The Lady is Defending The Captain....

USNUZULOOSE

and Captain Schettino is under house arrest, I assume with his wife:eek:, boy he has some "s'plainin" to do....he thought he had problems before... you know what they say about karma!

more pathetic by the minute...

I don't think people should rush to judgment or make comments about personal relationships they know nothing about. I'm thinking of the Captain's wife and how badly she must feel about all the negative stuff that is being said about her husband. Whether he is a coward or not he's still her husband and unless people know all the facts about his personal relationship with this young woman, they shouldn't make nasty comments about it. People could be making problems where none exist and causing his wife great emotional pain for no reason other than to gossip. JMHO

If this woman says she was on the Bridge at a given time then who are you lot out there in CC land to say otherwise? where is your proof to say otherwise?

oh yeah a friend of an uncles aunt saw her! yeah right.

Did she help the captain into his lifeboat ? I mean did she also fall in ?

Was she found in the lifeboat with the ships officers ?

In an interview she gave for a news agency in her own country, she stated that she was on the bridge interpreting announcements until the captain ordered her to a lifeboat. She then found her way to a lifeboat, assisting passengers, specifically a little girl whose parent was in shock and needed both hands to hold a baby. The lifeboat had difficulties launching and was way under capacity, at which point they sailed around looking for survivers in the water, rescuing some and finally came to the island dock around 12:30 or 1:00 am.

What I read was a computerized translation of this from an Italian news source, so it was difficult to catch all the details.

You are so right..sometimes these bulletin boards are nothing more than a watercooler where people gather to gossip

Leave the guy alone. We weren't there..we don't know what happened or didn't happen on the ship..I am not defending any errors that were made but you know something..if he did have some other lady on the side, he's not any worse than some of you probably.

I don't think people should rush to judgment or make comments about personal relationships they know nothing about. I'm thinking of the Captain's wife and how badly she must feel about all the negative stuff that is being said about her husband. Whether he is a coward or not he's still her husband and unless people know all the facts about his personal relationship with this young woman, they shouldn't make nasty comments about it. People could be making problems where none exist and causing his wife great emotional pain for no reason other than to gossip. JMHO

Please can one of you maritime crash investigator experts remind me of the exact time the Livorno coast guard spoke to the captain to get back on board?

Well, I don't qualify under your specifications, as I'm not a maritime crash investigator expert, but I can do websearches and read. I did find a timeline here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204468004577168762570407898.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_News_BlogsModule

It's under "Final Hours" and I can't, of course, verify its accuracy. But at least it's the Wall Street Journal and not the Daily Mail.

According to this timeline, there were two calls, one at 12:42 and one at 1:46. The conversation I heard and the translations I have read didn't specify that they were two separate calls.

I don't think people should rush to judgment or make comments about personal relationships they know nothing about. I'm thinking of the Captain's wife and how badly she must feel about all the negative stuff that is being said about her husband.

I feel badly for Domnica, too, and her parents who say they purchased the cruise for her. How must they feel?

Oh come on people, stop defending the guy, he done wrong big time and must be made to pay for his stupid mistakes. Of course there are going to be people that will come out and support him. The facts will be released, with a proper time line and until then all this is just juicy gossip (I am enjoying reading it all) but you need to put it in persepective.

The facts up till now are:

He steered too close to the shore

The ship hit rocks

The ship half sunk

He was on a lifeboat when he shouldn't have been

He abandoned ship

The rest of it doesn't matter (except the dead and missing, god bless their souls) and we will have to wait for the outcome. Justice will be done (albeit Italian style).

I have been on a Costa Cruise, and none of this surprises me. It is a @#$# fight at all times, just glad I wasn't on this one

Quote"Leave the guy alone. We weren't there..we don't know what happened or didn't happen on the ship..I am not defending any errors that were made but you know something..if he did have some other lady on the side, he's not any worse than some of you probably."

you have got to be having a laugh, you are comparing a normal bloke with a bit on the side with someone who is responsible for the lives of over 4000 people having his bit on the side next to him which could well have been a contributing factor towards this disaster.

The idea that they were calling that hole in the ship an electrical issue is revolting.

How can you hit a rock, tear a huge hole in your ship and not know it?

The guy knew he did wrong by sailing too close to shore and he was in panic mode, knowing her screwed up and made a decision to NOT do anything until WAY too late which cost people their lives.

There is no defending this man.

I can't imagine how he is going to live with this.....

you have got to be having a laugh, you are comparing a normal bloke with a bit on the side with someone who is responsible for the lives of over 4000 people having his bit on the side next to him which could well have been a contributing factor towards this disaster.

1. How do you know she was a bit on the side?

2. How do you know she was next to him during the collision?

3. Even if she was there, why would you assume that with 20 or so people on the bridge, it must be the fault of this particular one?

Being young, pretty and female is not a crime, nor does it make you responsible for the ills of the world.

Even though she wasn't a current member of the crew, she says she used her Costa training to assist people in the crisis. Another off-duty Costa employee said the same thing and was hailed a hero.

Please can one of you maritime crash investigator experts remind me of the exact time the Livorno coast guard spoke to the captain to get back on board?

I'm not a crash investigator but the Telegraph says 00:42.

So if he is on the bridge at 23:50 he couldn't have been stuck for an hour in the lifeboat he tripped into :eek: He surely wasn't stuck for as long as he said, but I'm sure in that situation a minute feels like an hour:D

Think I'll change my CC name to Sherlock

Eventually, Capt Bosio began to evacuate the ship, at 10.45pm, some 13 minutes before Schettino gave the abandon-ship instruction.

A further damning conversation took place between Schettino and coastguard official Gregorio De Falco at 12.42am, two hours before the majority of the ship’s passengers and crew were evacuated.

Archived