Mariner Drydock, whats she having done?

welshrich

Mariner's turn at Royal Advantage refit is April 2012.
[URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main&cid=RCHPF1-11082010RoyalAdvantage"]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=royal_advantage_main&cid=RCHPF1-11082010RoyalAdvantage[/URL]

[quote name='Sequim88']Wish they were not so tight lipped on what's happening. It was like pulling hens teeeth to get them to confirm the Giovanni's Table change when reservations stopped being available for Portofino. Guess they could not hide that very well.

If the iPod dock is true it would save us packing the weight of our portable speakers. What harm in letting people know that before they prepare for the cruise?

Also wondering where Rita's would go and what would go away to make room. Half of Jade? Arcade space? The Living Room? Fuel Teen Disco? Johnny Rockets?[/QUOTE

Let's see if she will get a dedicated diamond lounge.

Well I would be [I]thrilled [/I] if all of these new things are on board as of May 1, but it looks like a lot to accomplish is just about one week of dry dock - especially Rita's Cantina. As Sequim88 asked, where would/could RC go?

I've seen a couple of references to a press release that apparently confirms these changes for April, but in my job I have access to a number of databases that include all press releases, and I've not been able to find this. :confused:

[quote name='Topo Gigio']In a couple of weeks we will know more but looks like Mariner will have after her dry dock the following changes:

outdoor screen
tot nursery
Giovanni's table
Rita's Cantina
ipod docks
touchscreen[/QUOTE]

• 3 weeks later...
This link was posted on another thread:

[URL]http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf[/URL]

Mariner of the Seas - Europe & Caribbean
Coming 05/02/2012

Outdoor movie screen
Updated Vintages wine bar
Boardwalk Dog House
Giovanni's Table
Digital Signage
Pervasive Wi-Fi
Flat-screen TVs
Thomas Kincade Gallery
Diamond Club
Nursery

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to try and "save face" here. :D

Technically, they did not perform all of the upgrades during the drydock. They did work early. My original point was that there was not enough time to perform all of the work during the drydock period, and also (somewhere on the boards) I stated that much of the improvements people were looking for could be done outside of the drydock period.

So, I wasn't completely incorrect! :D As it turns out, folks got more of the things they were looking for, and that's a GOOD thing!!

Glad to see you got what you were looking for!

Well, I have to try and "save face" here. :D

Technically, they did not perform all of the upgrades during the drydock. They did work early. My original point was that there was not enough time to perform all of the work during the drydock period, and also (somewhere on the boards) I stated that much of the improvements people were looking for could be done outside of the drydock period.

So, I wasn't completely incorrect! :D As it turns out, folks got more of the things they were looking for, and that's a GOOD thing!!

Glad to see you got what you were looking for!

Your face is more or less saved;)

Very anxious for the cruise, hope the next 2 months go by quickly.

Morning of May 2 I will report what changes I see and status of any remaining work. From the new in room WiFi, if they have that working. They are now accepting reservations for Giovanni's Table BUT not for the first several days of the May 1 cruise so perhaps they are not real confident it will be ready and those days might be "book onboard only".

Anxious for cruise. Are you kidding!!! After over a year of waiting the next 12 DAYS are going to absolutely drag by but at same time not be enough time to get everything done.

I agree...wish they would add the Park cafe instead of hot dogs also! Want those roast beef sandwiches and the salads!!!

I was just going to post that!! I totally agree. I love the MDR tutti salad but with Park Cafe I could have a fresh made salad on port days. Promenade Cafe on Voyager ONCE had roast beef sandwiches. I had 2. They were outstanding. Never saw them again on that cruise or the 2 Mariner cruises after.

I just sailed on Mariner April 8-15, 2012. They were pulling a lot of cable in the hallways during the cruise. At the Captain's Q&A session, he stated that it was part of the upgrades she was undergoing and that they were getting an early start.

I was on the Spring Break cruise on March 11th, and they were already working on the wifi. We took the All Access tour on the last sea day, and there were tons of contractors pulling cable on the lower decks.

Just saw that RCI posted on their Facebook page that the Mariner WAS getting a Park Cafe in dry dock!!

Awesome! That is much better news than the news about the addition of the hot dog stand!:rolleyes:

Here's what was posted on RCI's FB page:

Mariner of the Seas enters dry dock today where she will be receiving many Royal Caribbean favorites such as Giovanni’s Table, Vintages, Park Café, Concierge Club, an outdoor movie screen, flat-screen TVs & more! Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates!

Hmm...are they moving the CL?:confused: I know I read they are adding a Diamond Lounge.

Archived