Edgewater Seattle Hotel

CRUISEDEALER

I will be departing from Pier 66 on the Infinity. I would like to visit the Pike Place Market the day before the cruise departs. Is the Edgewater within walking distance to the Pike Market? Other hotels I am considering are the Mayflower and the Paramount. I like to be close to shops and the market. Thanks for any tips and advice.

Yes, the Edgewater is within walking distance. If you don't want to walk up the steep hill, take the elevator at the Marriott and you will be very close to the market.

The Mayflower Park is my current favorite hotel in Seattle. We stayed there last May and thought it was wonderful. It also is within walking distance to Pikes Market, and is adjacent to the Westlake Mall which houses one of the Monorail stations (so it is easy to go to Seattle Center and the Space Needle).

We have never stayed at the Edgewater, so I can't offer any comparison between the two hotels.

Hope you enjoy the Infinity. We were on the Infinity last summer and really liked her. In fact, we will be doing B2B cruises in Infinity this coming April.

Well, the Edgewater and Marriott are right there by Pier 66 if it's a priority to see your ship. (I assume you're sailing from pier 66 , not 91.):)

I could walk to the Market from there ... it's a good 12-14 blocks but its fun to walk along the waterfront. But there is a free bus #99 that runs along the waterfront and to the Market if the walk is too much.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/cftemplates/show_map.cfm?BUS_ROUTE=099&DAY_NAV=WSU

The Mayflower would be the closest hotel to the Market, maybe 2 blocks.

We stayed there for 2 nights about 5 years ago and absolutely loved it! Our room was literally over the water with a little Juliet balcony. A Celebrity cruise ship was docked right next door one morning. The bar and restaurant were great, also with incredible views. Everything was pretty expensive, but we felt we got our money's worth. We did walk to Pike Place Market, using the elevator someone else mentioned - and that was "pre-knee replacement". Hope it's still as good, we might work in a one night stay in September.

Northern Aurora,We have sailed on Carnival many times in the past, but we were looking for a different line. I hope we will be satisfied with Celebrity. We have a balcony room on the Penthouse deck. Sounds like you have been pleased with the Infinity. I think I will go with Mayflower Park. Thanks for your response. Happy cruising!

Archived