Laundry Costs

benona

We are on a 18 day cruise on Voyager in Nov 2012 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how onboard laundry is charged for and how much it is....I don't think I can fit in changes of clothes for 5 of us for 18 days and not be over the allowed weight for the flights :confused:

We are on a 18 day cruise on Voyager in Nov 2012 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how onboard laundry is charged for and how much it is....I don't think I can fit in changes of clothes for 5 of us for 18 days and not be over the allowed weight for the flights :confused:

Royal Caribbean's website has quite a bit of information about Royal Caribbean cruises.

Here is the link to laundry prices:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

We were on Serenade last week and, as usual, they had a laundry special one day where you fill a bag they provide and have it washed and dried for $25. You can stuff as much as you want in the bag!:D I know they've had this special on every RC ship we've sailed on, usually mid week.

We have used the laundry service many times, especially on longer cruises. Sending out shirts and pants, per piece, is a quick and easy do. Their work is very good.

Be careful of the "all you can stuff in a bag" deal. They will stuff it right back to you. Anything that will wrinkle will come back wrinkled. Socks, underwear are OK to send. If you don't care about your t-shirts, send them, but they will come back wrinkled.

Rick and Deirdra

We actually found that using their "normal" laundry service was just as easy, and about as cheap, as waiting for the "stuff it all in a bag" day. So we just send it when we need it. You just have to figure out where your attendant puts it on return - ours put it on a closet shelf, and we didn't realize it <G>.

We were on Serenade last week and, as usual, they had a laundry special one day where you fill a bag they provide and have it washed and dried for $25. You can stuff as much as you want in the bag! I know they've had this special on every RC ship we've sailed on, usually mid week.

You can stuff as much as you want but it is limited to pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear.

We have used the laundry service many times, especially on longer cruises. Sending out shirts and pants, per piece, is a quick and easy do. Their work is very good.

Be careful of the "all you can stuff in a bag" deal. They will stuff it right back to you. Anything that will wrinkle will come back wrinkled. Socks, underwear are OK to send. If you don't care about your t-shirts, send them, but they will come back wrinkled.

Rick and Deirdra

I really think it all depends on who is doing the laundry and the ship you are on.....or we have been extremely lucky. On our recent b2b2b on Radiance my husbands novelty t-shirts came back with all the wrinkles smoothed out and neatly folded and returned in the white paper envelopes.

Rick and Deirdra

We've used it several times on different RC ships and everything has always come back neatly folded and looking pressed. My husband's t shirts looked ironed as well as his boxers!:D

Sherri:)

We consider this a treat to send the bag to the laundry with our undies, socks, a few t-shirts, pj's, etc. We love receiving them back neatly folded and in the tissue paper. The only item that was really wrinkled was a pair of shorts I didn't realize I had included, and those suckers, even when I do them at home and immediately get them out of the dryer, come out looking like they were run over by a train, so no big surprise. I used the Downey wrinkle release..best cruise tip I've ever gotten. When we get home and I do the first load of laundry, my daughter is always disappointed that it doesn't come back neatly folded inbetween the tissue :(.

Archived