Hump Cabins

zdobson71

I'm looking at the deck plans for the Reflection on Celebrity's website. We are wanting to book a C2 cabin and in the deck plan the stateroom we are looking at is located in the "hump" I believe. Mid-ship where the ship juts out to accommodate the elevators I believe, what is benefit of these cabins over any others. We want to be centrally located and the price point on this cabin is about where we want to be. Just looking for some information about these particular cabins on the Solstice class ships.

thanks

I'm looking at the deck plans for the Reflection on Celebrity's website. We are wanting to book a C2 cabin and in the deck plan the stateroom we are looking at is located in the "hump" I believe. Mid-ship where the ship juts out to accommodate the elevators I believe, what is benefit of these cabins over any others. We want to be centrally located and the price point on this cabin is about where we want to be. Just looking for some information about these particular cabins on the Solstice class ships.

thanks

If you share the cabin number you're looking at perhaps we can help. Personally I love 2105 or 2106

13975.jpg.fac66941b3887eb091325788c0503999.jpg

The room numbers for 2167, 2169, 2171, 2173, 2175 and 2164, 2166, 2168, 2170, 2172.

I believe these are hump cabins, never had an experience with them. With it being a new ship and not yet delivered i know #'s are subject to change but was wanting to clarify if these rooms are indeed the hump cabins? And if the picture will not increase in size they are the purple colored rooms around the center elevator bank.

Thanks

thanks

If you get an end one, either end - you get a clearer view.

Otherwise I agree with everyone else.

Beth

Some other larger C2's on the Hump/Angle: 1229/1231 and 1118/1120

1243/1245/1247/1249 and 1132/1134/1136/1138

The even numbers are on the Starboard side, and the odd numbers on the Port side.

I believe 2167 and 2164 are shown as C2's on the Hump, but they are not on the Angle (larger balcony).

That's my favorite place on the ship - Hump area near the aft elevators.

If you share the cabin number you're looking at perhaps we can help. Personally I love 2105 or 2106

Those numbered staterooms on the other S-Class are excellent, but they are not in the same location on Reflection, as they've added another deck. Those staterooms are AQ and up forward.

Thank you so much Wine-O. That was exactly what I was trying to ask without knowing exactly how too. So these cabins have a bit larger balcony. Sounds like an excellent place for our honeymoon.

Thanks again

Zach

Thank you so much Wine-O. That was exactly what I was trying to ask without knowing exactly how too. So these cabins have a bit larger balcony. Sounds like an excellent place for our honeymoon.

Thanks again

Zach

The first and the third balconies coming off the hump in either direction are the largest. Here's a thumbnail that shows the Port side, but the Starboard side is exactly the same with regard to the proportion in size of the normal balcony and the angled balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

I believe these are hump cabins, never had an experience with them. With it being a new ship and not yet delivered i know #'s are subject to change but was wanting to clarify if these rooms are indeed the hump cabins? And if the picture will not increase in size they are the purple colored rooms around the center elevator bank.

Thanks

Hi ZDobson71,

Good point to keep in mind.

I have the latest Celebrity Brochure and the Deck Plans in my hand as I type this... based on what I see...

C2 Cabins appear midship on THREE Decks on the Reflection (Decks 9, 10 and 12)

"The hump" is indeed the part of the ship that is wider midship around the Elevators. ("The bump" is usually referred to the wider parter of the ship at the front end... it too has some deeper balconies if I recall)

When it comes to "The Hump" the biggest balconies are on the angle (not the straight part) with the largest being 1 away and then 3 away, 2 and 4 away are still oversized but not gigantic like the other two.

So based on Celebrity's current published info on The Reflection... for C2s the most favourable cabins with larger balconies would be...

DECK 9 = aft end of the hump = 9241 & 9296 and then 9243 & 9298 (the first ones are 3 away, the last two are 4 away from the straight part of the hump)

DECK 10 = fore end of the hump = 1231 & 1120 and then 1229 & 1118 (the first ones are 3 away, the last two are 4 away)

DECK 10 = aft end of the hump = 1243 & 1132 - 1245 & 1134 - 1247 & 1136 - and 1249 & 1138 (the first ones are 1 away, then the pairs follow along 2, 3 and 4 away respectively)

DECK 12 - aft end of the hump = 2169 & 2166 - 2171 & 2168 - 2173 & 2170 - and 2175 & 2172 (the first ones are 1 away, then the pairs follow along 2, 3 and 4 away respectively)

NOTES

1- Deck 12 also has two C2 Cabins midship that have regular sized balconies (2167 & 2164)

2- Deck 10 also has four C2 Cabins on the angle of "the bump" 1075 & 1044 - and 1077 & 1046. As I said, I am not really all that familiar with the balcony logistics on those ones, for when I was doing my research, I was far more interested in finding something midship. So hopefully someone else can comment

3- Some of the cabins are also designed for more than 2 guests, so pay attention to the key that is supplied with the Deck Plans. Deck 12 C2's midship appear to all be doubles, but there are convertible sofa beds noted for the cabins on Decks 10 and 9 (look for the Black Square Logo)... as well there are some cabins that are adjoining (look for the Bar Logo)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I have reserved 2168 for my March 2013 cruise. While the balcony is the smaller of the oversized balconies, it is still huge. We prefer the bed next to the bath, which is why I picked this cabin. We were in the same cabin on Eclipse (2108) last March, and loved the location.

• 4 months later...
I have reserved 2168 for my March 2013 cruise. While the balcony is the smaller of the oversized balconies, it is still huge. We prefer the bed next to the bath, which is why I picked this cabin. We were in the same cabin on Eclipse (2108) last March, and loved the location.

How can you tell where the bed will be? We too prefer the bed by the bath.

Also, am I right that many of these larger balconies have connecting cabins?

And what does the square symbol mean on the deck plan? Is it a third bed?

Cheers,

We've just returned from the Eclipse TA. We were in a C2 cabin, 1231, Deck 10, on the forward angle of the hump. This was a GREAT cabin. The balcony was huge AND the location of the cabin could not be beat. Near the main (aft) elevators, but we never heard any noise whatsoever. And not that far to walk to the forward elevators. We'd book this location again.

BTW, the bed in this cabin was by the balcony. Since this was our first Celebrity cruise, we could not compare this to having the bed by the bathroom, but we really liked having it by the balcony. It made access to the closet and bureau easy for dressing and changing clothes, as they were not separated by the bed. I slept closest to the balcony, and had no problem getting around the bed to use the facilities in the middle of the night (a common concern from what I've read on here! :)).

I posted pics of the cabin (including the balcony) on the S-Class Cabin sticky thread, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33738761&postcount=1609

We have cabin 1106 booked on the Solstice, my TA said this is one of the better C2 staterooms, but I don't see it on anyone's lists. Should I get it switched?

It's my understanding from reading other threads on here about the cabins on the slant of the hump that all of them have balconies that are larger than the balconies of non-hump cabins. However, according to these threads, the balconies of the cabins that are the first and third off the straight part of the hump are the largest. See the discussion and cabin list on this thread, for example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1619508&highlight=hump+cabins

Based on my stay in Cabin 1231 on the Eclipse, I think that Cabin 1106 is in a great location. Based on these other threads about hump cabins (not my personal knowledge), the balcony of 1106 should be large, but not as large as the balcony of Cabin 1108 next to it.

Also, doing a search on the sticky in the Celeb forum on the S-class cabins for "1106" (which I highly recommend as a resource for anyone before booking a cabin on one of these ships) produced these two summaries of Cabin 1106 on S-class ships, which you should read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32291437&postcount=1521

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23233670&postcount=633

If you do a search in this forum for hump cabins, you should find even more info ...

I hope this is helpful in making your decision. Have a great trip!

I am booked in 2152 (AquaClass Suite on Reflection) in January -- since it is on the "flat" part of the hump does that mean it is just a normal sized balcony?

I saw the stuff about how the hump had larger balconies so moved back to this cabin thinking that we would also get that. But now reading this thread and looking at the deck plan again, I can see how it makes more sense that only those on an angle would have a larger balcony than others. Oh well. I guess we will somehow still manage. Such a tough life!

It's my understanding from reading other threads on here about the cabins on the slant of the hump that all of them have balconies that are larger than the balconies of non-hump cabins. However, according to these threads, the balconies of the cabins that are the first and third off the straight part of the hump are the largest. See the discussion and cabin list on this thread, for example:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1619508&highlight=hump+cabins

Based on my stay in Cabin 1231 on the Eclipse, I think that Cabin 1106 is in a great location. Based on these other threads about hump cabins (not my personal knowledge), the balcony of 1106 should be large, but not as large as the balcony of Cabin 1108 next to it.

Also, doing a search on the sticky in the Celeb forum on the S-class cabins for "1106" (which I highly recommend as a resource for anyone before booking a cabin on one of these ships) produced these two summaries of Cabin 1106 on S-class ships, which you should read.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32291437&postcount=1521

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23233670&postcount=633

If you do a search in this forum for hump cabins, you should find even more info ...

I hope this is helpful in making your decision. Have a great trip!

Thank you!

I haven't been able to figure this out. I have done a search with-in the 'sticky' for Solstice Class ships, lots of bed locations per cabin number, but I haven't found how you can tell from the deck plans.

digital_curator, the squares with-in the deck plan, mean cabins with sofa beds, to accomodate a third person.

I am booked in 2152 (AquaClass Suite on Reflection) in January -- since it is on the "flat" part of the hump does that mean it is just a normal sized balcony?

I saw the stuff about how the hump had larger balconies so moved back to this cabin thinking that we would also get that. But now reading this thread and looking at the deck plan again, I can see how it makes more sense that only those on an angle would have a larger balcony than others. Oh well. I guess we will somehow still manage. Such a tough life!

That will be a regular sized balcony. It has to be on the slanted portion to be bigger. The only AQ suite like this is 2109. We stayed in 1610 on our last cruise and have it again on Equinox. I'll be curious to hear how people like the AQ suites though!

Just reading what everyone was talking about, I have a question. Would you see a problem with cabin #9245 and 9347. They are right behind the hump cabins so I am thinking the view will pretty much be blocked looking towards the front of the boat. These are C3 cabins, I got a good deal on them, but am worried about the view. Thanks.

That will be a regular sized balcony. It has to be on the slanted portion to be bigger. The only AQ suite like this is 2109. We stayed in 1610 on our last cruise and have it again on Equinox. I'll be curious to hear how people like the AQ suites though!

Thanks!

Interesting too. So now the choice is forward towards the Spa (my wife to be will probably love this!) with an extended veranda, or stay back on the hump in the middle of the ship near the elevators.

Of course, I would imagine that the view towards the front of the boat is restricted a bit by 2107 being right there and the bump that holds the Spa is in front of us. Is my assumption correct?

Cheers,

This is from another thread (I can't tell you whether it's correct or not, but our cabin on the Eclipse did not have a sofa bed and our bed was by the balcony, which is consistent with what this says):

The way to find out is to find a room with a little square in the deck plans. That means the stateroom has a fold out sofa bed. All fold out sofa beds are by the balcony, thus, the bed is by the bath.

The staterooms alternate between bed by the balcony/bath/balcony/bath, etc. Stateroom 9318 on that deck has such a square, thus bed by the bath, so you count back every other stateroom, then 9334 will have the same configuration, but no square (no fold out sofa bed, but bed by the bath).

You can also check a corresponding stateroom on another deck as all the bed configurations on he Starboard side are the same on each deck -- sorta like mirror images. Conversely, the Port side is just the opposite. If a corresponding stateroom on the starboard side has the bed by the bath, that same stateroom on the port side will have the bed by the balcony.

An example - AQ stateroom 1610 on the starboard side has the bed by the bath. On the port side, the corresponding stateroom, 1605, has the bed by the balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1567425&highlight=bed+by+balcony

I haven't been able to figure this out. I have done a search with-in the 'sticky' for Solstice Class ships, lots of bed locations per cabin number, but I haven't found how you can tell from the deck plans.

digital_curator, the squares with-in the deck plan, mean cabins with sofa beds, to accomodate a third person.

From what I've read, the beds are every other. The 1st cabin in the hump (the farthest out, for example mine was 8279) has the bed by the bath. Then going down the hump the next cabin had the bed by the balcony, after that by bath, etc.

This is what I've read - i can't speak for sure as I didn't knock on doors :-)

So looking at a deck plan the furthest jut out will be by bath then go every other one for figuring the others (if the rumors are true lol)

Just read the post above mine and yes now i remember it WAS based on that little square too since that meant it had the upper berth. So that's a good indicator too :-)

Edited by ariawoman