Moving up to next level in Crown and anchor mid cruise

Lindypops

Has anyone tried to get upgraded in Crown and anchor mid cruise?

We are Emerald and only need 2 more on board nights to move up to the next level, we have booked our next cruise which is 18 nights.

I have called Crown and anchor people here in the UK and they say they only add the new points 10 days after the end of a cruise, and were unhelpful when I said we only had 2 days to qualify.

I was intending to go to the loyalty ambassador on board to try but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this

Thanks

Hi,

What they are trying to explain is that C&A points are added at the end of the cruise. You can't move up a level whilst the cruise is in progress. If this was the first leg of a B2B you would be able to move up at the end of the first leg.

I agree with this. We are doing a 10 night followed by a 3 night. After the 10 night I will be platinum but according to C&A I won't get recognised until 10 days after. All I will do is go to guest relations and say that I am now platinum and if I can get the benefits of platinum for the final 3 nights. My OH did it last time when he bumped up to Platinum after the first half of our B2B.

CK x

We are Emerald and only need 2 more on board nights to move up to the next level, we have booked our next cruise which is 18 nights.

I have called Crown and anchor people here in the UK and they say they only add the new points 10 days after the end of a cruise, and were unhelpful when I said we only had 2 days to qualify.

I was intending to go to the loyalty ambassador on board to try but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this

Thanks

C&A UK were not being unhelpful at all, what they said was correct your points will be added after the cruise, that is the way it works.

I understand what they are saying about rules but rules are made to be broken, I hope :)

As we are on such a long cruise it would be nice to have Platinum benefits for some of it, I will try when we are on the ship.

I understand what they are saying about rules but rules are made to be broken, I hope :)

As we are on such a long cruise it would be nice to have Platinum benefits for some of it, I will try when we are on the ship.

As said above, we have done it on a B2B, not sure if they will do it on a single cruise but no harm in asking is there? The worst they can say is no :D

CK x

From the RCCL website:

How soon after my cruise are the points added? As a Crown & Anchor Society member, your level in the programme depends on the number of cruise holidays you have taken. You earn a point for every night sailed. Therefore a 7 night cruise will earn you 7 points. However, if you are booked into a Junior Suite or above, you will receive double points, so a 7 night cruise will earn 14 points. To receive your points please ensure that your loyalty number is always included in your booking. You can do this either by asking your travel agent to add your loyalty number to your booking, or you can add your loyalty number yourself when you complete the online check in. If your number is in the booking then your points should be added automatically approximately 10 days after you disembark the ship. If the points added mean that you will move from one tier to the next, you will receive the benefits of the new tier on your next sailing with us. The tier benefits do not change mid-cruise.

From memory, the wording on the T&C part of the website states that you accrue C&A points based on each completed cruise.

From the RCCL website:

From memory, the wording on the T&C part of the website states that you accrue C&A points based on each completed cruise.

Ah, so it has been made clear.

The problem I am facing now is that my cruise points from my recent cruise (12th Dec 11 to 19th Dec 11) have yet to be added. Definitely more than 10 days.

And yes, we registered our C&A number with our booking. Onboard, we did receive vouchers.

Thanks

We were in a similar situation. We were Emerald level when we got on the Liberty, only had 4 points to go to reach Diamond, and it was a 14-nt cruise. We pretty much knew in advance that we would not be given our new Diamond status mid-cruise, but still spoke with the LA on board the ship to question it. We were told that the points are not added until the cruise is completed. Certainly we would have liked to enjoy the Diamond benefits, especially on such a long sailing, but we also understood why it could not be done. It never hurts to ask though........;)

I agree with this. We are doing a 10 night followed by a 3 night. After the 10 night I will be platinum but according to C&A I won't get recognised until 10 days after. All I will do is go to guest relations and say that I am now platinum and if I can get the benefits of platinum for the final 3 nights. My OH did it last time when he bumped up to Platinum after the first half of our B2B.

CK x

On the second part of your consecutive cruise, you need to see the Loyalty Ambassador. You can go to Guest Relations and tell them that you are a higher level, but they can't do anything for you since they would have to verify that with C&A. Going to see the LA will make the process much quicker as he/she would have all that information.

:) Yes , next level is Diamond,

I think I was having a senior moment :eek:

Is anyone one else Diamond? what is the nightly event?

The Diamond event is held on ships without a Diamond Lounge for Diamond and above C&A members. They serve complimentary wine, champagne, soft drinks and trail mix. They also offer mixed drinks at slightly reduced prices.

From the RCCL website:

How soon after my cruise are the points added? As a Crown & Anchor Society member, your level in the programme depends on the number of cruise holidays you have taken. You earn a point for every night sailed. Therefore a 7 night cruise will earn you 7 points. However, if you are booked into a Junior Suite or above, you will receive double points, so a 7 night cruise will earn 14 points. To receive your points please ensure that your loyalty number is always included in your booking. You can do this either by asking your travel agent to add your loyalty number to your booking, or you can add your loyalty number yourself when you complete the online check in. If your number is in the booking then your points should be added automatically approximately 10 days after you disembark the ship. If the points added mean that you will move from one tier to the next, you will receive the benefits of the new tier on your next sailing with us. The tier benefits do not change mid-cruise.

To add what you have posted above......From the C&A Website under Member Benefits

"Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one completed cruise. After 30 completed cruise points, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After 55 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Emerald members. After 80 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Members. After 175 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Plus member.

The only exception I've seen to this rule, and I've seen it more than once, is on a first cruise you can sign up to be a C&A member. The LA will put a gold sticker on the seapass and hand the new cruisers a gold C&A coupon book.

I've also seen people try to get "promoted" to the next level mid cruise and it just didn't happen. Of course some of them get angry. :confused:

Gina

One logistics nightmare I can see (if C&A status were updated mid-cruise) is with balcony discounts. Going from gold to platinum, you would earn one you hadn't qualified for when you departed. Going from say Emerald to Diamond, you would qualify for a higher one. It makes sense that they would have to look at status after completed cruises.

I say this even though I too was in a situation when I could have jumped a level mid-cruise - in my case, gold to platinum.

I don't think they allow this. It would be a logistical nightmare!

Not really. Lots of ways to handle it onboard. Applying the level after "completed" cruise is a carry-over from the old days of counting cruises. It would be really easy to have sticker available to attach to SeaPass noting new mid-cruise status. One question might be which coupon book so give the cruiser option to take current status book or wait until day status changes and get higher book (and sticker). Only reason it is not done is to give more incentive to cruise again at new level.

But aside from change to Diamond changes between levels (Gold to Platinum, Platinum to Emerald) are not that big a deal. Only thing we would get on next cruise when we turn Platinum half way would be robes and we are going to ask cabin attendant for this directly and not be disappointed if the are not available.

Balcony discount I believe can be applied retroactively, after account has been credited with new status, for cruises book onboard. Just call and have credit applied.

Now... if we were 3 points from Diamond and had the time I'm sure we would find a 3-4 day cruise to plug the hole - especially before a longer cruise where the DL benefits could be enjoyed longer.

Thanks

I don't actually think they were being 'unhelpful' as they were telling you how the system works. You do not change tier mid cruise.

Edited by Albert Ross

We needed 8 points to get to Diamond Plus. We did a 5 night cruise in December on the Liberty (Junior Suite booked before Diamonds in December announcement). We saw the LA on the Liberty who emailed the LA on the Allure so we got our Diamond Plus amenities on the Allure. We had only one night between cruises. They will give you the next level before its 'posted' on the computer but not until after the cruise ends.

Is there anyway to take a short cruise before your long one?

Hate to burst your bubble but it won't happen on the cruise your on, sorry.