Allure Balcony vs Nav GS?

gabbygrrl

We are thinking about changing to a GS on the Navigator, but I have a few questions:

Can we order dinner in our suite every night?

Can we visit the Concierge Lounge for drinks prior to dinner and take our glasses of wine back to our room? Or do we have to consume all of the beverages right there in the lounge?

Do they still over VIP deck chairs on the Nav?

We were anxious to try the Allure but the appeal of a suite is pulling us away. I'm trying to figure out if the benefits are worth the change in ship. We are quiet and keep to ourselves, so we tend to spend a lot of time on our cabin balcony or out by the pool. We usually do MTD and get a table for 2. (We're not anti-social, but we don't get much bonding time in "real life" :D)

I am so torn! A new ship, same cabin type OR a "new" ship, new cabin experience??

Personally, I'd go with the GS....especially if you don't want to be "out and about"....that's what Allure/Oasis is all about...the being out and DOING! If you plan to spend a lot of time in your cabin, then you want to be ultra comfortable!

As far as the CL drinks...you aren't supposed to take them out of the lounge, but it can be done, depending on the concierge's attitude!

Dinner in your cabin won't be "course by course"...it will be all delivered at the same time, with you serving yourselves. The other option would be My Time Dining, where you can get a table for just the 2 of you nightly, if you don't want to eat in your cabin.

Yes, you can order anything on the MDR menu when the MDR is open to be delivered to your suite. Most concierges will allow you to take a drink out of the lounge if you first pour it into a paper "coffee" cup. But ask first. Also, the balcony cabins are a bit smaller on Oasis class than on Voyager and Freedom class ships. If you want to enjoy your cabin, the NOS GS is for you! Yes, there is suite reserved seating at the pool, the ice show and the theater. And if you pick an itinerary that includes Labadee, there is the private suite beach, Barefoot beach, the best beach on Labadee.

I would agree. If you are the type that likes to spend a lot of time in your cabin, on your balcony, etc., I would go for the GS. Allure is all about the ship and the different activities, shows and dining options it offers. If you tend not to do those things on your cruise (or very few of them) go with the GS. Navigator is a very nice ship. I sailed her in June 2003.

Thank you everyone! We booked the Allure 2 years ago when we were on the Liberty, so that has been on our mind forever. But now that we have "suite fever", we don't know what to do.

I appreciate all of the comments. It does make sense to try the Navigator Suite and we'll sail the Allure another time...perhaps when we have the $$ for a suite on it :o

Archived