Eclipse footrests

stitchintime

Hi I have am cruising on the Eclipse Feb. 25th. I booked a sunset veranda cabin on deck 8. I am rethinking my cabin choice but don't want to book Aqua class and the Concierge class cabins are full. My question is does anyone know if it will be possible to get footrests on the balcony. I had no idea they were only in AQ and CC class. I normally do all my research prior to booking but was not as diligent this time. I have to sit with my feet up and am wondering if I need to bring a collapsable footrest. Thanks for any help

I have to sit with my feet up and am wondering if I need to bring a collapsable footrest. Thanks for any help

If I were you, I would definitely bring a footrest. From what I've read and by personal experience, they won't give you one. I also need to elevate my feet when I sit, so understand your concern. It's better to be safe than sorry!

Garry

You probably won't be able to get a foot rest... BUT....

Under the bed is a basket containing your life jackets. Take the jackets out and put them back under the bed. Take the basket outside and turn it upside down and it makes a great footrest.

Or you can purchase this inflatable nightstand/footrest and play checkers when you're not using it as a footrest:

th_zJCro22UNeFU2eEQHK1I4q4uiPEm4NeDZxeSRIGs--LHd0JNHvqXpBSd-Zp9Kdo7bc-0KAZa8TgAY8iz4c9uAJPaGwbY4KFt7eC9Jy3G9LZcolRyP2jZjjqXc3dvhySjgprwkrIDmiLm.jpg

Just a thought upon seeing Bighairtexan's inflatable nightstand -- many people already have an inflatable exercise ball at home that can double as a footrest. Deflated it would take up very little room in a suitcase.

The ship's gym typically has such exercise balls so they undoubtedly have a pump to inflate them. I can't see why they would refuse if someone asks to borrow their pump for a few minutes.

I sometimes use my carry-on bag as a footrest and that works nicely too. Nothing extra to buy or take as that is something I always have along on a cruise anyway.

I agree you will likely have no luck in securing a footrest. I usually just pull up the other chair (unless of course DH is using it) and rest my legs on that - or take the chair from the desk and use that. Both of course are higher than the normal footrest so that may or may not work for you. A large blow-up beach ball seems like a good suggestion. If that seems too unstable, maybe a couple of child-sized blow up swim rings placed one on top of the other might work as well.

We had a 1A with a triple-size balcony on the Eclipse and I tried bribing the cabin attendant to bring us footrests. He said he couldn't.

BHT, I'm intrigued by your idea of using the life jacket basket. I'll bet that would work just slick augmented by some of those useless throw pillows in the cabin. Although I'm guessing only one life jacket basket/cabin? I've never peeked under the bed to check it out.

Yes, LINDA, there's just 1 basket but it's big enough that if positioned well, 2 ppl could share it. I like your idea of making it a bit higher by using those throw pillows!!! See? 2 heads are better than one! (unless you have to buy hats I guess).

Ah, great minds! :D I would never have thought you could share it. Guess I have to investigate the hidden places in my cabin more often. That will be perfect--then we don't have to fool around with inflatable stuff.

I do wish Celebrity would equip those larger balconies with footstools, but then I suppose they would start to charge more for them like they did with the secret C1 cabins on the M class, so I guess I'd better shut up and just enjoy my improvised footstool.

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, LINDA, there's just 1 basket but it's big enough that if positioned well, 2 ppl could share it. I like your idea of making it a bit higher by using those throw pillows!!! See? 2 heads are better than one! (unless you have to buy hats I guess).

Love the basket idea, better than mine...I used the coffee table from inside when we had a 1A, but that is easier to move. There are no extra footrests available..we asked. One reason I like AQ..we both easily sunbathed on our balcony with them.

The "basket" isn't as good as a real foot stool, more of a foot rest, but it's better than nothing and you don't have to keep bringing it back and forth, inside and outside, like you'd have to do w the trash can or coffee table. We'd just kind of prop it up in the back corner when not in use.

Love the basket idea, better than mine...I used the coffee table from inside when we had a 1A, but that is easier to move. There are no extra footrests available..we asked. One reason I like AQ..we both easily sunbathed on our balcony with them.

We actually moved that heavy table out on the balcony to gain more room in the cabin! :D But I thought it was too high for a footstool. We just left it in the corner.

Our cabin steward actually brought us footstools for our 1A cabin when we asked for them. We were very appreciative as it was on a 12 day cruise and we had one of those huge hump balconies and really enjoyed having the footstool to use with the lounge chairs. We had a Concierce Class cabin on the cruise before and didn't realize we wouldn't have footstools in the 1A cabin. I guess if the ship isn't full and there are CC or Aqua Class cabins that are unoccupied, they can borrow footstools from those cabins if you ask very nicely.

Archived