Staggered boarding times for Sea Princess

rkmw

i noticed on our roll call that someone got an email from princess that they are boarding by decks for the Sea Princess this coming monday, we have not received any email as yet but for elite people we get priority boarding does that include us

someone posted on the facebook roll call with these times so we may board with the first group

Email from Princess today to our T/A re; boarding times

12:30pm Deck 10

1:00pm Decks 8 &12

1:30pm Deck 9

2:00pm Deck 11

... 2:30pm Decks 5 & 6

They say if you are early you will have to drop your luggage and come back later

In our cruise personaliser online under Important Notices it says:

spacer.gifCRUISE CHECK-IN NOTIFICATION

*** CRUISE CHECK-IN NOTIFICATION ***

To ensure a smooth start to your voyage, we operate a staggered check-in

schedule for Sea Princess. We kindly request that you plan to arrive at or

shortly after your scheduled check-in time as noted below, determined by

your deck.

12.30 PM - Baja Deck, Deck 10

1.00 PM - Riviera and Dolphin Deck, Decks 12 & 8

1.30 PM - Caribe Deck, Deck 9

2.00 PM - Aloha Deck, Deck 11

2.30 PM - Emerald and Plaza deck, Deck 6 & 5

Due to limited space, passengers who arrive prior to their check-in time will

not be permitted to enter the terminal. Passengers will be asked to drop off

their luggage and return at their scheduled check-in time.

All passengers must be onboard by 3pm. We look forward to welcoming you

onboard Sea Princess.

Must be a new policy. We didn't have this when we went on SeaP last Nov. The boarding process from wharf 5 was quick and easy, and with our priority boarding there was no lineup at the desk. Perhaps the tent is getting hot inside, hence the staggering???

Which wharf is the Sea Princess leaving from?

the Sea Princess is leaving from wharf 5

we havent received any email as yet but i rang princess and seeing we are elite and get priority boarding we will go in the first group

we checked the personalizer and nothing there either

You have to look to find it! It's not on the main page of the CP. If you click on "Itinerary" and scroll down and down it's under Notifications. I stress this is for Brisbane and the SUN Princess.

CRUISE CHECK-IN NOTIFICATION

**Check-In Times for Brisbane**

schedule for Sun Princess. We kindly request that you plan to arrive at, or

shortly after, your scheduled check-in time as noted below, determined by your deck.

12:00PM - Riviera & Dolphin Decks

12:30PM - Baja Deck

1:30PM - Caribe Deck

2:00PM - Aloha Deck

2:30PM - Emerald & Plaza Decks

All passengers must be on board by 3pm.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you on board Sun Princess soon.

On the Printout travel summary it just has

Check In 12:30pm-3:00pm

You have to look to find it! It's not on the main page of the CP. If you click on "Itinerary" and scroll down and down it's under Notifications. I stress this is for Brisbane and the SUN Princess.

CRUISE CHECK-IN NOTIFICATION

**Check-In Times for Brisbane**

schedule for Sun Princess. We kindly request that you plan to arrive at, or

shortly after, your scheduled check-in time as noted below, determined by your deck.

12:00PM - Riviera & Dolphin Decks

12:30PM - Baja Deck

1:30PM - Caribe Deck

2:00PM - Aloha Deck

2:30PM - Emerald & Plaza Decks

All passengers must be on board by 3pm.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you on board Sun Princess soon.

On the Printout travel summary it just has

Check In 12:30pm-3:00pm

Sandie i checked but nothing there, even princess checked so we hope to be in the first group to board

The message about staggered boaring that was on my personaliser last night (when I copy/pasted onto this thread) is gone this morning ... very strange!!

Anyway I get priority as a platinum, so on with first group.

Cheers

Bob

The message about staggered boaring that was on my personaliser last night (when I copy/pasted onto this thread) is gone this morning ... very strange!!

Anyway I get priority as a platinum, so on with first group.

Cheers

Bob

might be a few platinum, elites and suite people boarding in the first group

might be a few platinum, elites and suite people boarding in the first group

You're probably right. In your recent experience, what time does Princess boarding actually these days? I know it generally used to be ahead of the advertised start time but been a couple of ears since we did Princess.

You're probably right. In your recent experience, what time does Princess boarding actually these days? I know it generally used to be ahead of the advertised start time but been a couple of ears since we did Princess.

bob, if the ships on time we are normally onboard before 12 noon and having lunch in the buffett

edit: i just checked sydney ports and its due in on time

http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/marineoperations/movements.asp

Sandie i checked but nothing there, even princess checked so we hope to be in the first group to board

Thanks Bob, looks as though it depends on the port or the whim of someone "up there". :) BTW, We were there a couple of weeks ago and people were boarding at 11.30.

Sandy - NOT LONG NOW!!!:D:D

No, it's not Aus T, is it? :D And being as I'm now Platinum, should be early on. (We've just covered our luggage tags, so another step forward!)

That's what I hoped, thanks Bob

Just ckecked sea scanner too and looks like Sea Princess on schedule for on time arrival ...

Traveled distance since Fjordland National Park (Scenic Cruising): 337.55 nm (625.15 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 667.66 nm (1,236.50 km)

They have tried all this before. It is an attempt to try and get an orderly and spread out arrival of guests.

Dont forget that some folk have overnighted in a hotel and have an 11 o' clock checkout.

Where do they go? What do they do?

They have tried all this before. It is an attempt to try and get an orderly and spread out arrival of guests.

Dont forget that some folk have overnighted in a hotel and have an 11 o' clock checkout.

Where do they go? What do they do?

also David people have shuttle buses arranged including us so we will be there early

we are on the shuttle bus from Sydney Airport to the dock next month. What happens if we get there before 12 midday (which is about the time the buses usually arrive) Are we kicked off the bus to fend for ourselves for a 2 pm boarding? We dont get a choice about what time we arrive at the dock coming on the shuttle bus. Poor planning I say especially for the bus people.

John

We got no email of such a thing, we have per booked transfers we get to Sydney at 10.35 and then were transferred to warf - we have no where else to go and il be damned if I'm leaving my bag at the terminal, they shouldn't book flights and transfers if they can't cope with th people at those time, not a great start for our holiday :(

Hasn't the only person to get this notification embarking in Brisbane and on the Sun Princess? Or are there folks who are embarking in Sydney who have got an email as well?

Sandie posted that she got the email for the Sun P in Brisbane and a few people got the email for Sydney as well for the Sea P

Sandie posted that she got the email for the Sun P in Brisbane and a few people got the email for Sydney as well for the Sea P

Thanks , I just couldn't see who had got the email for Sydney and I thought people were starting to worry about some-thing that wasn't happening.

Thorpe & Others

We havent received an E mail (yet) about our boarding in Sydney next month but I hope that by reading the concerns on this board with so many people getting up in arms that Princess may decide in their wisdom not to go ahead with such things in Sydney.

John

Archived