We are on the Crown !

geocruiser

We are on the Crown. We got onboard Sat. The ship is beautiful and the food so far has been good.

We will be onboard in April....woohoo!! What are the options if we don't want to do formal nights in the main dining room? I hope to schedule UBD for one of those nights.....not sure what to do for the other one.

Can't wait to hear about your week. We board this coming Saturday for a Superbowl Cruise!!!

I just saw a comment this morning on another Live Crown thread about a death on board last week. They said the yellow tape etc. was up around a cabin. Have you heard anything about it?

I hear Cory Simon is quite good and is playing on the Crown. Looking forward to boarding on Saturday!

Cory Simon in Crooners is great! I sailed with him a few years ago on a Navigator of the Seas TA. He kept our Cruise Critic group entertained in the piano bar until the wee hours. I am glad to see he is now with Princess.

Gracie, I wonder if it's the article I read about a man who jumped decks (how does this happen) and died? Oh but this was on a Carnival Ship

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/28/10259242-man-falls-to-death-aboard-cruise-ship-in-bahamas

Oh goodness, I don't think that was it. This person had just got off the last sailing of the Crown. I'm in SC and haven't seen this story on any local channels.

Cory Simon in Crooners is great! I sailed with him a few years ago on a Navigator of the Seas TA. He kept our Cruise Critic group entertained in the piano bar until the wee hours. I am glad to see he is now with Princess.

Does he play a good variety? Love Elton John, Jimmy Buffet etc.? Love a good Piano Man!!!

Does he play a good variety? Love Elton John, Jimmy Buffet etc.? Love a good Piano Man!!!

The girl that cuts my hair in Calgary tells me so, however she's his sister so may be a bit biased! Have read some positive comments though. He's new to princess. She tells me that he likes to get the crowd going and he's lots of fun. Our kind of guy! Looking forward to it:). We'll see you at the M&G

Dave

The girl that cuts my hair in Calgary tells me so, however she's his sister so may be a bit biased! Have read some positive comments though. He's new to princess. She tells me that he likes to get the crowd going and he's lots of fun. Our kind of guy! Looking forward to it:). We'll see you at the M&G

Dave

Dave, that sounds good!! I hope he likes to interact!! makes a Piano Bar a lot more fun. We have a dueling Piano Bar here in Myrtle Beach so a bit spoiled by the craziness!!! See you on Saturday!!!

Just off the Crown and yes unfortunately we did have one death. We were on the Baja deck and my Mom saw about 20 medical people at a dead run one morning with a stretcher. We learned later that he had died (possible heart attack). He was travelling with a group of people in a dancing club and was not with a wife or anything - thank God for that. Can you imagine losing a spouse on a cruise? He was an elderly gentleman - I guess if you have to go that's that way to go, on a cruise. They sealed off his room until the police from FLL could process it.

I just checked Royal Caribbean's site to enter to win a cruise and see they have an update on their site. Goodness

"

Explorer of the Seas' arrival to Cape Liberty has been unexpectedly delayed due to a medical emergency, and will now arrive in Bayonne, New Jersey, on Saturday, January 28, one day later than originally scheduled.

We ask that guests who are scheduled to sail on Explorer of the Seas on Friday, January 27 not arrive at the port until 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 28. We kindly ask that guests come to the terminal between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 28 for check-in and boarding.

Regrettably, the delayed arrival is expected to have an impact on the scheduled itinerary. Guests will now spend Sunday, January 29, and Monday, January 30, at sea. Unfortunately, this additional day at sea will mean that the port call to Labadee, Haiti, will be cancelled. The remainder of the itinerary will remain the same."

We are on the Crown. We got onboard Sat. The ship is beautiful and the food so far has been good.

Hi maria,

We are on the March 17th sailing (Aruba and Curacao). If you have the same itinerary, can you please answer my question?

I would like to know which nights the MDR has King Crab legs and Lobster Tails. Those are my two favourite dinner nights. We are planning to book the Crown Grill for one of the other nights.

thanks so much!

Ellen

Hi maria,

We are on the March 17th sailing (Aruba and Curacao). If you have the same itinerary, can you please answer my question?

I would like to know which nights the MDR has King Crab legs and Lobster Tails. Those are my two favourite dinner nights. We are planning to book the Crown Grill for one of the other nights.

thanks so much!

Ellen

They have not had King Crab Legs for a couple of years! Too bad!

Archived