Best recommended P&O cruise?

Aussie71

This forum has got me so excited that I am planning ahead for our next cruise, before we go on our first. I want to book another cruise in 2013.

I am hoping to receive some suggestions. We are from Queensland, so a trip up the coast is not very appealing. We are cruising to the South Pacific this time, so maybe something else would be nice.

All comments and any recommendations appreciated.

Do one that goes to Pentecost Island. This is an absolutely amazing experience.:) These cruises are only available for a month or so around March-April, and include a few other island ports.

Alternatively if you can get away for a longer period, take a cruise from Sydney to Tahiti.

Also, has anyone experienced a repositioning cruise and are they recommended?

I have been on two. Both on the Pacific Pearl Auckland - Sydney then Sydney - Auckland.

The repositioning cruises are more fast paced in terms of entertainment then on regular cruises. You still have enough time to see most things still though, and you can always sit back and relax if you want to. The entertainment is always their best though. There are only two bad things, having to find a way home or to get there, and not visiting any ports. Apart from that they are basically more like a regular cruise.

Also just one difference I just thought of is that the passenger on board the repositioning cruises are normally a different class to that of longer cruises. They are normally the partying people. A basic rule to go on, the longer the cruise the more relaxing it is and the higher class of people. The shorter the cruise the more energetic and lower class of people.

Do one that goes to Pentecost Island. This is an absolutely amazing experience.:) These cruises are only available for a month or so around March-April, and include a few other island ports.

Alternatively if you can get away for a longer period, take a cruise from Sydney to Tahiti.

30/04/2013 has Pentecost Island.:rolleyes:

I am going on Pacific Pearl ex Sydney (P220) departing on 3 June 2012. This cruise includes Pentecost and that's the reason we chose that particular cruise.

I have been on two. Both on the Pacific Pearl Auckland - Sydney then Sydney - Auckland.

The repositioning cruises are more fast paced in terms of entertainment then on regular cruises. You still have enough time to see most things still though, and you can always sit back and relax if you want to. The entertainment is always their best though. There are only two bad things, having to find a way home or to get there, and not visiting any ports. Apart from that they are basically more like a regular cruise.

Also just one difference I just thought of is that the passenger on board the repositioning cruises are normally a different class to that of longer cruises. They are normally the partying people. A basic rule to go on, the longer the cruise the more relaxing it is and the higher class of people. The shorter the cruise the more energetic and lower class of people.

What do you mean !?:(

What do you mean !?:(

In that the longer cruise are more of a relaxing cruise and people aren't constantly walking around drunk.

On the shorter cruises you normally have young adults and love to party so, you have a lot of people onboard that go there to mainly just get drunk. There isn't that many but the numbers increase.

I just used classes for the way that people act.

Archived