Navigator JS Balcony Furniture

The side JS balconies are not deep enough for a dining table....if you're lucky, you may have a slightly larger patio table....most are about 1 ft. sq. You're going to love the tub, AND the walk-in closet....lovely space!

Edited by cb at sea

Navigator aft JS has had the taller table on the balcony the last 2 years. While it is not the furniture pictured in the previous link, it is certainly suitable for breakfast uses. ;) We had the more substantial 'white' table w/ chairs.

Do have photos, but unable to get CC to accept the upload at the moment. :mad:

Bruce

Thanks Geema. I looked up your cabin # and you had a hump JS. I hope that our reg JS has a lounger. That would be a real treat. Was your small table low to the ground like a side table or could you pull a chair up to it and set a plate down on the table. I am so excited!

So lucky to get the loungers!

Some sort of fire code on Allure and Oasis that they have just the two small chairs and taller table. Yet the family suite and full suites have all sorts of upholstered furniture. While I loved our JS on Allure (and am sure I will on Oasis), sure wish we had a lounger or two.

Some sort of fire code on Allure and Oasis that they have just the two small chairs and taller table. Yet the family suite and full suites have all sorts of upholstered furniture. While I loved our JS on Allure (and am sure I will on Oasis), sure wish we had a lounger or two.

Friends of ours had a JS when we were on the Oasis this past Nov and they had a lounger.

Friends of ours had a JS when we were on the Oasis this past Nov and they had a lounger.

Keep your fingers crossed for us then! We love to sit out to read. And I'm short, so I like to put my feet up. I'm thinking of getting an inflatable ottoman to take with us ;)

Not sure where you heard this about a "fire code" but have had JS on both Allure and Oasis and had a lounger both times on our balconey....K.O. Near Philly:)

Thanks Geema. I looked up your cabin # and you had a hump JS. I hope that our reg JS has a lounger. That would be a real treat. Was your small table low to the ground like a side table or could you pull a chair up to it and set a plate down on the table. I am so excited!

It was low to the ground but you could still eat out there :). I don't see why other JS rooms wouldn't have a lounger - they're the same size.

We had JS's on the Freedom in August and they had loungers too-- and we weren't on the hump.

Seems to be a bit of inconsistency. We sailed on 11/26/11 sailing of Navigator in JS 9608. Our balcony furniture consisted of a lounger, two chairs, and a little white table about a foot in diamater which stood knee high. One person could eat from the table, but two would be a challenge. In fact, the only difference between this balcony furniture and the furniture from the furniture on our D1 balcony on Adventure of the Seas was the lounger.

I wonder if deck plays into the furniture configuration? Since our cabin was on deck 9 it was minaly JS's and balcony cabins. I wonder if the JS's on deck 10 have the upgraded balcony furniture and decking? (Our decking was no different that a regual balcony cabin.)

When I saw that our JS had just two small chairs, I immediately asked our cabin steward (who was great, btw) if we could get a couple of loungers. She told us about new fire regulations prohibiting them. Later on we met her supervisor and again requested a couple of loungers. He told us the same thing and told us we should write to Miami (which I did and never received a reply). This was last March on Allure. I remember taking a picture of the balcony, but never posted it to Webshots.

Ill be optimistic that things have changed, but will live with it if it hasn't. I still won't understand why, but guess that's the way the cookie crumbles!!

Other than that, our cruise on Allure was top notch! Notice we're doing the exact same thing (only port-side JS instead of starboard) next month!!

• 2 years later...
Rather than start a new thread...does anyone know what type of furniture is on the Navigator JS balcony since the refit? Pictures would be nice :D I am booked in 9306

Thanks much!

Donna

I remember in reading one of the posts about the refit that the new added cabins on Deck 12 got the new furniture, but the others stayed the same. I was on the TA in November in 9624, JS on the hump. I had 2 chairs, small low cocktail table and a chair with an attached footrest.