The Lady is Defending The Captain....

USNUZULOOSE

It is my understanding (from traveling a number of ships ) that the bridge is off limits to everyone except the staff/Officers who normally work there. That excludes "bits on the side", entertainers, unauthorised members of the crew, etc .

A friend of mine who had been a sea Captain for many years wanted to go on the bridge of QM2, Commodore Warner explained it was against regulations.

BTW having dined with the Cmd. at least five times, and been with him at social events I can confirm that he only drank Perrier water never alcohol , he also once told me that he was "never off duty" when at sea. and that "no member of the ships company (crew/Officers) were "off duty" when at sea, even when ashore"

I'm not a crash investigator but the Telegraph says 00:42.

So if he is on the bridge at 23:50 he couldn't have been stuck for an hour in the lifeboat he tripped into :eek: He surely wasn't stuck for as long as he said, but I'm sure in that situation a minute feels like an hour:D

Think I'll change my CC name to Sherlock

Eventually, Capt Bosio began to evacuate the ship, at 10.45pm, some 13 minutes before Schettino gave the abandon-ship instruction.

A further damning conversation took place between Schettino and coastguard official Gregorio De Falco at 12.42am, two hours before the majority of the ship’s passengers and crew were evacuated.

Thanks babygoo

I'm not wanting to defend the captain's actions but a lot of "experts" on here are adding 2+2 and getting 5.

It is my understanding (from traveling a number of ships ) that the bridge is off limits to everyone except the staff/Officers who normally work there. That excludes "bits on the side", entertainers, unauthorised members of the crew, etc .

A friend of mine who had been a sea Captain for many years wanted to go on the bridge of QM2, Commodore Warner explained it was against regulations.

BTW having dined with the Cmd. at least five times, and been with him at social events I can confirm that he only drank Perrier water never alcohol , he also once told me that he was "never off duty" when at sea. and that "no member of the ships company (crew/Officers) were "off duty" when at sea, even when ashore"

You are dead right, the Bridge is off limits to everyone and I am sure company policy states this, mind you, he hasn't followed company policy according to reports. Whats interesting is why haven't any of the officers that were on the bridge come out and confirmed these "supposed" actions by the Captain. There has been no confirmation at all. Which in itself is not surprising, because if they are good company people they will be forbidden to make public statement. Just my thoughts

I have been on the bridge of 7 different RCI ships.

I have been in the engine control room of three, and the actual engine room of one

I have hundreds of photos of each.

Once, I dined at a Captain's table for dinner. The Captain did not drink any alcohol.

Quote"Leave the guy alone. We weren't there..we don't know what happened or didn't happen on the ship..I am not defending any errors that were made but you know something..if he did have some other lady on the side, he's not any worse than some of you probably."

you have got to be having a laugh, you are comparing a normal bloke with a bit on the side with someone who is responsible for the lives of over 4000 people having his bit on the side next to him which could well have been a contributing factor towards this disaster.

The point we are trying to make is that no one knows for a fact that this young woman is actually "a bit on the side". There's no proof for that! It's just gossip right now! Pure and simple! I'm not defending the Captain in any way, shape, or form; I'm defending the fact that there is no proof that the young woman was doing anything wrong other than trying to translate instructions for some Russian passengers and the fact that this unconfirmed gossip is probably causing the Captain's innocent wife a great deal of pain; that's all I'm defending, not the Captain.

The point we are trying to make is that no one knows for a fact that this young woman is actually "a bit on the side". There's no proof for that! It's just gossip right now! Pure and simple! I'm not defending the Captain in any way, shape, or form; I'm defending the fact that there is no proof that the young woman was doing anything wrong other than trying to translate instructions for some Russian passengers and the fact that this unconfirmed gossip is probably causing the Captain's innocent wife a great deal of pain; that's all I'm defending, not the Captain.
Y

Quote"Leave the guy alone. We weren't there..we don't know what happened or didn't happen on the ship..I am not defending any errors that were made but you know something..if he did have some other lady on the side, he's not any worse than some of you probably."

If you read the quote above you will see that the poster bought the subject of the captain haing a bit on the side and that he is no worse than any of us, I was making the point that if he did then how can you compare him to a normal bloke with a bit on the side, as he was responsible for a cruise liner and the lives of over 4000 people, people are using the phrase 2+2=5 but I would also quote that other saying "there's no smoke without fire ".

You are dead right, the Bridge is off limits to everyone and I am sure company policy states this, mind you, he hasn't followed company policy according to reports. Whats interesting is why haven't any of the officers that were on the bridge come out and confirmed these "supposed" actions by the Captain. There has been no confirmation at all. Which in itself is not surprising, because if they are good company people they will be forbidden to make public statement. Just my thoughts

I don't think you are correct that the bridge is "off limits" on some cruises with lots of sea days they organise Bridge Tours. Please get your facts correct

As a direct result of registering for a CC meeting aboard Constellation we had a bridge tour on one of the sea days.

We saw similar tours aboard Solstice too but missed out on the invite list.

It's only when you have been on the board yourself that you realise how vast it is. I reckon there would have been quite a number of personnel on the Concordia bridge when it was all "kicking off"

You'd miss the point if you sat on it. I was agreeing with another poster who said that it really wasnt that nice to be discussing the guy having another woman on the side. Like you were there to decide that this is the reason why he made his error.

Enough with the fagglebasket comments from you, please.

you have got to be having a laugh, you are comparing a normal bloke with a bit on the side with someone who is responsible for the lives of over 4000 people having his bit on the side next to him which could well have been a contributing factor towards this disaster.

Obviously this woman is not speaking on behalf of Costa. No company in the world would let random employees speak to the media on behalf of the company in the midst of a crisis. In face, most large companies specifically prohibit employees from speaking with the media, instructing them to direct all inquiries to the appropriate spokesperson.

If she does work for Costa, they need to shut her up. If she doesn't then Costa needs to make that clear to the press.

Personally, I think her story stinks to high heaven, but the truth will come out eventually.

Obviously this woman is not speaking on behalf of Costa. No company in the world would let random employees speak to the media on behalf of the company in the midst of a crisis. In face, most large companies specifically prohibit employees from speaking with the media, instructing them to direct all inquiries to the appropriate spokesperson.

If she does work for Costa, they need to shut her up. If she doesn't then Costa needs to make that clear to the press.

Personally, I think her story stinks to high heaven, but the truth will come out eventually.

She finished her current contract with Costa.

Do you think the same about the doctor, the priest, Basio, the officer/machinest whose name escapes me, the dancers, the employee who posted on Facebook (again, can't remember her name)...Costa employees all.

Too bad he did not have another dinner companion to translate for the english speaking passengers.

In this post alcohol consumption by officers was mentioned. At the gym today. some people who like to cruise said they saw a TV program that said the Concordia captain had been drinking. Is this accurate or is it gossip?

In this post alcohol consumption by officers was mentioned. At the gym today. some people who like to cruise said they saw a TV program that said the Concordia captain had been drinking. Is this accurate or is it gossip?

None of us were there so we are only going on reports. Crew report that they served him and his dinner companions a full carafe of red wine and that the Captain drank some and the last in the carafe was poured into his glass.

I personally feel that when a Captain is on the ship he is on duty 24/7 and as such he should not drink alcohol while on the ship.:)

Like I said, enough with the fagglebasket comments by you. Go fry some bigger fish, or find something to occupy ok?

Like I said before..I am not defending the guy or his actions, and I side with the other poster who said it was really fodder and gossip to start making all these speculations if he was messing around with another woman on the side and that isn't nice to do to anyone. And yes, I did say that if it was true, then he isn't any better than some of the posters here (maybe your one of them for all we know) who does the very same thing.

Y

If you read the quote above you will see that the poster bought the subject of the captain haing a bit on the side and that he is no worse than any of us, I was making the point that if he did then how can you compare him to a normal bloke with a bit on the side, as he was responsible for a cruise liner and the lives of over 4000 people, people are using the phrase 2+2=5 but I would also quote that other saying "there's no smoke without fire ".

La Repubblica says the toxicology report was negative, and it was supposed to be able to check for alchohol as well, albeit not as efficiently as an immediate bloodtest.

So it hasn't been proven that he had been drinking, which isn't quite the same as proving that he hadn't been.

Like I said, enough with the fagglebasket comments by you. Go fry some bigger fish, or find something to occupy ok?

Like I said before..I am not defending the guy or his actions, and I side with the other poster who said it was really fodder and gossip to start making all these speculations if he was messing around with another woman on the side and that isn't nice to do to anyone. And yes, I did say that if it was true, then he isn't any better than some of the posters here (maybe your one of them for all we know) who does the very same thing.

Firstly, i dont have a clue what fagglebasket means so unfortunatley i will have to pass on that one.

Second, you actually said " he's not any worse than some of you probably."

Third, If I was lucky enought to have a bit on the side !! I would conduct my business in a private place not on the bridge of a ship while having the lives of over 4000 people in my charge.

Lastly, the speculations were not started from some on here, they came from news media outlets, as others have said this woman should not have been on the bridge and the captain should be professional enough not to put himself in a position where any extra curriculum activities could be seen to be taking place.

Has anyone verified if Domnica does in fact have a 2yr old child (as reported in the Daily Mail)?

If the Daily Mail is correct, I find it strange that she would finish her contract with Costa and then go back to a ship in her vacation time. You would think she would want to spend as much time with her child as possible when she got the chance to be off contract :confused:

Archived