How many threads are you subscribed to?

italianfemmy

Just thought it would be fun to find out from everyone how many threads they're subscribed to!

Also, if you feel like it... you can say what kinds of threads are your favorite to read!

I am subscribed to 58 which I feel is a ton but I may be in for a shocker here when other people weigh in!

My favorite threads are the roll call threads because I always make great friends before cruising and keep them for life (well so far anyway!)

My 2nd favorite threads to read on here are member reviews where I feel like I get to know the people that are writing them. Makes it feel like a community and makes me excited about the people.

So far I've only "subscribed" to 1 thread (a lovely review with TONS of professional pics) however I've noticed if I comment, I get email reminders when someone posts there as well...which works for me as a newbie.

Also, I'm reallllly liking reviews, tips, etc. I'll be looking for a packing tips thread soon because I just KNOW I'll overpack (fear is underpacking) for my 1st cruise.

I've never subscribed to any thread. lol

zero now and zero that I know of in the past. What happens they send you a email every time someone posts?

Actually, you can have emails once a day, every time someone posts, once a week, once a month or never.

I choose never. When you're subscribed to a thread, all you have to do is click on "User CP" and the thread title will be in bold blue if there are new posts on it right there. It's super convenient. The most recently commented one stays up top. It'll be a non bolded red color when you've read it up to date.

It makes it really convenient to stay up to date on threads you care about instead of having to go digging through pages and pages.

I like to subscribe to reviews where they had interesting tidbits like "where the yummy food is" or "where the secret door is". Then when it gets close to me cruising, I pull it up, refresh my memory and know what to do.

That's how I knew about the Pasta Bar on the Dream before I went! Yum!!

Edited: On second thought, I think they're bold red if they're new posts. Light red if they've been read. And bold blue if you've let them sit for a while or something. Crap.. I don't remember!

italianfemmy

I would have subscribed to your review if I had have know how to do it. As it was every day I would go looking for it.

You are an amazing photographer and your written words kept me wanting more. You have an incredible talent.

Thanks for starting this thread. I now know how to subscribe. :)

Just thought it would be fun to find out from everyone how many threads they're subscribed to!

Also, if you feel like it... you can say what kinds of threads are your favorite to read!

I am subscribed to 58 which I feel is a ton but I may be in for a shocker here when other people weigh in!

My favorite threads are the roll call threads because I always make great friends before cruising and keep them for life (well so far anyway!)

My 2nd favorite threads to read on here are member reviews where I feel like I get to know the people that are writing them. Makes it feel like a community and makes me excited about the people.

Way too many. 10971. Looks more like my ZIP Code.

I'm subcribed to 4.

Two roll calls and there's two couples that are doing the World Cruise on HAL that are each doing a "live from" type thread.

I'll probably never do a WC, but I sure do like reading about it!

None, The threads that I want to read and/or comment on are on the 1st or 2nd page. I don't go digging through older threads and I personally feel that threads that haven't had a post in over a year should be deleted or at least locked.

The roll calls for upcoming cruises and that new thread about the picture. Curious to see what it is we're supposed to be seeing in it. :confused: As soon as I know what the hoopty about it is, I'll unsubscribe.

Actually, you can have emails once a day, every time someone posts, once a week, once a month or never.

I choose never. When you're subscribed to a thread, all you have to do is click on "User CP" and the thread title will be in bold blue if there are new posts on it right there. It's super convenient. The most recently commented one stays up top. It'll be a non bolded red color when you've read it up to date.

It makes it really convenient to stay up to date on threads you care about instead of having to go digging through pages and pages.

I like to subscribe to reviews where they had interesting tidbits like "where the yummy food is" or "where the secret door is". Then when it gets close to me cruising, I pull it up, refresh my memory and know what to do.

That's how I knew about the Pasta Bar on the Dream before I went! Yum!!

Edited: On second thought, I think they're bold red if they're new posts. Light red if they've been read. And bold blue if you've let them sit for a while or something. Crap.. I don't remember!

There's probably a simple answer to this question. On my computer at work, whenever I select a thread to read and/or post to, it is highlighted in red. However, when I do the same thing on my home computer, it isn't highlighted. I read somewhere else on here that it has to do with the "Cookies" setting, but I don't remember what that setting is supposed to be. What's the answer?

There's probably a simple answer to this question. On my computer at work, whenever I select a thread to read and/or post to, it is highlighted in red. However, when I do the same thing on my home computer, it isn't highlighted. I read somewhere else on here that it has to do with the "Cookies" setting, but I don't remember what that setting is supposed to be. What's the answer?

if you want to get them to stop showing read, log out and in again, or click on MARK FORUMS READ in the quick links drop down box.

Archived