Hotel in Miami?

Lance'sBride

Not sure what level of hotel you are looking for, but the laquinta by the airport was sufficient and had a port shuttle. There's really nothing nearby to walk to though.

My husband and I are planning on cruising the Valor in December out of Miami. We want to fly in the day before' date=' does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Miami? Preferably ones that have a shuttle to the cruise port?

Thanks![/quote']

We stayed at the Intercontinental and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was awesome waking up to the Glory docking and then getting ready and peering out the window knowing that we would soon be on her. I think we cabbed it to the port....can't remember but it wasn't much if we did or I'd remember.

My husband and I are planning on cruising the Valor in December out of Miami. We want to fly in the day before' date=' does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Miami? Preferably ones that have a shuttle to the cruise port?

Thanks![/quote']

We'll be in MIA in Dec. and I've been checking it out. There are lots of hotels near the airport that have an airport shuttle and are close to restaraunts and shopping. Other options are Downtown or hotels with a view of POM. many hotels you'll have to pay taxi fare either to your hotel or the port. Since our flight arrives the evening before we'll just stay at an airport area hotel and use a free shuttle to hotel. We'll pick-up wine/soda, have dinner and take a taxi to POM in the morning.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn by the port three times. It is a nice hotel and you can walk across the street and go to a nice outside mall with some good entertainment. No free shuttle, but you can catch a van for about $5 a person.

Word to the wise, don't eat breakfast there. go early to the ship and eat at the buffet, it will save you some cash.

I too stayed twice at the Intercontinental, thru a 3rd party discussed on the Florida deptures board.

Holiday Inn gets mentioned a lot for their shuttle, which I think isnt free, but not much cost. Its near the IC, both walking distance to Bayside to hang out and some eating places downtown.

I have been checking into hotels in the area and the Holiday Inn by the POM seems to have reasonable rates. Close to the Bayside Marketplace as well. We had stayed in Miami Beach and Bal Harbour in the past to be on the beach, but those rates seem to have doubled in the past couple of years!!

We always stay at Holiday Inn POM... great hotel and easy access to everything... marketplace (good food and entertainment there) quick walk to liqour store or walgreens for last min things... block away from trolley (people mover) if you're gonna tour the city a bit..

Cheers!

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North this past January (also on the Valor...awesome ship!). It's a brand new hotel so everything is modern and clean. The room was quite large, with 2 queen beds and a separate area with a couch and table. They have a continental breakfast that includes belgian waffles (delicious!). Included in their rate is a shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the port. On the day you check in make sure you sign up for the port shuttle. You can't go wrong!

For anyone driving from out of town, the LaQuinta by the Airport has free parking (saved us $105 vs. the POM long-term parking) and a free shuttle.

Have heard great things about the IC, plan to stay their on our next trip unless we find a good deal on South Beach.

we are staying at the Homewood inns and suites Blue Lagoon.. I liekd the fact that it has a free hot breakfast and a light meal at dinner time with free coctails.. I have stayed the Blue Lagoon area before and and really enjoyed it and felt safe..

If you want a Miami hotel that offers shuttle service to the pier, you pretty much have to book something out by the airport. If you prefer a hotel in the more lively downtown or South Beach areas, you will need to add the cost (pretty reasonable) of a taxi to the ship. We use Priceline and frequently are able to get a downtown hotel of the Marriott, Hilton, Doubletree etc. variety for about $65 a night (price will vary according to the dates you are interested in.:)

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport. They offer a free shuttle from airport, free shuttle to cruise port, 14 nights free parking if you need to leave your car, and free breakfast. (For around 100 a night). Since we are driving to Miami, it is cheaper to stay at the hotel and leave our car than to park at the port for 8 nights.

Archived