Moving up to next level in Crown and anchor mid cruise

Lindypops

I recently completed 24 Night Transpacific on the Explorer, I started at Gold (7 points), as I was sailing solo, I got double points, so I blew past Platinum and went straight to Emerald. There was nothing granted/given acknowledged as I crossed into Platinum, I did hint at it, but the Ambassador said it all happens post completed cruise.

It would be nice to be acknowledged mid cruise, but I guess that is just one of those things.

The only tier level move that is recognized mid-cruise is D+ to Pinnacle. All others are recognized on the subsequent cruise as already pointed out by policy.

If you think about it most tier changes occur mid-cruise as the timing to end one cruise with the exact points required to reach the next tier at the start of the next cruise would be rather rare. They almost always occur mid-cruise as a result, and it does take a little administrative time for C & A to close out a cruise and tally each passengers points.

So, again, no - you won't see the benefits of the next tier mid-cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Not sure why this post was revived - it's over five years old. I'm sure the OP's ship has long sailed and since they didn't come back to boast that rules were "broken" for them I'll have to conclude that they were not.

We became Diamond after 1 night of our 12 night cruise and tried to get our Diamond benefits but had to wait until our next cruise. That was the answer we expected but it doesn't hurt to ask. Enjoy your cruise and just think of the bonus you will get the next cruise. I believe the nightly event the other person was speaking about was the free drinks in the Diamond Lounge from 4:30 to 8:00. You are also able to go to any bar between those same hours and get 3 drinks.

Not sure why this post was revived - it's over five years old. I'm sure the OP's ship has long sailed and since they didn't come back to boast that rules were "broken" for them I'll have to conclude that they were not.

Good point! But it is a frequently asked question. :)

I understand what they are saying about rules but rules are made to be broken, I hope :)

As we are on such a long cruise it would be nice to have Platinum benefits for some of it, I will try when we are on the ship.

There is very little more that you're going to get for being platinum. What are you thinking is the big incentive?

Yeah, why is this thread dug up from five years ago anyway?? :o

Make more sense to start a new one...like the many...many...many others on this same subject. ;)

It's interesting to see old threads brought up like this, but given how many fresh ones for the same question come up every week, it's not the worst thing in the world.

I think more people are googling topics and not actually looking at dates. The original date of thread is the first thing I check now. I have seen threads over 10 years old being resurrected, and a lot of info is out of date.

I wish threads were locked after a certain amount of time.

I recently completed 24 Night Transpacific on the Explorer, I started at Gold (7 points), as I was sailing solo, I got double points, so I blew past Platinum and went straight to Emerald. There was nothing granted/given acknowledged as I crossed into Platinum, I did hint at it, but the Ambassador said it all happens post completed cruise.

It would be nice to be acknowledged mid cruise, but I guess that is just one of those things.

It was "just one of those things" five years ago, and the policy still stands. :)

Has anyone tried to get upgraded in Crown and anchor mid cruise?

We are Emerald and only need 2 more on board nights to move up to the next level, we have booked our next cruise which is 18 nights.

Think about this.. Since you listed cocktails in the diamond lounge as a perk your looking forward to, on your 18 night cruise the free cocktails are unlimited in the lounge as well as 3 vouchers good at any bar on the ship. Averaging 4 cocktails per night at $12.00 per drink you will be getting about $864.00 of free cocktails each. You can book the 3 night Independence of the Seas Taste of Bruges cruise for under $500.00 per person. Take a free cruise on Rccl's dime. happy cruising

Just to advise the only C&A recognition that happens on a current cruise is when you obtain the cruise day/point level that gives you the MILESTONE CRYSTAL BLOCK that is presented on the cruise that you obtain that level. Bob & Nancy The Villages , Florida

Just to advise the only C&A recognition that happens on a current cruise is when you obtain the cruise day/point level that gives you the MILESTONE CRYSTAL BLOCK that is presented on the cruise that you obtain that level. Bob & Nancy The Villages , Florida

I've seen several new Pinnacle members recognized on the cruise on which they earn their 700th point.

We were Platinum for three cruises. Got no recognition except on our Sea Pass card. Not that I really expected anything. The last night of our last cruise we came back from dinner with one (must be like the glass things I read about "one per household") cheap little pin on a card congratulating us for reaching Platinum - one night shy of reaching Emerald. Makes me wonder how many cruises it will take for them to realize we turned Emerald?? :o

We are Emerald and only need 2 more on board nights to move up to the next level, we have booked our next cruise which is 18 nights.

I have called Crown and anchor people here in the UK and they say they only add the new points 10 days after the end of a cruise, and were unhelpful when I said we only had 2 days to qualify.

I was intending to go to the loyalty ambassador on board to try but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this

Thanks

We were Emrald prior to our May 13 sailing.....we had some issues with our booking and the c&a supervisor bumped us to diamond a week prior to our sailing....diamond lounge, drinks, expedited boarding and disembarking was great! Call crown and anchor!

I've also seen people try to get "promoted" to the next level mid cruise and it just didn't happen. Of course some of them get angry. :confused:

Gina

No harm in asking but don't see any reason for people get angry. I agree with others on this thread, you earn points after you complete the cruise. You don't get promoted mid cruise.

I have called Crown and anchor people here in the UK and they say they only add the new points 10 days after the end of a cruise, and were unhelpful when I said we only had 2 days to qualify.

I was intending to go to the loyalty ambassador on board to try but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this

Thanks

It is only AFTER the cruise no upgrades during a cruise!

Sometimes they will upgrade between a B2B.....