Los Angeles Area Cruisers

joeyanddavid

How far in advance to you book your cruise.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance to you book your cruise.

• 30-90 days out. It seems I always book at the last minute
    • 91-180 days out
    • 181 to 1 year
    • as soon as they become avalable up to a year and a half in advance

I tend to book as early as possible, by doing so i get my choice of so many things from cabin choice to actually saving money in the long run, I get heads up on hotel reservations before they can raise prices and this gives me plenty of time to look for air fare savings depending on departure port. ok ok im frugal but hey.. thats joey:D

Hey Joey,

I agree with you about booking early, BUT if one is flexable, there are some pretty terrific last minute deals out there. For example: Princess Cruises recently offered us an 11 day south pacific cruise for $699...GREAT savings. Last year they offered us a 7 day Mexico cruise on the Diamond Princess for a give-away price of $399. HAL, Carnival, Cunard, Seabourne and other mainstream cruise lines have also offered us great last minute deals. Here's how it works: You "register" with the cruise line for last minute deals and they will send you a notice by email.

Any further developments for a cruise gab session?

Jerry (and Kirk)

We seem to be a bit spread out. But if someone has a few suggestions as to where we can meet I'm up for a meet and greet! Week day evenings would work best for us. We usually leave town on the weekends.

Joe and Jak from Burbank

HOBIE- We're on Signal Hill with the same view as you, a little further away, but it's still cool to watch the ships!

Wow..Hello neighbor. We're not to far away. I'm on Ocean Blvd. Maybe we can plan to meet one of these days??

Take care, Hobie

• 2 weeks later...

Couple together for 10 years, living in Valley Village. I am 60 and my partner is 44. Our last cruise (and my partners 1st!) was Atlantis, Hawaiian tour. He loved it and now we are going June 11th on HAL to Alaska on the Zaandam.

Would love to meet some locals. We both work for the County of L.A. and it is hard to hit curise dates, at least for me, since I am low on the vacation schedule since I have only been with the County for 7 years. That is a short timer by County standards.

Ken

Just to make it harder on me, I get the vacation schedule about the end of Feb. and the vacation schedule runs from end of April to March the following year. This is the first time in 7 years that I got a time slot in June!

Ken

Joey, actually, we would go anytime but I am forced to lock in a 1 or 2 week vacation and have to decide in 48 hours of when I finally get the vacation schedule. It is like hitting a moon shot.

Would like to go in October to the East Coast. Do you know of any good cruises for that?

Ken

Joey, actually, we would go anytime but I am forced to lock in a 1 or 2 week vacation and have to decide in 48 hours of when I finally get the vacation schedule. It is like hitting a moon shot.

Would like to go in October to the East Coast. Do you know of any good cruises for that?

Ken

did you mean leaving from the east coast>>? if so fort lauderdale is our favorite departure port.....

We are just moving from Atlanta to Irvine. We would certainly be interested in meeting others and sharing ship stories. Our next cruise is the Atlantis Mexican Riviera in October. We will be living in the Turtle Rock area as of next month. Drop us a line!

Jeff & Bret

We are just moving from Atlanta to Irvine. We would certainly be interested in meeting others and sharing ship stories. Our next cruise is the Atlantis Mexican Riviera in October. We will be living in the Turtle Rock area as of next month. Drop us a line!

Jeff & Bret

Welcome to southern california fellas!! Please make yourself at home if I or anyone on this thread can help with your orintation to Orange and Los Angeles Counties give us a holler.

always

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooooooooo, what ever happened to the idea of getting together to swap

sea stories? Idea: Maybe a pot luck luncheon at a local

park?...now that the weather is so nice. OR, anyone willing to open up their home??? Just a thought.

J & K

I'm still interested in meeting you guys.

I'm in Long Beach and you are all welcome to meet at my house if you want. Maybe not too centrally located???

If not, pot luck at the park sounds fun too!

Hope to hear some good ideas from all of you!

Hobie

My partner Carlos is 51 and I'm 48. We live in LA in the neighborhood bordered on one side by the Beverly Center and on the other by The Grove. We've been together 22 years and have taken 13 cruises, starting with the Norway in 1994 and most recently on the Ryndam over New Year's. We've sailed the East and West Caribbean, Mexico, Bermuda and Tahiti, and will be taking our first European cruise June 24 on the Galaxy. We love Radisson, really like HAL and Celebrity, and like Royal Caribbean and Princess.

Jeff

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GLFODSCC/

Since so many have stopped in to see what this is about how about you guys joining the Yahoo Group Joey and David set up? At least we would have a common site to chat, set up functions and possible travel groups. You have to admit traveling with a group can be rather enjoyable.

Any one going to the Long Beach Pride Parade this Sunday? We'll be there with our chairs and cooler by the reviewing stand.

Raymond and Robert San Dimas

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GLFODSCC/

Since so many have stopped in to see what this is about how about you guys joining the Yahoo Group Joey and David set up? At least we would have a common site to chat, set up functions and possible travel groups. You have to admit traveling with a group can be rather enjoyable.

Any one going to the Long Beach Pride Parade this Sunday? We'll be there with our chairs and cooler by the reviewing stand.

Raymond and Robert San Dimas

LOL thanks so much for the plug.lol..that is too cool...as far as pride on sunday David and I try to make it every year.. this year a dear friend of ours is having a cookout birthday thingy like 2:30 -3:00 in Tustin....(Originionally it was a picnic in griffthpark withe "the dogs") so we lucked out now we can at least come down for breakfast at the pantry then watch some of the parade..( I hope I am what I am gets a rest but i doubt it!!!!) before we have to leave so this weekend looks good .. which side will you be on the park side or the ocean side?

Yeah fellas anyone that wants to join drop me a note and put CC in the request and you are in..

Always

Archived