Carnival should pull advertising $

mmpadp

Carnival should pull any advertising dollars from ABC; and I think ABC owes Carnival an apology. Nothing but a bunch of youtube videos strung together. It was not responsible reporting!

Carnival should be angry but ABC did not report anything that did not happen...fair game was Carnival unfortunately

News agencies are reporting that Carnival has suspended all advertising.

But not because of the ABC program, their suspension of advertising has to do with the Concordia disaster. Please consult: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-19/carnival-suspends-some-cruise-marketing-on-tv-online-following-disaster?category=%2Fnews%2Fcanada%2F

Most other online reporting agencies are using that Bloomberg report.

Hmmmm. On the one hand, I can get behind the idea that it would suck to pay ABC for advertising after this.

On the other hand, I would think it's kinda funny that ABC HAS to run Carnival commercials, adverts, etc. because they're paid to do so. So, I think I would continue to advertise with them just to stand proud and say "we don't care what you morons think about us, we're not going anywhere."

Carnival should pull any advertising dollars from ABC; and I think ABC owes Carnival an apology. Nothing but a bunch of youtube videos strung together. It was not responsible reporting!

Huh? You make it sound like they aired videos that were staged. All they did was air existing videos.

Hmmmm. On the one hand, I can get behind the idea that it would suck to pay ABC for advertising after this.

On the other hand, I would think it's kinda funny that ABC HAS to run Carnival commercials, adverts, etc. because they're paid to do so. So, I think I would continue to advertise with them just to stand proud and say "we don't care what you morons think about us, we're not going anywhere."

I like this idea!:D

Carnival should be angry but ABC did not report anything that did not happen...fair game was Carnival unfortunately

So where were all of the videos showing all the wonderful things/great experiences that happen all the time on Carnival cruises and other cruise lines? It was not a balanced review and made it look like those bad things/behaviors are the norm and not the exception. That's what they should be angry about.

So where were all of the videos showing all the wonderful things/great experiences that happen all the time on Carnival cruises and other cruise lines? It was not a balanced review and made it look like those bad things/behaviors are the norm and not the exception. That's what they should be angry about.

That's the point. Who would watch something like that?

Personally, I think most advertising is a waste of money. Most dont book or buy based on tv commercials.

I have yet to see a Princess or Hal tv commercial, yet they dont seem to have any problems filling their ships.

The millions Carnival spending for advertising on tv could be spent better on other things IMO.

Huh? You make it sound like they aired videos that were staged. All they did was air existing videos.

True, these were existing videos, but 20/20 clearly said there was little a cruise line could do. 20/20 did not imply...they stated this as fact.

This is a false statement. No misleading...completely false. The youtube fight on the Dream that they showed resulted in all 18 being deported in Costa Maya.

Yellow journalism at its best and as long as we (the view public) settle for that...then we deserve the trash that we get.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
The youtube fight on the Dream that they showed resulted in all 18 being deported in Costa Maya.

The report did say that these were thrown off the ship in Mexico. The report also stated that Carnival had already instituted training for their bar staff to be more aware of intoxicated people. We did see this personally on the Pride last April, were one "gentleman" told us that he had been "cut-off" from buying anymore alchohol because he had caused problems the night before.

True, these were existing videos, but 20/20 clearly said there was little a cruise line could do. 20/20 did not imply...they stated this as fact.

This is a false statement. No misleading...completely false. The youtube fight on the Dream that they showed resulted in all 18 being deported in Costa Maya.

Yellow journalism at its best and as long as we (the view public) settle for that...then we deserve the trash that we get.

Actually, it's been my experience that the cruise lines do nothing about these events, even when reported.

And if 20/20 did report any untruths, Carnival should take action. I've watched the show carefully twice, and if you pay attention closely, you will see they worded everything quite intentionally.

Sometimes "bad" publicity is good publicity! Just saying!
Especially if you are Paris Hilton!:p Don't think so in the Costa case.

Actually, it's been my experience that the cruise lines do nothing about these a events, even when reported.

And if 20/20 did report any untruths, Carnival should take action. I've watch the show carefully twice, and if you pay attention closely, you will see they worded everything quite intentionally.

Yep, everything goes through the lawyers to see if it is "actionable".

That is why there are always lots of "could have" and "might of"s in these reports.

Like nailing jello to the wall.

"This is a false statement. No misleading...completely false. The youtube fight on the Dream that they showed resulted in all 18 being deported in Costa Maya."

As far as this statement made. 20/20 did say it resulted in people being put off in the next Mexican port. Did not name the port.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Especially if you are Paris Hilton!:p Don't think so in the Costa case.

LOL! I remember reading that after the movie Titanic came out, bookings on cruises increased! Not one of the best advertisements for cruising! LOL. Also, don't forget that the majority of people have a very shot attention span and will soon forget about this. How many outside of the "cruisers" out there even remember the Sea Diamond or the Oceanos?

Archived