Soda in luggage?

TrinaLC

I know that the policy says soda brought on board needs to be in carry-ons, but what is everyone's experience with putting it in a duffel and checking it? I really don't want to be lugging soda around while we wait for our rooms to be ready. (And please, spare the lectures on following the rules.)

Our point of departure is Baltimore, if anyone has Baltimore specific information that would be great.

Is the likely worst case we need to reclaim it from the naughty room?

We put some sprite in our checked in luggage last May on the Freedom. There was a letter in one of our bags stating they saw "something suspious" in our luggage and checked it. But all was well. Our soda was not confiscated but be ready to lose it because other ports or just a difference in personnel might take it out.

I know that the policy says soda brought on board needs to be in carry-ons, but what is everyone's experience with putting it in a duffel and checking it? I really don't want to be lugging soda around while we wait for our rooms to be ready. (And please, spare the lectures on following the rules.)

Our point of departure is Baltimore, if anyone has Baltimore specific information that would be great.

No, probably the worst case senario is that they confiscate it and keep it in the naughty room until the end of the cruise, which is what I think should be done with everything that isn't brought aboard properly and in the correct quantities.

Get a rolling duffle then you can easily haul it around til your room is ready. Otherwise skip bringing it onboard and buy a soda card.

<Stepping up on lecture podium> Bringing sodas is a privilege that Carnival can chose to abandon at any time, so please be courteous and follow their easy rule that allows you to save some bucks. <stepping off podium>

I didnt have a rolling luggage, I had a 12 pack of soda and a bottle of champagne in mine, and my DH had an 8 pack of sprite. It was well worth it as it save us some money.

I myself would rather obey the rule so I can continue to save some money. I dont want to wreck it for other people.

I don't really want to have to lug my 12 pk of pop, water and 2 bottles of wine either BUT I do it because I WANT it in my room to enjoy. That's the rules and if you really don't want the PITA of lugging it then buy a soda card. This ship wants it carried on for two reasons, #1 so they can physically see that you are only bringing on your allotted amount AND #2 so it spares the porter's back's. They have enough luggage to haul without having to worry about heavy suitcases of pop and water that passengers don't want to be bothered with.

In Tampa, They were not allowing any water or pop to be checked. You may lose it and have to buy it at expensive ship prices anyway. Why push the rules and ruin it for everyone else that is appreciative just to be able to carry on a few pops to enjoy on the ship.

Sorry if this seems mean, but you are not entitled to special treatment just because you don't want to lug it around. I don't want to either but I do it because Carnival says I have to.

Buy a rolling suitcase at K-Mart that way you can ROLL it not CARRY it.

Flame away........ It's just too bad that others feel rules are for everybody else but them.

:mad:

I suppose if something busts open while being delivered you could always find out whose luggage and clothing were effected and help them out by PAYING and DOING their laundry along with your own.

I for one would be beyond upset if they allowed it and my cruise clothing was ruined by your lack of consideration for following the policies of CARRY-ON ONLY.

I suppose if something busts open while being delivered you could always find out whose luggage and clothing were effected and help them out by PAYING and DOING their laundry along with your own.

I for one would be beyond upset if they allowed it and my cruise clothing was ruined by your lack of consideration for following the policies of CARRY-ON ONLY.

Hope my shampoo and perfume don't do that ...

I NEVER check anything that is breakable!!!

After seeing the way the luggage is stacked in those bins no way would I risk it.....:eek:

Agreed.....On my last cruise I packed a small bottle of Wool-lite and when I got my luggage that evening, the bottle top was cracked and wool-lite was oozing. Luckily I had put it a zip-loc so crisis averted!

That sums how a LOT of pax would be thinking.

Absolutely don't pack it in your checked luggage! They stack and toss the bags and sometimes bags fall off the crates. You don't want them breaking, cracking, leaking on your stuff or someone else's.

As for other liquid items in your checked bags, definitely put them in a ziploc type bag so that if it does leak, it will be less likely to get on your stuff. As a packing tip, we always bring extra ziploc bags because we never know what we might want to bag-up for the return trip home - if we buy something in port or if something on the way leaks and the original ziploc bag is gross, we'll have a clean one at the end to put the item back into.

Check in after 130 when the cabins are ready then your carry on can be dropped off at your cabin not lugged around for a couple of hours.

This is what we do, get right on around when the cabins are ready and we do not have to carry anything around.

I know people want to get abord ASAP to start their vacation, but we take our time getting checked out of the hotel.

By the way I smuggle.:D

Archived