Age appropriateness of Chicago?

hondarr9

Hi all hope you can settle an argument for me. We are going to be sailing on Allure in November. We did Oasis last August. We have a 12yo and a 16yo. We took both to see Hair Spray on Oasis. My question is will they both be ok to see Chicago? I have to admit I know nothing about the Broadway version or the movie. We let them both see pg13 movies and even an r if we have seen it before and feel its ok. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Google it on-line....just found this:

Summary Roxie Hart kills her lover and becomes a celebrity in this cynical satire of corruption in the criminal justice system set in 1920s Chicago.

Age May be inappropriate for 12 and under.

Our Recommendation There is virtually no set in Chicago, so don't go expecting big visuals or bright colors. The appeal of this long-running Broadway revival is the sharp humor, the Bob Fosse-style choreography, and the jazzy tunes by Kander & Ebb (e.g. "All That Jazz"). Skimpy costumes, suggestive dancing, and sassy anti-heroines who murder without remorse make this musical suitable for more mature audiences.

I agree...if the 12 year old is immature, she/he won't understand the "innuendo"....the 16 year old will be just fine.

There's no nudity and no really "bad" words....just alot of innuendo...many adults don't "get it".

It's an entertaining show, if you are into theater.

Royal Caribbean's policy is to put "adult only" entertainment on late at night, and they clearly label it as such in the daily Cruise Compass.

They also tone down most of their productions, because they try to promote a family oriented cruise experience. The Cruise Compass will clearly state if they think something is inappropriate for certain age groups, but the headliner shows are usually OK for 12 and up.

I saw Chigago on the Allure, and it's a condensed version of the play/movie. I don't remember it being particularly risque, and the language was absolutely OK; nothing like the movie.

Archived