!

Wow, I am so glad I am not the only one who hit the Submit button for atotally anticlimatic moment :)

I finally called and the rep entered it with a note saying I had tried to send it, but wasn't sure if it went through. Mind you this was 2 weeks before final payment. 2 days before final payment I called and said "hey where is it, 'cause I don't want to pay until it shows up...surprise they transferred me and that person was able to process it on the spot. Showed up on my acoount almost immediately.

Not the best experience for the firsttime buying one...but in the long run, the OBC :D

Well....as I mentioned in my previous response I sent in the online form on Wednesday Jan-11. Less than 48 hours later I just received an e-mail confirming my FCC request has been processed and the OBC applied to my account. :)

We sail in just over two weeks so I'm thinking Carnival must be processing these request based on how close the booking is to sail date, not in order of submission.

And I believe her since I swear she's the only one at Carnival who knows what's happening with FCV's.

Getting the one person who actually knows how to fix something, in almost anyone's tech support department, is like hitting the lottery today! The level of service and support, never mind the quality of work, has declined precipitously in the past ten years.

Kevin C

My PVP Sean help with the redemption of the cruise certificate my mom bought on our last cruise and from now on, I am booking straight with him!! He tracked down the certificate, had the Promotions dept. process it, and he even sent us confirmation that it had been received! Have your PVP do it for you if you have one. JMHO :D

Kind of an unrelated topic, but I used my certificate and got a confirmation that they had received it and now it shows up that I paid $100 toward the cruise more than I actually did, but there is no OBC showing, just the $100 payment.

Will this not show up until I make final payment? I assumed it would be on there at the same time.

Happy Friday Everyone.

I wanted to let you know I mailed my FCC regular mail on Jan 2.2012 and the OBC and 100.00 credit was applied correctly to my cruise on Jan 12. Not only did I put the booking number on the FCC I also added the Ship name, cruise date and our home phone number.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kind of an unrelated topic, but I used my certificate and got a confirmation that they had received it and now it shows up that I paid $100 toward the cruise more than I actually did, but there is no OBC showing, just the $100 payment.

Will this not show up until I make final payment? I assumed it would be on there at the same time.

Hmmm...mine shows the OBC but not the $100 I paid for the certificate. Maybe because I am booked through a TA?

I find it very humorous that for PAYMENT of a cruise, every browser, every computer, any combination you can think of will WORK, and go thru PERFECTLY. But to REDEEM a FCC is nearly impossible for most and it IS impossible for me to redeem online mine since I am using SAFARI! We all know the REASON for that....

I really think I got the one person who knew anything at Carnival....

I've now been waiting for the promised email ... and nothing. And when I check my online account on those bookings it still doesn't show the credit.

Hopefully I can still get that one person when I phone back.

I was going to wait till Monday and call about my FCC I submitted on 1/2. However, I just received an a-mail telling me both FCC's I submitted have been applied to both cabins. Just checked, and there they were! So it took 15 business days for them to apply it. There is hope! Just be patient.

I was going to wait till Monday and call about my FCC I submitted on 1/2. However, I just received an a-mail telling me both FCC's I submitted have been applied to both cabins. Just checked, and there they were! So it took 15 business days for them to apply it. There is hope! Just be patient.

Great! Seems like they really are behind. At least you got them applied.

We submitted on 1/2 ...nothing yet.:(

I booked a cruise yesterday (Friday) and submitted the form on the Carnival website for the FCC. I received the automated e-mail that said the form was received. Today I received another e-mail stating the amount was applied to my cruise. Since we're leaving in a week and a half maybe that's why it was rushed through.

This whole system is a joke. I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago. Today I was trying to look at my reservation, but I couldn't access it. I did a dummy booking and my room was available for purchase. I called customer service and was told my reservation was cancelled, by THEM!! I was told that it was cancelled because I owed $93 from my deposit. This was due to my future cruise certificate was not approved. When I made the reservation, I gave the certificate number for the $100 credit. There wasn't any thing in their notes about it. On top of that, I applied for a price reduction 5 days ago. I haven't heard anything about it either. I was told that I needed to call back in a few days to see if either discount was added. That is my job. Royal Carribean is looking better. They give you price reduction on the phone, right then, and not through some department. I did get my reservation back, only until Jan. 31.

This whole system is a joke. I booked a cruise 2 weeks ago. Today I was trying to look at my reservation, but I couldn't access it. I did a dummy booking and my room was available for purchase. I called customer service and was told my reservation was cancelled, by THEM!! I was told that it was cancelled because I owed $93 from my deposit. This was due to my future cruise certificate was not approved. When I made the reservation, I gave the certificate number for the $100 credit. There wasn't any thing in their notes about it. On top of that, I applied for a price reduction 5 days ago. I haven't heard anything about it either. I was told that I needed to call back in a few days to see if either discount was added. That is my job. Royal Carribean is looking better. They give you price reduction on the phone, right then, and not through some department. I did get my reservation back, only until Jan. 31.

Did you book on the phone or online? FCC cannot be used for the deposit. When I booked it was after final payment date so I had to pay for the whole thing and then I got a credit for the FCC.

Archived