Laundry Service Clarification on Allure

I have read dozens of threads and not sure if I'm finding the answer I need regarding laundry service. We are going on consecutive cruises... Liberty for 5 nights, then one day in Fort Lauderdale (at Hilton Marina), then Allure for 7 nights. I want to pack a bit lighter and would like to make use of the ship's laundry service the first day on Allure (to clean all the clothes we wore on the previous cruise). But it seems that all the posts I read everyone talks about the mid-week bag that is delivered to your cabin toward the end of your cruise. Is this just the special they offer (the stuff the bag for a flat fee) or they offer laundry only once during a cruise? Or can I pay the regular per piece price any day of my cruise?

My concern is that if I try to have our hotel do the laundry for our day between cruises there might not be enough time between checking in and checking out to get laundry back. And I don't want to try to find a laundromat in Fort Lauderdale and waste my time doing laundry. And waiting toward the end of the Allure cruise would be too long to wait. So, the most convenient thing would be have our laundry done on Allure during the first day. I am not worried about the cost (but we are Emerald C&A members so we might have a coupon?).

Thank you!

The "bag" of laundry is for non - iron stuff...underwear, pj's, tees...stuff that doesn't need ironing.

You can send laundry out anytime...get it back the next day, if you're willing to pay the price. With a coupon, it should be most affordable!

You have an entire day between cruises (if I'm reading this correctly)....plenty of time to do your laundry at a laundry-mat somewhere. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours of your time!

The "bag" of laundry is for non - iron stuff...underwear, pj's, tees...stuff that doesn't need ironing.

You can send laundry out anytime...get it back the next day, if you're willing to pay the price. With a coupon, it should be most affordable!

You have an entire day between cruises (if I'm reading this correctly)....plenty of time to do your laundry at a laundry-mat somewhere. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours of your time!

Great, thanks for the help, CB. I think I will just plan on sending out our laundry on the day we board Allure. If we do have a coupon it will be well worth it. I have tried to search for a laundromat near our hotel in FLL but there is not one near the hotel so taxi would be involved and I just don't want the hassle of trying to find a laundromat and then spend our precious vacation time waiting at a laundromat. Then again, you never know, we may get into FLL for that day and decide to go for the laundromat but this way we have a choice.

Obviously you probably have checked to see if the hotel you are staying at has a laundry facility. I ask because a lot of them do. I was just in Fort Lauderdale at the Embassy Suites and they have washers and dryers. Maybe one nearby has some and since you usually have to put quarters in...you would not be doing anything wrong.

Good luck.

I have read dozens of threads and not sure if I'm finding the answer I need regarding laundry service. We are going on consecutive cruises... Liberty for 5 nights, then one day in Fort Lauderdale (at Hilton Marina), then Allure for 7 nights. I want to pack a bit lighter and would like to make use of the ship's laundry service the first day on Allure (to clean all the clothes we wore on the previous cruise). But it seems that all the posts I read everyone talks about the mid-week bag that is delivered to your cabin toward the end of your cruise. Is this just the special they offer (the stuff the bag for a flat fee) or they offer laundry only once during a cruise? Or can I pay the regular per piece price any day of my cruise?

My concern is that if I try to have our hotel do the laundry for our day between cruises there might not be enough time between checking in and checking out to get laundry back. And I don't want to try to find a laundromat in Fort Lauderdale and waste my time doing laundry. And waiting toward the end of the Allure cruise would be too long to wait. So, the most convenient thing would be have our laundry done on Allure during the first day. I am not worried about the cost (but we are Emerald C&A members so we might have a coupon?).

Thank you!

Is Royal Caribbean paying for your hotel? They will if you call them. You are doing consecutive cruises...even if it is on different ships. :)

You should already have a $ off coupon in the book from your Liberty cruise. (same coupons) so you can send it out the first day.

The RCCL on board laundry offers an excellent service. We use it all the time. It usually saves us packing and paying for an extra bag. Once on board, look for the laundry form and bag in your cabin. If you can't find it, ask your cabin attendant straight away. If you get the laundry to her/him that day, you'll have it back the following evening. Our D+ coupon book had a discount on a certain amount of dry cleaning. If you have a lot of dry cleaning, your coupon my help you. Our cabin attendants have been very savvy on the laundry coupons. Don't been afraid to seek their assistance.

Enjoy your cruises!

Rick and Deirdra

Allure laundry service is available any day you like but you may also want to consider the coin laundry at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina which they have. Not everything but some of the essentials might be nice to have before the next second cruise.

Note the coin laundry amenity:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/FLLGRHH-Hilton-Fort-Lauderdale-Marina-Florida/services.do

We did the same B2B Liberty - Allure in December. The Hilton Marina has a small laundry room 3 washers and 4 dryers. You need lots of quarters. The gift shop sells small boxes of detergent. The laundry is almost hidden - the door itself is unmarked. It is right across from the gym. We washed casual clothes and sent out DH's dress shirts when we got on the Allure.

Wow! Thanks for all the great info, everyone! And, yes, RC is paying for our hotel between cruises and it is at the Hilton FL Marina so I guess we ARE in luck for laundromat at the hotel. We will have only casual clothes so nothing needing special attention or dry cleaning. I will plan on quarters for laundry and can bring a small bag of detergent. And then if that doesn't work out I know I can use ship laundry first day on Allure. Thank you so much everyone!

not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm following this thread with interest.

I am thinking of adding a 4 night cruise on the Majesty BEFORE my upcoming cruise on the Allure. We would debark the majesty, spend two nights in Fort Lauderdale, then sail on the Allure for a week.

I had no idea that RCL covers an overnight stay on a back to back sailings.

My trip having a 2 night break, do you think it would qualify for one night's comp? If so, how do you suggest going about setting that up? Do they choose the hotel?

Thanks

Annette~

not to hi-jack the thread, but I'm following this thread with interest.

I am thinking of adding a 4 night cruise on the Majesty BEFORE my upcoming cruise on the Allure. We would debark the majesty, spend two nights in Fort Lauderdale, then sail on the Allure for a week.

I had no idea that RCL covers an overnight stay on a back to back sailings.

My trip having a 2 night break, do you think it would qualify for one night's comp? If so, how do you suggest going about setting that up? Do they choose the hotel?

Thanks

Annette~

I don't know. I have only read about consecutive cruisers with a 1 night stay in between. I believe they pick the hotel. It is worth calling and asking. :)

Annette, it is true, if you are doing a back-to-back (same ship) or consective (different ships) they do pick up that hotel night in between. But I am not sure if since you have two nights between if it is still considered b-2-b or consecutive. And the fact that you already have Allure booked and then considering adding Majesty after the fact might make a difference too. I have always heard of people booking the two cruises at the same time.

Did you book through RC or a travel agent? I would call who you booked Allure through and pose the question and see what you can find out. Be sure you let us know what you find out. It's a great question!

Thanks for the input. I will call the TA tomorrow. I've just been putting off the actual booking of the majesty in hopes that they open up some of the suites to 2 people... currently they have a slew available for 3 people, but only OV and I available for 2 people.

I'll be sure to let you know what the outcome is!

Annette~

Archived