Platinum & Elite Happy Hour on CB

Sailfish

I hope you'll pardon the ignorance of a Platinum member, but there have been two threads in as many days and I am just clueless. When did this start? And is the invitation always extended to Platinum as well as Elite and Suite passengers? I know a lot changed over this past summer; I was on Star Princess in April (both of us were platinum) and heard nothing of this. I wandered up top many times over the ten days and other than late evenings Skywalker's was perpetually blocked by the "closed for private party" sign--and I never say anything remotely resembling a happy hour gathering.

(On the other thread one respondant brusquely referred the OP to Princess' website for information about circle benefits. Aside from the obvious fact that recent passengers are a much better source of information, the circle center online appears not to have been updated for ages; it only refers to non-specific "'members only onboard events" for all gold and higher members--so no answer there)

I hope you'll pardon the ignorance of a Platinum member, but there have been two threads in as many days and I am just clueless. When did this start?

The 1st time we were made aware of the Elite/Platinum Happy Hour was on our 12/2010 Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise. :) We enjoyed it then and also on our 12/11 Sapphire Princess cruise. I'm not sure how my husband found out about the happy hour.

We always have the card waiting for us on the desk when we arrive. It tells what nights they are doing it and what the snack is.

The problem for us is the time. We usually don't start out night activities until at least 7 and by then the cocktail party is over.

We are going to try and go on our next cruise coming up.

I hope you'll pardon the ignorance of a Platinum member, but there have been two threads in as many days and I am just clueless. When did this start? And is the invitation always extended to Platinum as well as Elite and Suite passengers? I know a lot changed over this past summer; I was on Star Princess in April (both of us were platinum) and heard nothing of this. I wandered up top many times over the ten days and other than late evenings Skywalker's was perpetually blocked by the "closed for private party" sign--and I never say anything remotely resembling a happy hour gathering.

(On the other thread one respondant brusquely referred the OP to Princess' website for information about circle benefits. Aside from the obvious fact that recent passengers are a much better source of information, the circle center online appears not to have been updated for ages; it only refers to non-specific "'members only onboard events" for all gold and higher members--so no answer there)

When it first started (I want to say 3 years ago), it was for Elite and Suite only. They didn't get enough action, so Platinum was added. Lately the hours have changed from ship to ship, but with ships that have Skywalkers it's still up there. Each eligible cabin should received a dated card showing you what the special is for that day and what the featured "food" is too. If you don't get a card, ask your steward. There is no offering on formal nights.

We are currently on the CB and the Elite/Platinum/Suite happy hour is 5-7Pm in Skywalkers. It should be noted that the happy hour is only for 5 of the 7 nights as one night they have the top 40 MTP cocktail party in Skywalkers and it's also closed when they have the Captain Circle party (they need the staff for the CC party). The two nights that the lounge is closed depends on the itinerary. When the first stop is St. Thomas, the lounge is closed on Wednesday and Thursday. When the first stop is St. Maarten, then the lounge is closed Tuesay and Wednesday. Here's the sequence of drinks and appetizers.

Day 1 - Mojito with Salsa, Fresh Guacamole and Chips.

Day 2 - Chivas Regal Rob Roy with Beef Steak Tartare

Day 3 - Brezza Marina with Herbs Marinated Goat Cheese and Tomato Bruschetta

Day 4 - Japanese Slipper with California Rolls w/ soy sauce, wasabi & pickled ginger

Day 5 - Cosmopolitan with Shrimp Fountain

We are a disappointed that they have eliminated our favorite drink - Chairman of the Board. Please note that all other drinks are regular prices and they have discontinued the Power Hour reduced drink specials.

Thanks for this great information. DW & I sail in 2 weeks for 2 weeks. You wouldn't by chance recall the name of the CC Host & Future Cruise Sales person?

Thanks,

Would you have typed out the entire list of Captain's Circle benefits and then added additional commentary to the ones that you thought required more clarity for the OP?:)

As shown below

2260757710016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

How elegant! I can only assume that the absence of this creation aboard the Coral Princess was in keeping with their scale of economies in cuisine. But as indicated, the quality of shrimp itself was excellent.

On one of the threads, the question was just "I'm becoming Platinum, what are my benefits?" and for that, I have responded with the Princess site link. If he/she had specific questions on a benefit or asked if there were any other benefits not promoted on the Princess site, that's one thing, but to me, it's silly to ask just "what are the benefits" when it's clearly available online. Many threads could be answered by simply using Google. ;)

Thanks for this great information. DW & I sail in 2 weeks for 2 weeks. You wouldn't by chance recall the name of the CC Host & Future Cruise Sales person?

Thanks,

The Captain Circle hostess is Tatiana Alcindo - I believe she is new as she was in training with Amanda Coulter on the 1/15 and 1/22 sailings. The Future Cruise Consultant is Dan Guthrie - sat with him during the last top 40 MTP party and he was quite entertaining. The Captain is Craig Street and he is really really nice and friendly.

The Captain Circle hostess is Tatiana Alcindo - I believe she is new as she was in training with Amanda Coulter on the 1/15 and 1/22 sailings. The Future Cruise Consultant is Dan Guthrie - sat with him during the last top 40 MTP party and he was quite entertaining. The Captain is Craig Street and he is really really nice and friendly.

Thank u very much. Looking forward to our cruise even more now.

I was on Star Princess in April (both of us were platinum) and heard nothing of this. I wandered up top many times over the ten days and other than late evenings Skywalker's was perpetually blocked by the "closed for private party" sign--and I never say anything remotely resembling a happy hour gathering.

It has been offered for several years and was definitely on the Star last May. Sometimes the invites do not make it to your cabin. If you do not get the invite, see the Captain's Circle hostess/host.

It also uses only part of Skywalker's (usually on the right when you go in) and the rest of Skywalker's is open to everyone.

Since there was that "closed for Private Party" sign on your cruise, possibly some group did reserve Skywalker's for many evenings.

The nice thing about the Princess one is that anyone can attend. If you have only a normal room card just tell the guy you are in suite. They never check. In fact, half of the time there is no one checking at all. Just walk right in and have a seat.

I can't believe that no one has commented on the above post!!!:eek:

Just 2 more questions if I may. What nights were your 2 formal nights? Do you know what day the MTP Cocktail Party was held on?

Thanks again,

The two formal nights are the Monday and Friday regardless of the itinerary. The MTP and the Captain Circle party nights depend on the itinerary. If the first stop is St. Thomas, the MTP party is Wednesday and the CC party is Thursday. If the first stop is St. Maarten, then the MTP party is on Tuesday and the CC party is on Wednesday.

The two formal nights are the Monday and Friday regardless of the itinerary. The MTP and the Captain Circle party nights depend on the itinerary. If the first stop is St. Thomas, the MTP party is Wednesday and the CC party is Thursday. If the first stop is St. Maarten, then the MTP party is on Tuesday and the CC party is on Wednesday.

Thanks again. Your itinerary specific information is most helpful since we'll be on for 2 weeks. Can't wait to leave on the 19th.

Archived