Concordia - lets give the stupid questions a rest!

SeaSickGill

I was put off cruising for life I'm afraid by the dreadful Azura last year (A108 I think) and haven't been on here since, but in the light of the tragedy that is unfolding I decided to see what the reaction is. I am stunned by folks on here still asking the same old stupid questions about what time breakfast is? how much shall I tip the butler and why day is bloody eggs benedict served at breakfast. For goodness sake everyone get a grip- it isn't important and lets think about those lost and hope that it doesn't happen again. Just a thought>:(

I was put off cruising for life I'm afraid by the dreadful Azura last year (A108 I think) and haven't been on here since, but in the light of the tragedy that is unfolding I decided to see what the reaction is. I am stunned by folks on here still asking the same old stupid questions about what time breakfast is? how much shall I tip the butler and why day is bloody eggs benedict served at breakfast. For goodness sake everyone get a grip- it isn't important and lets think about those lost and hope that it doesn't happen again. Just a thought>:(

ITS A STUPID THOUGHT, - EVEN MORE STUPID THAN STUPID QUESTIONS!

Lets get this straight, you are not cruising again, you haven't been on here for ages, and then you come back on here, and tell US!!! what we can discuss on this forum?

What a liberty!:eek:

I have been a member on this site for 7 years (re-registered a few years ago after a computer problem) and daily answer such questions like what time breakfast is?, should we take towels for the pool, is black and white night a formal night? etc.etc.... but I ALWAYS patiently answer the question every time it is asked and never, ever, ever call the poster stupid for asking it. What you must remember is that a newbie cruiser won't know the answer, and is coming on this CRUISE FORUM, to find the answer. As new members constantly join the site the same questions will be asked.

The loss of Concordia has nothing atall to do with 'repetitive ' questions being asked on this forum, and we will also discuss the Concordia accident if we so desire.

I am annoyed and irritated by your thread. If you think this forum is not for you, then bye bye !:mad:

. For goodness sake everyone get a grip- it isn't important and lets think about those lost and hope that it doesn't happen again. Just a thought>:(

p.s. If we all 'thought about those lost', and 'sat hoping it didn't happen again' this forum would be empty with no post and no replys?:rolleyes:

VERY USEFUL !

What she said!!! :D

And besides, the sinking of the Concordia was only one of MANY MANY tragedies that occurred around the World yesterday. If we were to go into mourning and wear sackcloth for all of them......???

And another besides - I still haven't got a satisfactory answer in the Cunard sub-forum as to whether I can take scissors onboard Cunard ships. -- But I do know the answer to that regarding P&O UK ships (if anybody ever asks the question! :))

Barry

could I just say, the ship "HAS NOT SUNK". It is aground on her side. Sinking means going to the bottom of the sea. Get it right.

Jean

The ship HAS sunk. It IS sitting on the bottom of the sea. The depth of the ocean varies from place to place. :)

Barry

What she said!!! :D

And besides, the sinking of the Concordia was only one of MANY MANY tragedies that occurred around the World yesterday. If we were to go into mourning and wear sackcloth for all of them......???

And another besides - I still haven't got a satisfactory answer in the Cunard sub-forum as to whether I can take scissors onboard Cunard ships. -- But I do know the answer to that regarding P&O UK ships (if anybody ever asks the question! :))

Barry

Just to answer your question Barry - it is the same on Cunard as on P&O - yes you can take scissors, but they have to be in main luggage, not hand luggage. This also applies if you want to take a small fruit knife (as I often do) as the knives in the cabins/buffet etc are useless at peeling fruit!

I asked questions before my recent first cruise and received help and advice.

Also surely most of the SO CALLED silly questions were before the tragedy anyway.

I am sure that a lot of our thoughts are with the bereaved and the rescued. Been thinking of them all a lot today, as have all the concerned people on the forum. I am sure of that. Bit of an insult to assume that we have not.

p.s. If we all 'thought about those lost', and 'sat hoping it didn't happen again' this forum would be empty with no post and no replys?:rolleyes:

VERY USEFUL !

LibraLass

I agree with you 100%.

You always give such informative, positive answers, thank you xx

Oh the irony... What you have posted is a prime example of a 'stupid post'. Yes, nobody is questioning the fact that the Concordia incident is a tragedy, and yes it is still ongoing, but that doesn't mean everybody should stop posting. As people have said, there are those who have perfectly sensible questions about cruising that we are happy to answer. In fact, there are far too many Concordia threads than those discussing other matters. Going on and on about it is not going to do anything. If you don't like it, go and crawl into your little hole until everyone still on the ship has been found. Thousands of people die every day, accident or not, and the world keeps going on. Deal with it, and stop being so selfish.

Archived