Bra Barrette!!! Anyone tried?

Anita Latte

I have tried a different "cheap" version from the Dollar Tree. They come in a package of six, I think. There is black, clear, and nude plastic. I have worn one and it was comfortable. Hope this helps.

Nanners

Thank you Nanners, that does help. The theory is wonderful but if it's itchy or annoying, well, then it's worthless. I have to really look at my swimsuit (which is an animal print medley pattern) to see if I think the copper or the gold would go best. I think I'm going to order one or two.

I don't have the kind designed to be visible, but do have the clear/nude/black that will pull straps together if you have a cut out back. They say it'll make a racerback - but not on me:rolleyes: I bought a 3-pack at Target and usually have one in my travel kit. I do usually need to ask my husband to help me get them on:o

I don't think I'd want to wear that while doing something active in a swimsuit. But maybe it's more comfortable than it looks....

Target? Hmm...maybe I should check those out first.

I have some clothes at home that I pull together in the back with a baby-safety style safety pin. Recent weight loss has made some straps and things a bit longer than they used to be and it has really helped me maintain modesty levels and extend the life of my clothing by pulling the straps together in the back. The safety pin a kind of annoying, but not too bad. Maybe I'll head to Target tomorrow to get some for a test run for my other garments. I do like the idea of the more decorative style for my swimsuit though...

Thanks for sharing...

There was a "not sold in stores" item on TV not too long ago....it's just a roundish looking clip to hold those straps in place. Or, you could just buy a "racer-back" bra....it does the same thing without having to use a clip at all!

I bought pretty much the same type of clip, different brand. I got the three pack with black, clear, and nude. I found them to be very uncomfortable and because they are hard plastic, they really dig into the skin when you sit down or lean back in a chair.

I think you're better off getting a racer back bra to solve the problem or for the OP asking about a swim suit, I would have the straps taken up instead. It was a great idea, but for me, these clips were a waste of money.

I wear 38 or 40 DDD and cannot find comfortable racerback bras - way too easy to fall out the front. As a result, I never buy racerback tops or dresses. However- there are occasionally dresses or tops that are not racerback but are cut more narrowly, where straps of a regular bra (esp the wide straps that my bras usually are:rolleyes:) can show. In those cases, a $2 plastic clip does the trick for me.

I sure do appreciate everyone relating their stories of similar products. I have found a store not too far from me that is sells this product. I think I might give them a call and see if they have any in stock and any that are available to test. Then I can bring my swimsuit or wear it and try the product in person!

The design of the swimsuit is not one that is conducive to alteration that would actually fix the problem; I can't just shorten the straps. It's a single pattern 1-piece kind of swimsuit; the straps are just an extension of the front of the suit and sewn back to the sides of the suit under the arms. The only alteration that would help would be to sew the straps to the OTHER side of the suit, forming an X in the back, but there isn't enough fabric to do this.

I do have this issue though with so other shirts. I must be short in the shoulders because I regularly have to deal with loose straps, even if they are adjustable...I get them to the tightest setting and they are still loose. Hmmm.

Archived