Did Carnival ban soda cans?

SASSYMI2

I heard a rumor that Carnival no longer allows each passenger to bring aboard 12 soda cans/bottles on board. Did they recently change their policy?

Always allowed in the past.

Just off Carnival two weeks ago. Soda/water and wine were still allowed.

I heard a rumor that Carnival no longer allows each passenger to bring aboard 12 soda cans/bottles on board. Did they recently change their policy?

Always allowed in the past.

Perhaps they meant that they could not be "checked" with the porters. They need to be carried on.

When we cruised out of Tampa last fall, the porters were refusing to take any pop or water, they were telling folks to carry it on or take it back to their cars (if they had one parked at the port)

we have always put the soda and water inside a suitcase. We have never tried to just slap a luggage tag on a case of water or soda but have seen others do that in the past. Maybe that is what they are talking about?

In the past we checked a case of drinks, just taped it up and put on a label.

It was the porters' suggestion and they were cool with it.

Then we started packing it in checked luggage.

The porters were cool with that too.

Now we put it in a rolling suitcase and haul it on board.

They are going to open it up and shake every bottle of water.

Whatever right?

we have always put the soda and water inside a suitcase. We have never tried to just slap a luggage tag on a case of water or soda but have seen others do that in the past. Maybe that is what they are talking about?

You cannot do that anymore, the Carnival rules have changed and all pop, water and allotted wine must be carried on the ship with you.

Perhaps they meant that they could not be "checked" with the porters. They need to be carried on.

When we cruised out of Tampa last fall, the porters were refusing to take any pop or water,

they were telling folks to carry it on or take it back to their cars (if they had one parked at the port)

We did GLORY out of Manhattan back in October

I had an eight-pack of Ginger Ale packed in my checked-luggage suitcase (non-carry-on)

think it was aluminum cans

and it went thru OK, to the cabin. I drank every one of them.

We did GLORY out of Manhattan back in October

I had an eight-pack of Ginger Ale packed in my checked-luggage suitcase (non-carry-on)

think it was aluminum cans

and it went thru OK, to the cabin. I drank every one of them.

Your's may have slid by but I'm just repeating what the carnival rules are. You can go on to their FAQ's and read them. Not trying to be snarky, but just because you got them on in your checked bags doesn't mean everyone else will. Threre have been reports that some passengers ha thier pop taken from them...... You just got lucky...

Carnival is giving us the privledge to save a few bucks and carry on a reasonable amount of water, pop and allotted wine. I am just glad to be able to do so and will follow their rules so all Carnvial passengers can continue to have this privledge.

I had two bottles of wine and 8 bottles of water in a rolling carryon for me and my sis last month. They did not ask to open the bag or double check that I was with another person. They asked me to pass my straw cowboy hat from Cozumel around the scanner, since there is metal in the brim.

I agree with Hoosiercouple, the allotment per Carnival's rules and regulations are quite clear. Everyone that has tried to sneak wine and alcohol onboard by some very ingenious means, will eventually be caught. Cruisers trying to bring more than the allotted soft drinks and water on board can sometimes slide by the Porters and Security but, if caught, will have to cart the overage back to their vehicle or throw it away. In the future, these alcohol and soft drink rule breakers will affect Carnival's liberal policy which will probably be changed to monitor everyone more closely and might give them cause to change their policy and prohibit anyone from bringing water and soft drinks onboard.

The cruisers that follow the rules will be punished for the few who don't.

• 9 months later...
Are we to carry our 12-packs of soda & water on when we board? Those along with our carry-ons will be difficult to maneuver. Any tips?

pack it all in a rolling suitcase and at 1:30 when you are allowed in your cabin drop it off - or distribute it among all your family. Do not pack it in checked luggage for a number of reasons 1. you are not allowed and could be taken from you 2. could break open and leak not only in your luggage but over others luggage as well 3. suitcases are heavy enough to stewards with out added weight

You're allowed one twelve pack of non alcoholic beverages.per guest

There used to be no restriction ontje volume... now you're restricted to a Max of 20 oz per container.

Wow - I haven't seen you on threads for ages, did you take a break or did I just not hit threads that you have been on. Either way, nice to see you back

Yes you must carry them on board. Either buy a hand truck (dollie) or if you have luggage with wheels just bring a bungi cord and fasten the water and soda to the top of your luggage and wheel it on. We've done it both ways...both are easily manageable but the dollie is better.

Archived