onboard snacking

johno95

do you bring any particular snack foods? i can't do without one pound bags of regular M&Ms.:confused:

I tend to bring a big vselection more so when I have the kids with us as outside of main meals there isn't much for them to snack on, and room service is like ordering another meal! Plus I have one real picky one, so I pack everything from sweets, chips, granola bars etc etc!

No, to me "meal time" never stops on board. From MDR to the lido buffets, sushi, and the venues that stay open later / room service I can't imagine having to pack snacks. You can always pick up a small pastry or some cookies & put them in your fridge for later.

Do you bring any food with you onto the cruise ship to snack on during those long stretches of time between meals and at bedtime?:)

No, only for flights - energy bars, nuts, packaged cookies. There is always something opened on the ship, and we bring snacks to the cabin, like a cookie and apple.

We have early dinner, so often after the evening show stop in the buffet for a slice of something ;)

The one snack we really missed on our 12 day Black Sea cruise was something salty and crunchy. I can see that those items might not do well on a ship with humidity sucking the crunch out, but we did miss it. On our upcoming cruise we'll get something like chex mix or chips for our happy hour on our balcony. We'll use ziplocks to store them in to protect from humidity. :)

There is plenty on the ship for every one likes ...

I too agree there is more than enough of food on the ships for all to find something to eat for ADULTS. I have twin daughters now aged well soon to be 10 and one is beyond picky. She does not eat meat, vegetables or fruit, pasta, pizza nothing. So allot of times I'm hard pressed to find anything that child will eat off the buffet, MDR is a lost cause for us as they will not make her french fries and that's all she will eat. So I do have to pack stuff for her so she doesn't go hungry for the week. As far as snacks, yes you can get ice cream and cookies for them to snack but 7 days of that is a liitle much. A few times I asked them to make a grilled cheese at the sandwich bar, man was that a chore!

Do you bring any food with you onto the cruise ship to snack on during those long stretches of time between meals and at bedtime?:)

We broght food this last cruise. MIL loves to have mixed nuts and other things in the room. However I also agree that there is more then enogh food if you don't bring on any.

When we travel I always bring power bars, nuts or granola...for the airplane. I never would have thought to take food onboard a cruise ship.

Even if we did have tha above mentioned snacks leftover from the flight, I'd hang onto it for the flight home. Cruise ships have more food than you can imagine available 24 hours a day.

We always bring some snacks, things that are hard to find on the ship; usually some chocolate pieces, like kisses, some nuts or trail mix and my husband has to have his black licorice stash.

I also bring some snacks for the plane and some energy bars or such for excursions or time on shore when we don't stop some place to eat.

I know it seems like bringing coals to Newcastle, but we don't always feel like ordering from room service or running up to the buffet. It's nice to have just a little something on hand.

I too agree there is more than enough of food on the ships for all to find something to eat for ADULTS. I have twin daughters now aged well soon to be 10 and one is beyond picky. She does not eat meat, vegetables or fruit, pasta, pizza nothing. So allot of times I'm hard pressed to find anything that child will eat off the buffet, MDR is a lost cause for us as they will not make her french fries and that's all she will eat. So I do have to pack stuff for her so she doesn't go hungry for the week. As far as snacks, yes you can get ice cream and cookies for them to snack but 7 days of that is a liitle much. A few times I asked them to make a grilled cheese at the sandwich bar, man was that a chore!

Unless she has some sort of developmental delay causing her food aversion, I'd let her go hungry.

I bring a bag of black licorice and have a piece while reading in bed before I go to sleep. Looking forward to it helps me to forego that brownie or stack of cookies fromt he buffet.

That's what I take, too....it helped me cut back on the smoking, so now it's a piece of liquorice and a pull on the e-cig!

The line we often travel with provides a tea/coffee tray, with orange and lemon or shortbread biscuits.....we find them handy for the drive home!

They also sell Walker's crips in the shop, in about 3 flavours.

Jo.

I see many things people want to bring on a cruise that I wouldn't even think about. Packing lists of must haves blow my mind.

I was going to say that I bring snacks on board to store in my clear over-the-door shoe hanger that I duct tape to the wall but you kind of beat me to the punch.

Carrying coals to Newcastle is probably the best comparison I can make. If you can leave a cruise with a weight gain of less than five pounds you will have achieved a lifetime goal of mine. I eat my first bite at about 6:30am and my last about half an hour before I go to bed. I am always bringing cookies and things back to the cabin and buying various candies and treats in port. When I have the kids with me, and I have five, I bring things for the flight/car trip but that is just because I want to save money BEFORE we board. Once we are on board.....

So what does that girl eat? I feel sorry for you, and for her, because she's going to face severe health problems if she doesn't eat any of what you list. Her body organs are growing and she's going to be in trouble if you can't get her to eat at least fruits and veggies.

Archived