Costa Concordia - I survived

mickey_d_mouse

Michelle - So glad you are home safe and given some time you are feeling better.

I want to correct the previous posting about the Costa Serena and Deliziosia. They are different hulls/class of ship. The Serena matches the Concordia. They are not the same design as the Deliziosia & Luminiosza.

I know they are different ships when the Costa Serena was in port in Savona on the 28th of December 2011, the Costa Delizioza was on the other side of the dock sailing out for its maiden around the world voyage there was a huge fanfare and sirens blowing and party atmosphere which we watched from our balcony on the Costa Serena

u sound like a person i would be happy to converse with away from here, and I'd want to stay in contact with, if u wish - we can Facebook. Ok. let me know..., all the best ok. if not,. no worries also.

message me I have had so many people who I dont know try to "Friend" me on facebook and just keep rejecting.

Michelle, did you say that Royal Caribbean (RCI) welcomed you home?

I am so glad that you made it and sure do hope that some of your belongings are recovered. Thank you so much for posting.

RCI in Oz is the timeshare people, I exchanged a timeshare week for a discount on the cruise. and there assciated travel agency booked my crusies and airfares.

Michelle ... you must have been in Savona when we came back in on the Deliziosa on the 28th, the Serena and the other ship were moored to the Right of Deliziosa.

Yes we went to Monaco for the day (Katharine wanted to see "another" country", we were waving from our balcony as the Delizioza sailed out

yes some of the info is a little incorrct though

Welcome Back to Posting Michelle.

If I may speak on behalf of the other posters, we are so sorry for all you’ve been through.

You have been through a harrowing experience, so take as much rest and sleeping aid you need. Glass of wine always helps. :p

Cruise die-hards are following the news on a daily basis.

Not to say it's all correct. :rolleyes: ;)

So please keep us informed of any updates.

I'm so glad that you got out safely, but very sorry to hear about all the trouble you went through in Rome because of a lack of action on Costa's part.

I hope you get a swift resolution to the financial portion of your recovery, and also to the emotional/mental portion. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through :(

On another note, I had the pleasure of visiting Australia back in 2010 (land based vacation) and went to Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane and Melbourne. Melbourne was my favorite :D People tend to be surprised when I tell them I liked Melbourne more than Sydney. If they had ever stayed at the Hotel Windsor though, they might understand. It was a fabulous five days.

should say GP gave me some temazipan ( bet thats spelt wrong) and I slept without my mind going haywire for a whole 10 hours I feel so much better. Today is a public holiday Australia Day ( have to man a scout BBQ for 2 hours this arvo) so with another full nights sleep tonight and tommorow and catching up with lots of friends at a historic re-enactment event on Saturday by Sunday I hope to feel almost normal again.

Take whatever you need to help you sleep through the night! You've been through a life changing experience, and it is totally understandable that you will be rattled for some time.

You mentioned Australia day. We were in Melbourne in 2006 for Australia day and had a wonderful time. We're looking forward to our visit next year on the Diamond Princess.

Take care, Michelle, and I seriously hope that Costa comes through with enough compensation so that you won't have to go the class action route. Not that it will change anything that happened, but it Costa needs to start doing the right thing.

P.S. Just edited because I noticed your signature included 5 hours on the Concordia. Glad to see that you have a sense of humor about the situation. It will no doubt serve you well in the weeks and months ahead!

Julie

I'm so glad that you got out safely, but very sorry to hear about all the trouble you went through in Rome because of a lack of action on Costa's part.

I hope you get a swift resolution to the financial portion of your recovery, and also to the emotional/mental portion. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through :(

On another note, I had the pleasure of visiting Australia back in 2010 (land based vacation) and went to Sydney, Cairns, Brisbane and Melbourne. Melbourne was my favorite :D People tend to be surprised when I tell them I liked Melbourne more than Sydney. If they had ever stayed at the Hotel Windsor though, they might understand. It was a fabulous five days.

Anyone with an ounce of class likes melbourne more than Sydney, glad you are one of them :-)

Way off topic, but what kind of historical reenactment do you do?

We do three kinds, we do 14th Century representing White Company mercanaries under Sir John Hawkwood through the 100 years war and fighting in Italy ( took a lovely pic of us with his tapestry in the Duomo in Florence) alas all gone.

We also do Napoleonic wars the 95th rifles made famous by the Sharpe Books & Movies

We also do Southern Cross Trappers representing American Mountain men, of the 18th & early 19th Century.

Mickey, I can tell you are a wonderful person with a reasonable, realistic, good attitude. You aren't sitting here crying and whining after the he** you have been through. I totally respect that about you. I'm so glad you and your daughter are safe, and as you know, that's what matters the most. So do keep that in mind each time you feel like you can't sleep or are having a bad day.

Anyone with an ounce of class likes melbourne more than Sydney, glad you are one of them :-)

I think I've just lost all respect for you Michelle;)......just kidding!!:) Sydney does have the best harbour in the world though. But I too, love Melbourne.

I just wanted to say thankyou for your story.I hope you and your famly gets home safe and sound. WOW I would be very pissed off and for putting you and your family in harmsway that Captian is going to get his for being so dum:mad:. and the staff that were telling you to go back to your rooms what were they thinking :mad:.The people that have lost there lives because of a DUM move i hope he gets whats coming to him. Thankyou again.

Hi Michelle,

Glad you made it home ok. I am so sorry over what happened to you and others. When I heard about the Concordia I immediately thought of you because you were one of the few posters here sailing Costa around the same time I was. That brings back some fond memories. You were on the Serena and I was on the Concordia when all 3 Costa ships were in port and the Deliziosa sailed first out of Savona on her world cruise. The three ships blasting their horns three times in salute, the hankies, the music, the fanfare was so fun. Truly a shame what happened, I wish you and your family the best.

The Deliziosa is in the US already, when we were on the Serena on the 28th December,2011 in Savona it sailed out with huge fanfare on its first round the world voyage I guess that was a few weeks ago now.

I was in Melbourne and Sydeny for a mo th back in 2006, everyone thought being from NYC I would love Sydney more but I fell in love with Melbourne and wasn't impressed with Sydney at all.

I have heard that a lot from U.S. visitors. Sydney has the beautiful harbour and Opera House but we have the lovely gardens, the gracious city and fantastic shopping and restaurants. I am so glad you loved our city. We love New York and we are looking forward to returning in October this year. It is such an exciting place to be.;)

Jennie

Hello Michelle

How are you today? and your daughter?

Thank for your time for your story.

My husband asked me the question that he want to know how you get flight home without passport?

Did Embassey help you and book the flight for you both?

I told my husband that when you booked the cruise and you give the details name, address, passport nos etc...

Thats why, now I realised I filled out the details and realised about it.

Oh I love Australia, my family and I had been there three times...

Take care

Scottishwee35

I have heard that a lot from U.S. visitors. Sydney has the beautiful harbour and Opera House but we have the lovely gardens, the gracious city and fantastic shopping and restaurants. I am so glad you loved our city. We love New York and we are looking forward to returning in October this year. It is such an exciting place to be.;)

Jennie

I have a friend who lives in Melbourne, she is always posting pictures of the flowers and animals. I would love to visit there. I would only go by ship as I dont like flying. But I would love to see the opera house. I love the building.

Jennie

We were at the Hotel Ibis right by the Victoria Market and it was amazing. I want to go back so bad!

I love New York but am looking forward to an out of state move once I'm done with my masters in Dec.

I have a friend who lives in Melbourne, she is always posting pictures of the flowers and animals. I would love to visit there. I would only go by ship as I dont like flying. But I would love to see the opera house. I love the building.

The Opera House is in Sydney and it's an amazing thing to see!

We do three kinds, we do 14th Century representing White Company mercanaries under Sir John Hawkwood through the 100 years war and fighting in Italy ( took a lovely pic of us with his tapestry in the Duomo in Florence) alas all gone.

We also do Napoleonic wars the 95th rifles made famous by the Sharpe Books & Movies

We also do Southern Cross Trappers representing American Mountain men, of the 18th & early 19th Century.

My DH is planning on taking the motor home to Emu Valley in Queensland for the weekend re-enactment celebration there. Will you be there or have you ever been there. I dont know what to expect (or whether I would be interested):confused:

My DH is planning on taking the motor home to Emu Valley in Queensland for the weekend re-enactment celebration there. Will you be there or have you ever been there. I dont know what to expect (or whether I would be interested):confused:

Emu valley is a WWI and WWII re-enactment event, I havent been before, but I am sure it will be a great weekend, the bext weekend event in Queensland is the Abbey Medieval Festival which is held in July. But I think you would have fun at Emu Valley.

Hi Michelle

Read all your posts with interest - you are one fantastic lady to come through all you have. Got to say.........I love your new signature. Made me chuckle. Keep well.

I love Melbourne too. I think it's the best City in Aus. Full of life - easy to get round - just one fabulous place.

Would move there in a flash - but have all the family here in Perth. Have friends in Melbourne and we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO Jelous.

Archived